Notices

Need HELP!! - Methadone Withdrawals :(

Old 05-27-2013, 08:47 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

What dose did you jumpf off at?

Not saying you should use these, but this is what my friend tries to have around:
Gingerale
Lemon ginger tea
Pepto bismal
Aleve gel caps
D-Phenylalanine
Dipenhydramine for sleep
Benzos for anxiety
Hot baths
Ensure or Multi-vitamin/mineral
Complete amino acid supplement
SAM-e
5HTP
Sex LOL
Music
Old 05-27-2013, 09:13 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

I'm thinking of jumping off now and getting it over with already, but I'm not sure if my dose is low enough yet for that to even be possible... I'm at 16mgs still and am supposed to go down to 15mgs on Thursday.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:03 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I tapered 2.5 milligrams every 3 or 4 days and i did that all the way to the end. Even after that, i went thru a pretty rough time for just under a month.

Never puked but had the body aches, goose bumps, chills, could NOT sleep to save my life. My doctor helped me with a 2 week regiment of sleep aids and something for blood pressure.

One of the toughest things I've ever done but I'm so glad i did.

I will never take methadone again. It's been 4 years next April.

Eat at least one balanced meal a day
Stay mentally busy
Lay off caffeine
Hot baths rock
Old 05-29-2013, 11:30 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

Wow sounds like you tapered down pretty fast. I don't know how you were able to handle that.
I'm already thinking of taking a break from my taper. Need to get a job again and get myself a bunch of money, as well as a drivers licence and some friends so getting off's not so miserable, emotional, hard or lonely.

Life's just been hitting me hard lately. I don't know how I would be able to handle it if I already have a hard time when I'm stablized at 16mgs of Methadone a day :S .... I don't know if I'd be able to handle anymore emotions in all honesty. Never realised how rough life is (I guess because I had the Opiates before).

Been getting a bunch of red flags and massive cravings lately. Honestly was so close to scoring something yesterday. Was gonna get DXM because I didn't wana go and get Opiates obviously and than I found out I'm completely broke lol. Think I need some time to sort stuff out.

Been drinking and smoking Pot here and there and it's just been making it even worse. but each time I chose to do those thing I felt like I just could take it anymore, so I snapped.

Maybe I just need a break, iunno.

I just had a massive break down in the last couple days honestly. I made a stupid mistake of tapering my Clonazepam right from 2mgs-1.5mgs and snapped on the 3rd day. Made my life a living hell!!! Was way too mmuch of a drop. Should just cut the .5mg pill into fourths...

It was fine when I first started to taper with the Methadone. But the longer I was contantly doing it, the more it started to wear and tear me. Now it's been months of this **** and I'm feeling worn right down.

I find the lower doses are even harder now to and only geting harder. Honestly just really scared. I don't know if my body would be able to stay clean without any Methadone. That's my biggest fear.

I mean it would be nice to totally be off of it one day. But I guess sometimes a non-drug induced break is neccassary. At least for me anyways. Like **** i still am having some Opiate cravings in the background here and there. It's not good at all. I'm super scared of having them full-force again if i was to be off of the Methadone completely.

That's my situation right now anyways. I've never once quit opiates totally in my life yet.

Completely broke right now though. Friendless. Lonely. Out of things to do. I need to get back into society. Can't even hold down a job while I'm constantly weaning down either, which is why I wanna take a break and try and enjoy the summer before it's over, because I know how bad Winter gets for me unfortunately (probably will be even worse now that I have as much of my feelings back as I do). Bunk. But it is what it is.

I used to be on 90mgs of Methadone, so I guess I just gota try and not be so hard on myself.

And congrats on the 4 years BTW. That's a huge accomplishment.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:01 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I HEARD BENZOS CAN SET YOU BACK. (JUST BE CAREFUL) I DO KNOW THEY "ARE" SOOOO NECESSARY THOUGH. I JUMPED AT 40MIL. ON METHADONE AND 150..ish... (more I think) ON OXY. THE OXY CAME FIRST. I THOUGHT I WAS OUT OF THE PITS, THEN........... THE METHADONE...WOW!!! I STILL AM HAVING SYMPTOMS...SIGH.... IT SOOOOOOO SUCKS BUT YOU JUST NEED TO STARE IT DOWN. AND NEVER GIVE UP!! I FEEL REAL GOOD NOW. JUST A LITTLE MORE TIRED AND RUN DOWN FROM THE "EXPERIENCE " BUT I'M ON THE MEND, BACK TO THE GYM AND ALL THE OTHER THINGS I USTA DO. JUST NOT AS INTENSE AS BEFORE UNTIL ITS OVER GOOD LUCK!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Old 06-13-2013, 09:09 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

Jumping from 40 mgs of Methadone would be one hell of a battle. Props to you for doing that. I know I wouldn't eb able to take that. I'd snap from the lack of sleep easily just like I did when I tried jumping from 45mgs using the ******** (I don't think the ******** really got in there because of the dose of methadone I was at and the blocking effect).

Right now I'm just stablized at 17mgs of Methadone and trying to get more things in order before I even consider tapering down even further. Things I didn't think I would care about back when I was stuck up on the hgiher doses of Methadone and all lifeless. It all takes time though.

I feel a break was definitely neccassary for me as I was literally going loony (especially looking back on these posts). That **** just blows my mind man.

Good for you though. That's a big achievment. Keep it up!!
Old 06-22-2013, 07:12 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

Hey guys. I really need help. I'm sturggling badly. I jumped off of 17mgs of Methadone using ********. Need help!!! Please HELP!!!!

I'm on day 4 today.
Old 06-23-2013, 01:53 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Staying with it is the hardest part j.s.n.!!! You just got to hang in there!!! Your whole body hurts and , you feel like you will never be the same but!!!,.... You will!!you got to give it time (something i had a hard time doing) when i was at that point, i thought of it as a boxing match, i pictured fighting someone and i was "not" going down, they were!!! I even counted rounds day by day. It's kinda hard but i hope it helps you!! You can do it -i
Old 06-26-2013, 09:51 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

So yesterday was day 7 off of Methadone and I had another flood dose of ********.

It did the job and now I'm alive more than ever and it feels like it's heaven on earth (compared to what we used to be going through) .

Recovery is what we always wnated. It is EVEERYHTHING.

I love my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =D

If I can get here in 8 days off of 17mgs of Methadone than anyone can!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep it up guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-19-2013, 01:53 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

Finders are not keepers, and Losers are not weepers. In fact they are not losers at all.
Old 07-20-2013, 06:01 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Night owl

Congratulations JustSayNoo! (I always hear/say "Noo" in my mind like Mr. Bill from SNL! ) That is awesome that you are now free and enjoying your recovery!
Old 07-21-2013, 09:57 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

So , anyone tell me... I'm "hearing" that the terrible feeling lasts for weeks/months. But how much of that terrible feeling is laying on the couch down for the count/ out?!

I was given methadone by my pain management Doctor for chronic pain. Searing nerve , on fire , stabbing pain. It has worked well. However, I'm feeling pretty done with it. I'm tired of driving to the Doctor office to pick up a paper RX, taking that to pharmacy sign this, sign that, promise your first child.. blah, blah, blah. I take 15 mg a day. 5 morning, 5 afternoon, 5 evening.

I was having dental work done and the dentist slipped and a gash in my mouth. When I was rxd vicodin. I thought.. this is it.. I can take the vicodin instead of the methadone. All of those horrible stories of the w/d from methadone will be eased a little bit. What a great idea!

NO!! The first day was a piece of cake. The second day I was tired; even took a little nap at my desk at work but I could handle it. I had absolutely had not ambition to do anything. Third day the same. That third night, oh my gosh I felt like I had a terrible case of the flu. My body hurt, couldn't sleep it was awful. I could barely get out of be.
I NEVER in my life have called in sick and that day I did. I lay on the couch knowing what it was and could hardly believe it. My kids are on summer vacation so they assumed it was the flu or something. Ran to the store for soup they tried to help. So sweet. I work with husband so he would call home and check. They have NO idea. At all.
Woke up the next morning and felt the same. My husband said "wow, I wonder what you have?" After he left for work and I had taken two hot baths I drug myself to the couch and lay for a while. I then thought: "what am I doing?" this is crazy. I'm hearing this lasts forever and I don't have forever!!

I've got a desk at work that is getting piled high with work. Nobody to replace me. I have guest coming in a week and I've got things to do to prepare.

I ended up take 5 mg and 2 hours later another 5. I just could not do it.

My God! I am scared. How will I get this done?

I'm NOT, NOT , NOT going to talk to a Doctor and ask for help. I'm not telling my husband or kids either. My husband is a functioning A, and I've preached to my teens about addiction for years. They hate drugs and alcohol. Even though mine was for pain , they will never, ever understand what this is. They will think I am a traitor, liar and will not trust a word I say again!!

How should I do this?
Old 07-23-2013, 09:54 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

You will feel better. I was on 75 mg of Methadone per day and started going down every week until I was at 20 mg. at that point I stopped for a week, and like you, I didn't last long, only a week til I went on Suboxone. Methadone is very addictive and the w/d are akin to heroin or Oxy w/d. I would suggest going on suboxone if u dont see yourself being able to stop methadone cold turkey-eventually. It gets rid of all w/d except for boredom (haha) and the physical dependence is minimal and VERY manageable compared to anything else, especially methadone.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:35 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

It's pretty hard for me to say because I used ***** as much as I did to get where I did. SO I can't really answer your question. Thanks to the above poster though who answered.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:25 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

So just updating here. Still clean and sober and going strong.

Just want to put in here that ********/***** isn't a total cure by any means. A lot of work still had to be done on my part in a lot of areas (too much to go into). So I don't want to be sending the wrong message out there.

Today is day 37 without Methadone and day 17 without Nicotine though and things are going decent I guess you could say.
There may still be some lingering Nicotine withdrawals in the background but it's not nearly as severe as it was in the beginning. I still find certain things stressful, especially if I do em for too long, but every person gets stressed out over certain things as well, so it does depend on the individual. Everyone has to quit their own way basically or go with their own flow and do whatever works for them.

I find the best thing that helps for me now a days is actually doing stuff basically. Working out, walking outside and enjoying the nature, eating lots, taking a vitamin daily, consuming lots of nutrients, listening to good tunes. Again it all depends on the individual though.

This is just my two cents.

Anyways that's all. Good luck everyone!!!
Old 07-25-2013, 01:35 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

methadone kick

I kicked methadone. Approx 1,000 mg every two days. It can be done have, faith and trust.

thanks
mike
Old 08-15-2013, 02:57 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

So just a quick update:

Day 58 without any Methadone. And day 38 without any Nicotine. Definitely stronger, that's for sure.

Definitely learning a lot each day to. More than I thought I would be. 58 days has done a lot more than I ever thought it would. Hard to believe where I used to be when I look back to. It really does just blow my mind. Once you find God though he really helps you through it all.

My advice would be to stay away from ALL substances if you wanna succeed to. It's all stepping stones, no matter the drug. (Alcohol, etc.)

Than again, for a lot I'm sure this may go in one ear and out the other. As most people have to learn on there own. But just thought I'd share my two cents.

It's definitely possible if you want it badly enough for you and no one else.

I remember when I was on Methadone I was convinced I was gonna be a lifer. Like seriously seriously convinced. Never thought it was possible to get off because of all the internet's BS I was always reading through, but it really is. It's great to have my soul back.

Good luck to any strugglers out there.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:18 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

And sorry I haven't posted here in a while. I've been dealing with my demons for a while now lol. Glad to be where I am today though.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:37 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

so I'm totally pissed off right now. I'm so damn sick and tired of going on facebook and never receiving any likes or anything. I'm super sick of having people just dodge me and treat me like I'm some piece of **** all because i got into Opiates. Like **** I had no clue what they we're i was 17 and was completely unaware of them yet society still blames the addict. Hell even my Mom seems to be fed up and that's my own ******* Mom. I'm sick of having noone to talk to. I'm sick of being depressed oover this **** and I'm sick of feeling like I'm surrounded by a bunch of ignorant assholes who really just don't give a ****. I'm tired as **** of it all and i just want it to end. It gives me mad cravings for **** ATM. But wtf can i do you know? I feel like I'm on my own and it reminds me of that part of the Bible where jesus was crucified and noone in the Bible would talk to him. Here I am alone as **** without nobody. I ******* hate it yo. To boot I'm up to 5mgs of Clonazepam a day. At first I thought it would help because I was on 4mgs before all this. On 4mgs I wasn't able to let all this **** out and i bottled a lot up, which ended up in me being in severe rage(especially right after my grandpa died which wasn't that long ago). . I've been through so much that my grandpa died and it took like 10 coldplay songs to make myself cry. It was rediculous and made me feel like a monster. So I upped my dose to 5mgs a day in total thinking it would help, but now here i am letting all this **** out and it only makes me feel like a piece of crap or more depressed because it's **** off of my chest that I have to hear which depresses me more, especially when i got noone to help me out or coach me or whatever you wanna call it. It's like I'm talking to a wall or to myself and I'm totally sick of it. It's like day 68 without Methadone. The only thing I'm on is Clonazepam (prescribed). And I keep having nitrous cravings because i keep thinking it's the safest thing. So that's where I'm at. Yeah the physical withdrawals are still over. but i still got all those burnt bridges. I still have trust issues with the whole god damn universe. For some reason i feel like some people wanna see me fail. Like I literally don't use **** because i can't handle comedowns and sometimes i feel like because of that people who do use certain **** wanna see me fail. I ******* hate it. I hate having noone to talk to. It's gotten to the point where I feel like beinding my no relationship rule for a the firs year of recovery just so i can have someone and not feel like such an alien. I'm sick of this **** completely. I guess I just needed to put that out there. I need some form of help but I don't know where to look. I got a permenanent record. Getting a jobs hard. I need money. I need to pay off my debts. It's all a big load. And to boot I'm sketched over certain things because of how things turned out while i was using for all those years. This is the longest I've been clean from opiates/Opioids and I don't know how to take it really in all honesty. I'm struggling and I don't know if everyone around me realises just how much. I'm sick of being alone and having to be so independent and always pull myself up. I'm sick of the highs and lows. Completely. Anyone out there at all? ****. FML. I feel like people forget that I'm a person or something you know? It doesn't matter how much **** I've been through, I still got feelings...
Old 08-25-2013, 10:30 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

Ended up going to an NA meeting today. Boy did it ever help!!!