View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 09:57 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
hisimage48

So , anyone tell me... I'm "hearing" that the terrible feeling lasts for weeks/months. But how much of that terrible feeling is laying on the couch down for the count/ out?!

I was given methadone by my pain management Doctor for chronic pain. Searing nerve , on fire , stabbing pain. It has worked well. However, I'm feeling pretty done with it. I'm tired of driving to the Doctor office to pick up a paper RX, taking that to pharmacy sign this, sign that, promise your first child.. blah, blah, blah. I take 15 mg a day. 5 morning, 5 afternoon, 5 evening.

I was having dental work done and the dentist slipped and a gash in my mouth. When I was rxd vicodin. I thought.. this is it.. I can take the vicodin instead of the methadone. All of those horrible stories of the w/d from methadone will be eased a little bit. What a great idea!

NO!! The first day was a piece of cake. The second day I was tired; even took a little nap at my desk at work but I could handle it. I had absolutely had not ambition to do anything. Third day the same. That third night, oh my gosh I felt like I had a terrible case of the flu. My body hurt, couldn't sleep it was awful. I could barely get out of be.
I NEVER in my life have called in sick and that day I did. I lay on the couch knowing what it was and could hardly believe it. My kids are on summer vacation so they assumed it was the flu or something. Ran to the store for soup they tried to help. So sweet. I work with husband so he would call home and check. They have NO idea. At all.
Woke up the next morning and felt the same. My husband said "wow, I wonder what you have?" After he left for work and I had taken two hot baths I drug myself to the couch and lay for a while. I then thought: "what am I doing?" this is crazy. I'm hearing this lasts forever and I don't have forever!!

I've got a desk at work that is getting piled high with work. Nobody to replace me. I have guest coming in a week and I've got things to do to prepare.

I ended up take 5 mg and 2 hours later another 5. I just could not do it.

My God! I am scared. How will I get this done?

I'm NOT, NOT , NOT going to talk to a Doctor and ask for help. I'm not telling my husband or kids either. My husband is a functioning A, and I've preached to my teens about addiction for years. They hate drugs and alcohol. Even though mine was for pain , they will never, ever understand what this is. They will think I am a traitor, liar and will not trust a word I say again!!

How should I do this?