Conflict

Old 04-06-2018, 09:55 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Administrator

Everyone get your last word in because I'm going to close this thread soon.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:56 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by JeffreyAK
I did not have any specific person in mind,
So when you say:
Originally Posted by JeffreyAK
That seems to be part of the problem, some people seem to consider themselves self-appointed teachers and decide who the students are, and make use of third-party "examples" to make their teaching points.
There wasn't actually a poster or posters that have done this that you were referring to? Did it happen, but you don't remember who did it?

I recently had a poster say this directly to me
wow. you spend a good amount of energy in persnickety judgementalism, and i guess you find that rewarding. i feel sad to read it. but i'll forget it in about a minute, and i send you best wishes for a nice, coming day.
Would I report this? Nah. I don't think it's worth my time or any mod's time. This appears to be a post attempting to disparage me, and I can chose if, or how, to respond to it. Because I'm a grown-up.

I think it would be super helpful if we stuck to calling posts "personal attacks" only when they really are. That's why I asked for clarification so that I can understand what everyone classes as an attack or not an attack.
Old 04-06-2018, 10:22 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

I'm a grown-up too. GeraldTwine seems to think I referred to his rude but not really personally-attacking post, in fact I was referring to the one above it, where someone claimed to be inside my head and accused me of having some sort of agenda. I didn't report either of them. So if you want an example, there's one for me. In any case, I'll bid this thread adieu.
Old 04-06-2018, 11:03 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
Would I report this? Nah. I don't think it's worth my time or any mod's time. This appears to be a post attempting to disparage me, and I can chose if, or how, to respond to it. Because I'm a grown-up.
This misses the bigger picture for me which is what are newcomers going to think when they come to this site looking for help and instead of a sharing of personal experience they see personal attacks and disparagements of other methods.
Old 04-06-2018, 11:20 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks everyone. I'm going to close this thread now.