Funny Things My AV Said Today

Old 04-19-2013, 11:48 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
You could get drunk, sober up and be undetectable when Mrs Non came home if you start RIGHT NOW.
I've gotten that one before. I replied "if I quit RIGHT NOW she won't notice"
Old 04-20-2013, 06:36 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Sober , love your avatar. Let's see . Oh yea. Now that you made day 8 why not use you deserve it, never made day 8 before
Old 04-20-2013, 06:44 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

My AV has been extremely quite the last few days. Maybe because I'm on my honeymoon just from reading the AVRT site. Maybe just because I just really learned about this AV...as something separate from me. Maybe it's laying low and will spring up and roar? time will tell but this seems almost to easy......
Not complaining...) I can feel it wants to speck but can't very loud...Not sure but a good strange..
Old 04-20-2013, 07:24 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trikyriky View Post
Sober , love your avatar. Let's see . Oh yea. Now that you made day 8 why not use you deserve it, never made day 8 before
That's my beast! It loves to suggest celebrating sobriety with a drink too.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:15 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

You should drink a few when you are sick....you have a terrible sore throat, "the wine will KILL The GERMS IN YOUR THROAT"!!!!!

that's a real knee-slapper...the AV never gives up does he? i opted for throat lozenges and hot coffee.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:43 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

I am on the 3rd day of quitting smoking. I thought I would be more worried about that. I have yet to have these strong of urges to drink in the 2.5 months I have sober. I could go to the liquor store, get really drunk and guarantee I would make it past the remaining 6 hours of this quit. (comfortably because I have not been comfortable in 66 hours) The worst part is that it sounds like a good idea. It is not happening, but even just the thought has me tense.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:11 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by silentrun View Post
... The worst part is that it sounds like a good idea. It is not happening, but even just the thought has me tense.
AV Police here!

It obviously doesn't sound like a good idea to you. It's just a thought, and it's not even your thought, so don't stress.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:21 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

In the old days, doctor's sterilization procedures were done with whiskey.....it WILL kill off the virus in your throat...help you to HEAL!!!

shutup shutup get out of my house.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:36 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

The AV Police? Sergeant Joe Friday reporting in:
Maybe it's laying low and will spring up and roar? Time will tell but this seems almost too easy......
Suspect AV positively ID'd and recognized, that self doubt disguise was as flimsy as a cheap burnoose.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:33 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

My beast has been pretty quiet since I just finished reading Rational Recovery today. I think it's scared. Poor thing.

I did recall the first ludacris thing my AV ever said to me though today. "It's an acquired taste but you'll learn to like it."

If I have to acquire the taste then why would I even want it? I see what you did there beast. Touché.
Old 04-21-2013, 02:21 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Over at a friend's home for dinner last night with the missus. After dinner I was trying to be helpful, so the hostess asked me to take the leftovers out to the refrigerator in the garage. I know what else they keep out there. Been in their garage many times. There's beer and wine and cider in that refrigerator. Also, next to the refrigerator is a shelf where they keep the hard liquor.

When I was drinking I would always volunteer to get people another beer/wine/cider from that fridge in their garage. My first pass I would peruse the liquor shelf and identify my target - an already open bottle of something inexpensive with an easy to work cap, nothing fancy. Subsequent trips to the fridge I would grab that bottle of liquor, take a hit from the bottle, put it back and continue to the fridge for beer/wine. I always tried to be quick so it didn't look like I'd paused for anything in the garage. I can't believe I never got caught.

Putting away leftovers out there would have been a dream come true. That takes time. You might have to rearrange things in the fridge to get them to fit. You might get 2 or 3 pulls off the liquor bottle with that kind of time. And the selection last night was marvelous. Several open bottles to choose from. Nothing that would be missed. My AV took over for a few seconds as I gaped at all that liquor on display. I picked up the 1.5L of Skyy vodka to bring it in better light. Just wanted verify it was already opened and how much was left in it.

"That would be the one."

Can you imagine - standing in the garage hoisting a 1.5L bottle of vodka to your face for a quick gulp? My Beast is a pig. Maybe that's why I like bacon so much. Maybe it's a metaphor of some sort.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:25 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

"My beast has been pretty quiet since I just finished reading Rational Recovery today. I think it's scared. Poor thing"

I look forward to my book arriving...starting today will drive to the Post Office everyday
Happy reading awaits.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:35 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

My AV told me I shouldn't have quit after such a wretched night of drinking, that it's a shame to end my drinking career with such a terrible time and I need to drink again to have one last 'good' night of drinking.

Like waking-up hungover again is going to make me feel better.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:36 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I get that one, too, DG049. My AV also tells me that my last drunk should be 'special'. I should drink my favorite beverages and enjoy a cozy evening in front of the television.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:16 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

no one will know

My dumbass AV is telling me " You just made day 10 , congratulations , now let's get some , continue posting, no one will know " . I know so F..k off AV
Old 04-22-2013, 11:17 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

"Don't post that thought on SR."

After looking over my wife's travel itinerary for next week and finding spots I could drink and not get caught.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:48 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
"Don't post that thought on SR."
I know that voice all too well. It just spoke to me five minutes ago
Old 04-22-2013, 05:53 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

My av said no one will know just get one piece it's only 40 dollars you can just do one and feel better. Yeah okay idiot av there is no such thing as getting one piece. Always leads to 2 or 4 maybe even 5. You can't trick me you sneaky *******!
Old 04-23-2013, 03:07 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Earlier today I had to run out and pick up a couple of medications prescribed by my doctor. When I got home I took them out of the bag so I could have my first dose. So loser AV flips a nutty on me when it sees a big red/orange sticker on one of the bottles which read "DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL BEVERAGES WHILE TAKING THIS MEDICATION".

Stupid moron.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:06 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

my AV I am sure gets tired of me saying O YAAA going to bed sober, feels so good...then walking up...HAAAA a clear mind AGAIN!!!....if this is possible, if this is how it can work? I let it hear me talk first....or is this recognizing it? But, I read it's always there....so why not give it a talk to first and I do not let it answer, it's quite....this is all new to me...but it's working.)