View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 02:21 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Nonsensical
Hears The Voice

Over at a friend's home for dinner last night with the missus. After dinner I was trying to be helpful, so the hostess asked me to take the leftovers out to the refrigerator in the garage. I know what else they keep out there. Been in their garage many times. There's beer and wine and cider in that refrigerator. Also, next to the refrigerator is a shelf where they keep the hard liquor.

When I was drinking I would always volunteer to get people another beer/wine/cider from that fridge in their garage. My first pass I would peruse the liquor shelf and identify my target - an already open bottle of something inexpensive with an easy to work cap, nothing fancy. Subsequent trips to the fridge I would grab that bottle of liquor, take a hit from the bottle, put it back and continue to the fridge for beer/wine. I always tried to be quick so it didn't look like I'd paused for anything in the garage. I can't believe I never got caught.

Putting away leftovers out there would have been a dream come true. That takes time. You might have to rearrange things in the fridge to get them to fit. You might get 2 or 3 pulls off the liquor bottle with that kind of time. And the selection last night was marvelous. Several open bottles to choose from. Nothing that would be missed. My AV took over for a few seconds as I gaped at all that liquor on display. I picked up the 1.5L of Skyy vodka to bring it in better light. Just wanted verify it was already opened and how much was left in it.

"That would be the one."

Can you imagine - standing in the garage hoisting a 1.5L bottle of vodka to your face for a quick gulp? My Beast is a pig. Maybe that's why I like bacon so much. Maybe it's a metaphor of some sort.