Notices

Daily Check In; Part VI

Old 02-09-2009, 03:21 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  
To Life!

Tuff,
What's the surgery for? I'm glad you quit prior to it. I understand one heals quicker, and that the anestesia is easier when one is a quitter. Good luck to you, and let us know how it goes, ok?

Yon,
Take as many starts as you need till you get it right. Heck, I don't know if I could count as high as all my attempted starts!

Moose???
Where *are* you???
Hope everything's ok. Your hubby ok? I miss you....

I'm now Four weeks, 8 hours, 21 minutes and 9 seconds nicotine free. 566 cigarettes not smoked, saving $170.09. Life saved: 1 day, 23 hours, 10 minutes.
Nais gadol haya po!

Keep the quit and post before you puff!

Shalom!
Old 02-10-2009, 02:07 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Hey teach........isn't four weeks the equivalent of ONE MONTH?

Way to go! It DOES feel good doesn't it?

My surgery is a minor bladder surgery .....probably will be in the hospital for a week. I go in Friday for the pre-op blood work and cardiogram and check in next week Wednesday.

I have to admit I has a REALLY hard time last night and it is continuing into today. I really am craving a cig....trying to talk myself into having one........going a little crazy beating back the craving........

Maybe it's the full moon? Honestly that is the only thing I can think of, this has been the worst crave of this quit. I don't like this feeeling, no not one bit.

But as of now, I haven't caved and I am still smoke free.

Hopefully when I check back tomorrow I will still be smoke -free, but I gotta say.......DAMMIT this sucks!
Old 02-10-2009, 03:12 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  
To Life!

Tuff,
It *may* be the full moon.
But, it may also be the fact that you've got surgery coming and you're nervous. Yes?
Remember HALT -- the hungry, angry, lonely, tired acronym. Well, my last quit, I came to learn that the acronym was only a partial list. It also stands for all the emotions that can trigger us, like fear, nervousness, anxiety, and yes, even excitement and happiness! Our relationship with nicotine was intertwined with every aspect of our lives and we used sickarettes for every occassion. So, the fact that you've got this surgery coming up, and you don't have your former "best friend" to comfort you anymore is a real change. That in itself could account for the intensity of craving. Just remember, it *will* pass!

Yea, 4 weeks is a month, but, I don't remember the exact date of my quit, lol! The counter will let me know when it's a real month, thank goodness. During my last quit, I obsessed over that type of thing. It was a month at four weeks, damn it! LOL! Maybe that's why I went so crazy the last time. This time, I'm hardly noticing the time. Only coming here and posting it is when I know how long. Otherwise, I don't think of it at all. It's been Four weeks, one day, 8 hours, 5 minutes and 8 seconds nicotine free now. That's 586 cigarettes not smoked, saving $176.02. Life saved: 2 days, 50 minutes.

I've had some stressful times, lately. Difficulty sleeping as a result. Lots of tense muscles and even a bit of TMJ too. I think most of it is a result of quitting, but, there's other stuff going on too, in my personal life. So, it adds up. Anyway, there's been cravings as a result, but, I'm getting through them. ODAAT.
Nais gadol haya po!

Shalom!
Old 02-10-2009, 06:42 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  
Requires Adult Supervision

Well,
I would like to give you all a praise report today.
I just want to praise God for the strength He has given me on this journey.
As I said before, Monday was my first day with no patch.
I was a little curt a couple of time throughout the day but I made it.
This morning I got up and noticed that I had a little craving going.
So, I went down and took a shower and got ready for work.
By the time I was dressed the craving had passed.
I want to praise God because He gave me the strength to stand on my own two feet.
40 days ago when I started this adventure I had no knowledge of me being able
to succeed at quitting nicotine. Today that is what God has granted me, knowledge.
I had to look to Him many times a day over the last 40 days for strength. Today,
I see that He has finally granted me success. This addiction no longer has any
power over me. I am no longer bound by this world or any of the substances therein.
Thank you Lord!!
Old 02-10-2009, 11:17 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Ah Teach, yes that makes sense. I really didn't think I was nervous about the surgery...it IS minor and I have been waiting for this for over a year! Upon further introspection, I HAVE been worried about the financial aspects of it, so,yes, that could be.

It is true that ANY emotion is capable of triggering a crave. Someone on another forum called it the "40 day itch".

ANYWAYS.................I am back again today, and YES I am still smoke-free. I am so happy because I know I would have been terribly dissapointed w/myself had I caved.

Teach, I know all about the not being able to sleep dealie. I am all the way across the pond from my 2 kids and sometimes it is all I do is worry about them .
Wake up, toss and turn........I have never in my life had trouble sleeping until now.

It is funny, abouyt the bowls story, lately when I go to ask myself "Have you eaten?" my response has not been "YES", ""Then wash your bowls" , my repsonse as of late has been "YES, but I could eat MORE!" Gonna have to get a grip soon..................

DAY 43 today!
Old 02-12-2009, 06:00 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  
To Life!

Oy, I know what you mean about eating more....
I've got to stop now!
I had enough issues going on when my mom passed away in August.
I gained and lost the same five pounds at least 6 times.
That's thirty pounds I was fooling around with!
Now, I've kept that five pounds!
ENOUGH!!!!

I finally made the legitimate "month." LOL!
I'm now One month, 22 hours, 54 minutes and 4 seconds. 639 cigarettes not smoked, saving $191.73. Life saved: 2 days, 5 hours, 15 minutes.
Nais gadol haya po!

Glad you made it without the cave too!
And sorry you're so far from your kids. It's hard. I am too, but, it's not a physical distance, unfortunately. My heart aches at times.
But, smoking won't change any of that, now, will it.

So, we'll just keep the quit and post before we puff!

Shalom!
Old 02-13-2009, 09:06 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Hey Chippa, that band is the one you play in? And you are the drummer? I can't remember what you told me.

Alice? How are you?

Mooselips? Where is she???

Congrats to Steam!!!!!!!!!!! That is fantastic! I am still smoke free too.....3 months, 1 week and 5 days.

Wonderful not having to put up with it anymore!!!! I love breathing clear and people are telling me that my color is back in my face. I never knew how bad it affected your skin.

Well hope all of the oldies are pulling it back together...worried about moose.....
Old 02-13-2009, 09:29 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Here I am.

Waiting for Spring.

A couple weeks back, when I cheated and smoked a couple smokes, I ended up with a nasty cough, only at night. I think someone is trying to tell me...DON'T DO THAT!

But I'm doing well.

Making a plan to rid myself of the 10 pounds I've put on.
I have a wicked sweet tooth these days!
Old 02-13-2009, 12:51 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Palm I'm the singer- the moron jumping around like a wounded duck- I played drums for a long time, but I have so much more fun being the front guy- I guess I'm sort of an attention you-know-what

Good work everyone, like I said I still lurk around these parts from time to time- I am so impressed and inspiured by all your trials and tribualtions

moose I HAVE that cough now

But the cough isn't the worst, it's the guilt when my kids see me stepping out for a smoke- the guilt that is so easily overcome when I really want one, but rushes back in spades immediately after that first drag...

I KNOW there's life after cigarettes, for crimey's sake I made it a week short of a year... It's just a matter of taking that plunge again

Chippa, buck up, get it together- stop crying before I give you something to cry about and all that...

Have a good weekend everyone, thanks for the good thoughts moose- spring is on it's way!
Old 02-13-2009, 01:22 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  
down the rabbit hole

hey everyone, I'm still struggling a bit, haven't been around much because I'm trying to break myself of CONSTANTly being on the computer, but I should check in more often. still haven't gotten myself quite back to that jumping off point, the point where I know i'll succeed because I want it more than anything. A good day here, a bad day there.. I know i'll get there, and soon.

Happy Valentine's day tomorrow! Or as my friends and I are celebrating it "Singles Awareness Day..."
Old 02-14-2009, 07:58 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  

I'm back!!!

I got sick of coughing and not being able to sing right

Day one and going strong- hope everyone is having a good weekend- I went to see my Grandmother today with my sons- her 90th birthday is tomorrow and she's in kind of shaky health, so I was glad to finally get the time to go and see her and I know she was super happy to see her great-grandchildren- it was nice

Keep up the good work everyone!
Old 02-15-2009, 05:21 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  
To Life!

Good to see you back on the wagon, Chippa!
And happy birthday to your grma!!! 90 and kicking is pretty dang good!
:day

Moose,
Good to see ya. I was getting worried about you!

I"m now One month, three days, 10 hours, 19 minutes and 55 seconds nicotine free. That's 688 cigarettes not smoked, saving $206.58. Life saved: 2 days, 9 hours, 20 minutes.
Nais gadol haya po!

Shalom!
Old 02-16-2009, 07:39 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  

IF I was keeping track, today would be day three

but I think I'm going to not keep track on account of how far I already came, it would make me sad

I ate so much yesterday it was like a rodeo

Trying to drink a lot of water and noticing my deep breaths

Last edited by historyteach; 02-16-2009 at 04:12 PM. Reason: hit edit instead of thanks by mistake. :(
Old 02-16-2009, 12:48 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  

WTG Chippa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad to hear that!!!!!!!!!!!!We have to work on Alice now!!!!!!!Moose.......get back on track!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay Chippa, I will go look at you tube again and check out the moron jumping around...seems like I remember thinking that......LOL!!! just kidding....
Old 02-16-2009, 12:55 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  

This time I can NOT go back to smoking again and the reason is I forgot how bad it sucks when you have to quit again-

what a dope I was

went to the gym today and ran my butt off then took a steam- felt really good, but the cravings that surround EVERYTHING are coming back-

sidenote- I just ate a circus peanut and who in blue blazes came up with that thing? what a terrible little food item- doesn't really taste that good, weird consistency, bright bright color that doesn't belong in food- just a weird weird food item to be sure
Old 02-16-2009, 01:48 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Been a while since I have checked in. I understand relapse is always a possibility, so I always need to remember where I came from, and I do that reading about the folks on this forum struggling with kicking this terrible addiction.

I have been quit for 1 Year, 4 Months, 3 Weeks, 1 Day, 20 hours, 8 minutes and 58 seconds (511 days). I have saved $3,685.24 by not smoking 20,473 cigarettes. I have saved 2 Months, 1 Week, 3 Days, 2 hours and 5 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 9/23/2007 8:34 PM
Old 02-16-2009, 04:00 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  

what an inspiration nosmoken......I am 3 months and 2 weeks into it....can't imagine ever going back. I worked too damn hard to give it up. I don't ever want to go through that again for the rest of my life.
It was here that I got the help I needed. If were not for this forum....I would still be puffing away.
It's a wonderful life.....oh so wonderful!
Old 02-16-2009, 04:06 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Chippa, sounds like you got it going on with the band thing.....good music.....!
Old 02-16-2009, 04:19 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  
To Life!

Chippa,
Don't try to compare then and now. All we have is today. Stay in the moment. And be grateful that you are nicotine free for today.
I'm so grateful to be smoke free again. It would be a total waste for me to look back and say what could have been. What *is* is all that matters. I don't want the negativity that surrounds that other way of thinking. I'm just proud to be One month, four days, 21 hours, 18 minutes and 28 seconds nicotine free. That's 717 cigarettes not smoked, saving $215.33. Life saved: 2 days, 11 hours, 45 minutes.
Nais gadol haya po!

Shalom!
Old 02-17-2009, 05:45 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Thanks Palm, we have a lot of fun

Amen teach-

It's the now

I'll tell you my voice is way better even now after a few short days (FOUR)- actually it's not that it's better, it's that it sucked for the past few weeks when I was smoking again- I am so excited for this Friday- we're playing at a place that is maybe 2 blocks from my house and I'm pretty sure it's going to be jam packed... and I love knowing I'll have my wind and my pipes up and ready because my lungs won't be crying for the smoke-

I feel so good about not being a slave to the cigarettes- and I love breathing deep

nosmoken- alweays good to hear from a Pats fan! wtg!