Notices

We Refuse To Give Up!!! Dedicated by Vic To His Friend Denise

Old 06-06-2006, 04:16 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

AWWWWWWW....your hugs soften my wounds. Thank you.

love,
live/Tena
Old 06-06-2006, 04:20 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

okay....I am really feeling boo-hoo weepy...but guess what I have an online meeting to go to tonight.
HOOOORRRRRAAAAAHHHHHHH!

I am so sick/messed up that I can deal with abuse better than I can with care, love and concern.
I am working on that.
Codependent No More is going to help me with that.

LOVE,
Tena
Old 06-06-2006, 06:38 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by liveweyerd
okay....I am really feeling boo-hoo weepy...but guess what I have an online meeting to go to tonight.
HOOOORRRRRAAAAAHHHHHHH!

I am so sick/messed up that I can deal with abuse better than I can with care, love and concern.
I am working on that.
Codependent No More is going to help me with that.

LOVE,
Tena
Aww I wish I would have been here for you! See that is codependent. I went to my NA meeting and my Happy Hour today and both of them were on spirituality..I LOVE IT> Tena just take it easy...you are doing wonderful
Old 06-06-2006, 11:09 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Yeah.....I don't have to let other people upset me, especially if it is pure projection and their sickness talking.
Been out and about for two days in a row! Munching down at Chilis with my best girlfriend. And took care of some procrastinated business at the post office....had to overnight them.
I am tempted to make an emergency run to the all night McDonald's right now.
Yep. Hungry! (Again, always!) LOL
But I can save some money and just go to bed, put in a wake up call and get to the complimentary breakfast bar in the morning and eat a huge plate of eggs, biscuit and gravy and bacon. And stick a yogurt in my pocket for later.
Ever tried those southwestern eggrolls at Chilis? YUM. Also am addicted to the boneless hot wing poppers (chicken breast bite size in hot spicy sauce with bleu chees and celery).

Laughing,,,,I don't crave drugs, I am too busy with food fantasies all the time LOL

Thanks for the hugs!
Old 06-06-2006, 11:11 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

oh...they also have the BEST country fried steak with real mashed potatoes and gravy and corn on the cob.

okay....not exactly in my diet, but I am headed to McD's...one real close and open all night.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:20 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by liveweyerd
oh...they also have the BEST country fried steak with real mashed potatoes and gravy and corn on the cob.

okay.....
I love Country Fried Steak OMG all this talk about food is making me hungry. OK here is another day, and a day to remind ourselves. WE REFUSE TO GIVE UP!!!! and WE REFUSE TO GIVE IN!!!!!

Love Vic
Old 06-07-2006, 12:15 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

I am feeling really down right now, and that isn't a good place, don't know what brought it on, so I need my reminder right NOW

"WE REFUSE TO GIVE UP!!!! I REFUSE TO GIVE UP!!!! WE REFUSE TO GIVE IN!!!! I REFUSE TO GIVE IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Old 06-08-2006, 04:55 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Feeling good today, yep another nice day outside looking forward to today.

Reminder for today

WE REFUSE TO GIVE UP!!!! and WE REFUSE TO GIVE IN!!!!!
Old 06-08-2006, 10:54 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

i had a dream last night that i had a beer. i woke up this morning with so much disappointment! i even checked the trash to make sure it wasnt true.

i may have given up in my dream but now that i am awake -

I REFUSE TO GIVE UP
Old 06-08-2006, 11:20 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by the_undertow
i had a dream last night that i had a beer. i woke up this morning with so much disappointment! i even checked the trash to make sure it wasn't true.

i may have given up in my dream but now that i am awake -

I REFUSE TO GIVE UP
In meetings I have head that part of dreaming about our using is a sign of letting go. In early recovery it seems like we are able to dream sometimes. So if that will help you out that is good. Remember Just For Today.

WE REFUSE TO GIVE UP!!! and WE REFUSE TO GIVE IN

Love Vic
Old 06-08-2006, 04:07 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Just another reminder today for me, yes I am having cravings but I AM NOT GOING TO USE.

WE REFUSE TO GIVE UP!!!!! and WE REFUSE TO GIVE IN!!!!

PERIOD!!!!!!

THIS TOO WILL PASS
Old 06-09-2006, 06:15 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

((((((Denise)))))

Ok here I am doesn't matter how many days I have, doesn't matter we all have to go through today is all. So who is joining me here on this one day?

WE REFUSE TO GIVE UP!!!! and WE REFUSE TO GIVE IN!!!!!!
Old 06-09-2006, 07:45 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by luckyv2
((((((Denise)))))

Ok here I am doesn't matter how many days I have, doesn't matter we all have to go through today is all. So who is joining me here on this one day?

WE REFUSE TO GIVE UP!!!! and WE REFUSE TO GIVE IN!!!!!!
((((((Vic))))))

Me Vic! I'm here to join you on this one day! I refuse to give up or give in either. "One day at a time" thats the way to go!

(((((((( Denise ))))))))
Love you little sister! Dont give up and dont quit! Stay on the happy bus!

Love you all, (((Dont Quitters))) ((Big Hugs))
Old 06-09-2006, 10:05 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by Bonni
((((((Vic))))))

Me Vic! I'm here to join you on this one day! I refuse to give up or give in either. "One day at a time" thats the way to go!

(((((((( Denise ))))))))
Love you little sister! Dont give up and dont quit! Stay on the happy bus!

Love you all, (((Dont Quitters))) ((Big Hugs))
Thanks better do it again here, WE REFUSE TO GIVE UP!!!!!
Old 06-10-2006, 06:30 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Today I was just letting my mind wonder, just reflecting on how many people not only come in and out of the meetings but how many people that come in and out of here. Yes, here lately how many of us that have been here, and yet it seems like a lot of the originals have left. So today

WE REFUSE TO GIVE UP!!!!!!!! and WE REFUSE TO GIVE IN!!!!!!!!!!

This is a daily reminder also that "Nothing is going to happen to me today that God and I together can't handle" OK have a lot to do here yep it is Saturday.

Love Vic
Old 06-10-2006, 08:43 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

I was just thinking on the same line, having only been here not even four months so many have already come and gone. I thought perhaps that's the whole point, to eventually move on beyond Newcomers, progress into other forums here, or be able to move on from here with restored confidence and sober mind so to re-engage in LIFE. Yet, I KNOW the relevance of staying connected, how it's right when we let our guard down and start thinking "I don't need support/ help/ communciation/ connectedness anymore," that's when we set ourselves up for a fall. Too self-reliant. Too much self-will.

"We keep what we have by giving it away." Much gratitude for the long-term personalities here, who continue to provide so much support to newcomers, and maintain long-term relationships with those who have been around for some time.
Old 06-10-2006, 06:12 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by aloneagainor
"I don't need support/ help/ communication/ connectedness anymore," that's when we set ourselves up for a fall. Too self-reliant. Too much self-will.
Yes we do need that and today is the only day that we need to work on. We come to the program as isolators, being alone, lonely, despair. Then the more meetings we attend, the more we study our road map, the more we apply these principals in all of our affairs, the more we realize that the fellowship of NA is where the isolation is replaced by a group of us who would never dream of sitting there talking, maybe going out for coffee or a soda, maybe just kicking back and watching a movie.

Getting involved in the fellowship is very important in early recovery, emptying ashtrays, making coffee, greeting people, looking for someone that is standing alone after the meeting and going up to them and offering a hand. That is the gift of reaching out to be of service to others.

OK just a reminder this evening, Saturday Night.

WE REFUSE TO GIVE UP!!!! and WE REFUSE TO GIVE IN!!!!!

Love Vic :banandan
Old 06-11-2006, 04:04 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by luckyv2
Yes we do need that and today is the only day that we need to work on. We come to the program as isolators, being alone, lonely, despair. Then the more meetings we attend, the more we study our road map, the more we apply these principals in all of our affairs, the more we realize that the fellowship of NA is where the isolation is replaced by a group of us who would never dream of sitting there talking, maybe going out for coffee or a soda, maybe just kicking back and watching a movie.
The idea that isolationist drug addicts can find a sense of acceptance, indeed belonging, that they'll BE there, still seems too precious to be real. I attended an outdoor/ campout meeting last night, where 20 recovering addicts were PRESENT. I mean, they were there in body, spirit, and mind. Not floating around with their feet off the ground, not wandering the outskirts of the woods along the river edge, but they were THERE, gathered around a roaring fire, talking, sometimes about events, sometimes about people, sometimes about recovery. Openly sharing. Inviting, encouraging, welcoming. OPEN to all who wish to share in the fellowship. LOOKING directly at each other, eye to eye. Without hiding, without shame, without fear. Everyone present had far, far more clean time than I, but welcomed me as though I belonged there every bit as much as the rest of them. Everyone accepted, with a desire to stop using. Everyone has that free choice, to kick the drugs out of their head, and choose to re-claim their life as their own.
Old 06-11-2006, 06:53 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

You just described some of the miracles of the program, the not alone any more, the people in the fellowship, it is a beautiful thing in deed. I love NA, I am really loving recovery right now and have been. They say that this is an easy program for complicated people.

OK just my reminder WE REFUSE TO GIVE UP!!!! and WE REFUSE TO GIVE IN!!!!

Love Vic
Old 06-12-2006, 05:48 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Just need this reminder again today, yes I do, Yes we do

WE REFUSE TO GIVE UP!!!!! and WE REFUSE TO GIVE IN!!!!!

One thing that I was happy with, I made this on the computer first thing that I have ever done. So I am still teachable I guess.

Attached Images
File Type: gif
The Now.GIF (6.1 KB, 32 views)