Notices

We Refuse To Give Up!!! Dedicated by Vic To His Friend Denise

Old 06-04-2006, 01:05 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Well, if you were near where I am, we would go out and treat ourselves to a nice meal out. My treat.
I am needing to get out of the isolation anyway.
There's a super bar-b-q place that does not serve alcohol.
I love those hot chicken pop-its at Chilis.
But my mind is really wandering to this fine oriental restaurant that has the very best scallops I have ever eaten.....a whole pile of spicy big scallops surrounded prettily by steamed broccoli.
And we could go for a country drive....the flowers and trees are so pretty right now. And I am very near the Ohio river...so we could go look at the locks too.
And there is a fitness room in the hotel....with a buddy, maybe I would get off my duff and go collapse in 5 minutes on the treadmill. LOL
Sorry I missed the other thread...which one are you referring to? I will check it.
Old 06-04-2006, 02:44 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by liveweyerd
Well, if you were near where I am, we would go out and treat ourselves to a nice meal out. My treat.
I am needing to get out of the isolation anyway.
There's a super bar-b-q place that does not serve alcohol.
I love those hot chicken pop-its at Chilis.
But my mind is really wandering to this fine oriental restaurant that has the very best scallops I have ever eaten.....a whole pile of spicy big scallops surrounded prettily by steamed broccoli.
And we could go for a country drive....the flowers and trees are so pretty right now. And I am very near the Ohio river...so we could go look at the locks too.
And there is a fitness room in the hotel....with a buddy, maybe I would get off my duff and go collapse in 5 minutes on the treadmill. LOL
Sorry I missed the other thread...which one are you referring to? I will check it.
Aww LIVE you are so special, thanks for your concern. I am however doing much better now. I do so appreciate you and your endevors here, getting clean that is so huge. I think that you are on a very special journey here and you are truly going to be able to help many people who come your way.

Love Vic
Old 06-04-2006, 03:12 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

That wasn't just concern....that's the buddy system!
You'd be helping me. (Isolation, ya know)

This may sound pitiful...but I don't care......I am alive today. Yep, with someone's encouragement I opened the curtains. Being on such a roll, I unloaded the dishwasher, re-loaded it and ran it. Hearing it running gave me another burst...I opened the window and made the bed (removes temptation to get back in it), I hung up my winter coat in the coat closet.
And Levi (thanks so much) gave me the dietary info I had been looking for for months....grocery shopping is going to be FUN, I will feel so positive and healthy, reading labels and knowing what I am looking for, for a change. I am not trying to lose weight I was looking for optimum energy diet.
This moving around thing has me a little shaky, but it also has momentum. It won't take too many more small burst to have things tidy.
(I don't make much of a mess when I spend all my time in bed or on the computer LOL)
IF I can get myself to bathe, dress nicely, put on makeup and go out to Barnes and Nobles I am going to consider today a huge success. And I will go out to eat. I just can't settle on which food fantasy to indulge!
Old 06-04-2006, 03:19 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

That wasn't just concern....that's the buddy system!
You'd be helping me. (Isolation, ya know)

This may sound pitiful...but I don't care......I am alive today. Yep, with someones encouragement I opened the curtains. Being on such a roll, I unloaded the dishwasher, re-loaded it and ran it. Hearing it running gave me another burst...I opened the window and made the bed (removes temptation to get back in it), I hung up my winter coat in the coat closet.
And Levi (thanks so much) gave me the dietary info I had been looking for for months....grocery shopping is going to be FUN, I will feel so positive and healthy, reading labels and knowing what I am looking for, for a change. I am not trying to lose weight I was looking for optimum energy diet.
This moving around thing has me a little shaky, but it also has momentum. It won't take too many more small burst to have things tidy.
(I don't make much of a mess when I spend all my time in bed or on the computer LOL)
IF I can get myself to bathe, dress nicely, put on makeup and go out to Barnes and Nobles I am going to consider today a huge success. And I will go out to eat. I just can't settle on which food fantasy to indulge!
Wow you are really putting forth here, getting into action is the key, yes and I am so proud of the progress that you are saying. That is awesome. Yes the buddy system. Well it is my thread in the NA forum. But this my friend makes me so happy to see the progress that you are concurring with the isolation thing. Keep it going that is for sure.

Love Vic
Old 06-04-2006, 03:28 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

o o o, i gotta chime in. if you are going to B&N, pick up this ugly orange book called the ABS DIET (its not really a diet). it teaches you how to eat several meals, read labels, avoid transfats, and has tasty recipes. it doesnt focus on protien nor calories - but just really healthy foods.

its great.
Old 06-04-2006, 03:50 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

I will definitely look for it...mind you, I never cook, but that may be something that I may just start doing again, at the moment it sounds like a grand idea!
Thank you!
Old 06-05-2006, 06:08 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Well here we are it is Monday right? Today I am going to do a little landscaping almost looks like it might today, hope I can keep dry here. OK just the reminder that I need here "WE REFUSE TO GIVE UP!! and WE REFUSE TO GIVE IN !!!!! "

Love Vic
Old 06-05-2006, 02:32 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

im visiting my folks today. i REALLY need here.

Old 06-05-2006, 02:35 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by the_undertow
im visiting my folks today. i REALLY need here.

Glad that you are here, glad that we all are here. Yes I think for myself (I'm not suppose to think ) that coming here dailey give me the reminder that I need and many others that "WE REFUSE TO GIVE UP!!! AND WE REFUSE TO GIVE IN!!!. Glad to see you here my friend.

Love Vic
Old 06-05-2006, 04:04 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Really needing this reminder too at the moment.

Knowing I'm not alone here helps so much, normally I wouldn't come and talk here, just do the normal belly flop with this and not worry about the consequences till it's to late.

Was outside...yeah beer drinking is going on right now..I came in the house ate something, even some raw onion...ewwwww, so the urge is less now.

So happy you started this thread ((((((Vic)))))))))

WE REFUSE TO QUIT.........YES WE.....we're not alone, need that constant reminder.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:10 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Administrator

:Wshade Hey Denise, you can get through this!

I'm so glad to see you posting and know that you'll make it through struggle tonight.

You go Girl!!
Old 06-05-2006, 04:11 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by wingsfree
Really needing this reminder too at the moment.

Knowing I'm not alone here helps so much, normally I wouldn't come and talk here, just do the normal belly flop with this and not worry about the consequences till it's to late.
Yep we sure do need that constant reminder, and we need each other when times get tough. I know it isn't the easiest thing to do but WE REFUSE TO GIVE UP!!!! and WE REFUSE TO GIVE IN!!!! OK Denise, just take breath deep in and out. Here maybe this will help you

Denise Vic

That is really progress Denise that you came here and posted, maybe it might be a good idea to hang out here for awhile also? I don't know.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:47 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

<<< won't be doing that

Thanks Anna yep all is ok, also a new tip as of tonight....eat raw onions real fast if you ever get that urge...lol.

Oh Vic thanks for the kick, lordy you kick hard, lol
Denise Vic
Remember that works both ways.
Vic Denise
Laughing here, this puts new meaning to staying sober, don't it?
Old 06-06-2006, 05:02 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by wingsfree
Laughing here, this puts new meaning to staying sober, don't it?
Yes Denise it sure does, and when I read your response it made me smile and laugh also. Sobriety isn't that bad now is it? Ok forever reminding me and all of us WE REFUSE TO GIVE UP and WE REFUSE TO GIVE IN....
Love Vic
Old 06-06-2006, 05:53 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

Hi Vic you dont know me, but thats the way to do it

good luck n try not to give in...!
Old 06-06-2006, 06:27 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by Arura
Hi Vic you dont know me, but thats the way to do it

good luck n try not to give in...!
Thanks . Nope not giving in today. NOPE I AM NOT>>>
Old 06-06-2006, 10:16 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Just another reminder for me today that
"WE REFUSE TO GIVE UP!!!! and WE REFUSE TO GIVE IN!!!!"
Old 06-06-2006, 04:00 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Just got out of a meeting and going to another meeting, and just a reminder here that "WE REFUSE TO GIVE UP!! and WE REFUSE TO GIVE IN!!! one thing that I am not giving into is my mind..
Old 06-06-2006, 04:10 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

It has been a couple of tough days for me....no cravings or that type of thing....life things.
In either case I refuse to give up and I refuse to give in.
To drugs or life problems/stress.

PS Vic...don't kick me! I fight back....but a hug would be wonderful.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:13 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

To drugs or life problems/stress.

PS Vic...don't kick me! I fight back....but a hug would be wonderful.
Very good Live that is absolutely a good idea, not giving in to life problems and stress You want a hug not problems

OK need to get going to my meeting Yesssssssssssss