Weekenders, What I’ve become after booze ~ 03-06 May 2024

Old 05-08-2024, 01:49 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Pledging for today. Day 583.
Old 05-08-2024, 02:11 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders

Had a busy morning so far and the sun has come out.

Peke, I remember when my mum died and I went back to work some people just avoided me, I imagine not knowing what to say. I felt a bit shunned but I know some people just don’t know what to say. I wasn’t upset or anything on the outside, just went about my job as usual.
Hope all goes well at the doctors. Yes you are worth it. They do a job just like many of us. The person who knows about us best is Us! If you’re feeling nervous write down what you want to say to them. Nice work on the run and climb!

Least sorry the meds made you sick. Did you have anti sickness pills to take too or can you get some.

Aly, all the best at the dentists.

So sad to hear of Barnsdall tornadoes. Amazing how resilient the people are. DD interesting to hear how you and your family grew up prepared for tornadoes. I would think having a calm and organized approach helps.

Congratulations to all Weekenders on another day sober!

Love to all xxxx

Old 05-08-2024, 05:14 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Peke, I remember when my mum died and I went back to work some people just avoided me, I imagine not knowing what to say
That’s terrible, mags. I had exactly the same. It really does mean something when someone just comes over to say sorry. Likewise it leaves a lasting impression when someone says nothing.

I’m not as nice as Peke 🙂 but I’d always say something.

Old 05-08-2024, 05:47 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Peke, absolutely, speak up for yourself with your PCP. We all deserve to be heard and treated with compassion by medical professionals. And 100 plus days! Go girl!

DD, your quip about Fords made me laugh. I saw a cute Fiat yesterday and was reminded of the old joke, Fix It Again Tony!

Least, I hope you may be feeling better.

Old 05-08-2024, 07:17 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Least, thinking of you and hope you are feeling better. Sending love and prayers.
Grateful to be sober.
Going to the dentist today. Up early. I have to get up and get moving pretty soon.
Have a wonderful day all.
Old 05-08-2024, 07:22 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by Zencat View Post
Manafactured in my backyard, a Ford Fairlane Cobra Jet is on my purchase list. FORD First On Race Day
All the other american automotive makers crafted lame products compared to Ford...LOL The ragtop GTX was cool.
That's imposing Zen.

Cobras were built in the UK too by a company called A/C (Shelby Cobras were known as A/C Cobras here) Later they even made some fancy Italian coachbuilt versions (Frua) with independent coil spring suspension that few Brits could afford. This is a convertible or spyder. The leggy actress is Canadian born Linda Thorson who drove it 1960s TV series the Avengers (nothing to do with the movie franchise)

Old 05-08-2024, 11:43 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

🤣DD
Chevrolet; Cheap, Hardly Efficient, Virtually Runs On Luck Every Time.

This is the Shelby GT 500 Mustang Fastback. Hurtz Rent A Car let these out to car renters. Take them to the racetrack and win trophies. Return them the next day.

Old 05-08-2024, 03:27 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Hey everyone.
My primary care appointment went pretty well.
I had forgotten that he’s leaving the practice. We discussed that for a while. Then I thought “okay, maybe I shouldn’t bring up the bladder issue. Might as well wait until I see the next doctor and get a new relationship established”. But then I began to cross my legs (because I had to use the rest room again). And I decided to bring it up.
We looked back at my chart. I’d tried the ditropan back in 2018. And it wasn’t the SR (extended release). So he agreed to put me on the low dose SR version. And if I can tolerate it (no fainting etc especially when I run/cycle) then I can titrate the dose and double it weekly until I get relief. We discussed the more expensive drug ($400/month). We agreed that I would explore that drug only if this one didn’t work.
Also, I hadn’t had a lipid panel done since ‘16. It was really good back then. But I got more confidence up and said that I’d like have that redone. He agreed.
So all in all a really good appointment. I did apologize a lot. I did a lot of “sorry to bother you with this”. If I’m being honest he was late seeing me because the person next door took a long time. I should’ve held back on the apologies. I’m a relatively easy patient and I had salient points to make. And I was quick, too, in and out.
So it was a win!! But less apologizing next time. And all around. 😞
Old 05-08-2024, 06:45 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Mags..
“ Peke, I remember when my mum died and I went back to work some people just avoided me, I imagine not knowing what to say. I felt a bit shunned but I know some people just don’t know what to say. I wasn’t upset or anything on the outside, just went about my job as usual.”
Aww. I’m sorry that this happened. I learned from this situation that if you feel like giving someone a hug, you most certainly should. When words fail us, often times actions are better.
Old 05-08-2024, 07:34 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  
The Dog

Originally Posted by Zencat View Post
🤣DD
Chevrolet; Cheap, Hardly Efficient, Virtually Runs On Luck Every Time.

This is the Shelby GT 500 Mustang Fastback. Hurtz Rent A Car let these out to car renters. Take them to the racetrack and win trophies. Return them the next day.
The truth is Zen I like all old cars. I like Ford, GM even old Mopars. All three had both the worst and best at times. In my garage now is a 55' Chevy 210 2 door and a 64' Ford F100. My daily driver is a 99'Chevrolet Suburban that I bought brand new. My wife drives a 2018 Malibu and it is the only vehicle that ever goes to the shop. The others I can fix anything on. I bought two of my daughters both a used Ford Ranger pickup because they have a good history of dependability and have a full frame so they won't crumple in a wreck which every new driver tends to have. My gift I call it is if I take it apart I can put it back together and it will run. Friends call me all the time to fix their cars. Fortunately I enjoy it although that doesn't mean I always work for free.
Old 05-08-2024, 08:14 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Least, I hope that you’re doing better today. Were you able to eat?
Old 05-08-2024, 08:50 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Today I took my P meds soon after taking the zofran and eating and didn't get sick. I think I took the meds too long after taking the zofran and eating. Feel better today.

Billie and I walked almost 2.5 miles today.

Old 05-08-2024, 09:02 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

That’s really good to hear least.
Old 05-08-2024, 09:22 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thank you for all your great posts Weekenders!

New thread begins

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ay-2024-a.html (Weekenders, Slippers, Sneakers & Brown Shoes - 10-13 May 2024)