Notices

Weekenders-Learning to cope, 26 - 29 January 2024

Old 01-28-2024, 07:10 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to hear Chancellor
We all have bad days - but keep the past few days as evidence that you can stay sober, even under trying circumstances

D
Old 01-28-2024, 09:07 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post

I seem to be dragging my feet nowadays. Dunno why Hope I’ll get my equilibrium levelled out soon.

[bbm] What's this about, Mags? Get it checked out, won't you, as soon as possible.
Old 01-28-2024, 09:14 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post

If I have someone else help me get in, and tell her that it's fixed now, she'll get insulted and say, I told you I would fix it!!
I think it would be wise to have someone else help, it's a thing you need and soon.

Just tell her it's no big deal and not to worry about it, if she asks.
Old 01-28-2024, 09:15 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

went to ck's for dinner when she asked me. that was REALLY STUPID of me!!!
Old 01-28-2024, 09:18 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zencat View Post
Awesome Peke, for putting in the miles and the better mood from it.

Watching the Frisco and Detroit American Rules Rugby game. Tackle football is rough stuff with some hard hits. Football is 155 years old and the fans still eat up the stuff.
Thank you Zen!! I feel so grateful that I didn’t drink last night. And that I committed to waking up early to ride.
I feel so “on top” of things, It’s amazing.
Thanks again.
Old 01-28-2024, 09:20 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Least let us know how the podiatrist goes tomorrow.
Brandy-sorry that your team lost. That’s a bummer.
Night all.
Old 01-28-2024, 09:36 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders

Chancellor congratulations on 2 months! good work.

Least, nice to have the company of people but not at the expense of your well-being love.

Peke, exercise is good for the body and soul. Well done on your 35 miles!

. I did run years ago. It was hard but the feeling afterwards was brilliant. I lost so much weight and could eat anything I liked without gaining pounds. It began to be hard on the knees though. And sadly booze became more important at the time.

Thanks Caramel, just having a few off days. A bit like the weather, up and down……. I’m taking my Mil (who has dementia) to visit her friend who is in a care home (and also has dementia). Last visit was horrible with her friend so nasty to us (I know it’s the fact she doesn’t want to be in a home and feels betrayed by everyone) I told myself I wouldn’t go again. But I’ve relented as Mil constantly mentions visiting her. So I need my armour of thick skin on today. As Gilmer and Ann used to say “I need to put my big pants on”.

Have a good day! Sober Monday mornings never tire. I went to work many Mondays hungover. Glad those days are behind me.

Love to all xxxx

Old 01-28-2024, 09:38 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Administrator

Its good of you to go Mags, especially after last time.
I hope it won't be as bad this week

D
Old 01-28-2024, 09:50 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Least, nice to have the company of people but not at the expense of your well-being love.

I guess ck is right - I DON'T listen.
Old 01-28-2024, 10:02 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks Dee

Least I don’t think it’s anything to do with listening. You do listen. You used to enjoy your visits with ck and was probably hoping it would be ‘Back to normal’ this time.

Old 01-28-2024, 10:30 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Productive, though trying day
prayers to all
Old 01-28-2024, 11:02 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Hodd…yes Zwift!! I think that I’m the only person in my bike club who doesn’t have a trainer and who doesn’t use Zwift. Goigj to look into it for sure. Our local bike store has a few trainers on sale now too
@Pekelover It takes a bit of effort/questions to set up a bike trainer. If you’re using your bike, you have to buy a cassette (the rear gears) to match your bike’s. My Zwift app is on my iPhone, which is too small to see. I have a hack where I set up a Zoom video call to my laptop, but I’m sure there’s a more sensible way. Finally, you need a table to put your laptop on at eye level. I’ve currently got a table and cardboard box for this 🤣 but I’ll buy a proper stand. Oh and then there’s the monthly Zwift fee which is only £12 here in the UK and can be cancelled anytime, e.g. summer. It all takes a lot of setting up, but it’s worth it. My triathlon club do “group rides” where the software keeps the group together regardless of speed/ability.
Old 01-28-2024, 11:23 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

No Mags, it's clear to me that I don't listen to good advice. Maybe that's why it's frustrating for ck to talk to me.
Old 01-28-2024, 11:51 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  
Magsie

I’m not great at taking advice. Especially instructions! I usually think I know best before I’m at a loss and have to read ‘how to’ instructions!.

Old 01-29-2024, 12:36 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Chancellor, congratulations on 2 months of sobriety

Sorry to hear you had a tough weekend, hopefully this week will be easier for you.
Old 01-29-2024, 03:20 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Mags1. Sending you strength to get through the MIL visit. Nice of you to take her.

for today. Day 483.
Old 01-29-2024, 03:26 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Congrats on 2 months Chancellor
Old 01-29-2024, 03:40 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Peke, that is great!! I am huge with exercising between running..which I used to do. cycling, climbing, hiking..and the higher I can get my heart rate the better. So proud of you
Least, I am so sorry this keep happening to you. It seems like a manipulative behavior which is not nice nor needed. I had asked before..not sure if he is able but can your brother help you out if you give a call? And as for listen I am sure you do, and you definitely "listen" here. It may also be just the way it is presented...I know for me Mr. A has to show me something a different way then someonelse and someone else...etc..You get the idea. And the same goes If I am showing someone something..how to do it. As you know some are visual learners, others have to do it (like me and usually several times), some can do it by verbal instructions.
Mags, Hope you are doing well
Getting nervous for my MRI and CT scans today. I hope this time that they are clear
Old 01-29-2024, 03:55 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Oh Mags! Thats so sweet of you to put up your armor and to take your mil!! She’s fortunate to have you!!
Old 01-29-2024, 03:56 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Thank you Alpine! It’s really nice of you to say that. Means a lot. I don’t want ppl to think I’m bragging. Exercise is saving my life, lol. 😂