Notices

Weekenders-Learning to cope, 26 - 29 January 2024

Old 01-27-2024, 11:47 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Robbie64 View Post
Talking of food, I've just had a spicy Inferno pizza, cheesy chips and jaalpeno wedges and a carton of chilli sauce. It's the sort of food I used to devour when I was drinking and got a taste for having some today. There must be some special ingredient in the alcohol that makes this meal taste good because it tasted quite rubbish to the sober me tonight..!

While waiting for my food, I looked at the opening hours of the takeaway. Friday and Saturday nights it's open from 4.30pm until 3.30am the next morning. I do wonder how many of their customers are sober after midnight (thankfully I was there at 6pm). Possibly none...
What exactly is spicy inferno pizza! Sounds intriguing…
Old 01-27-2024, 11:48 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Sao they’re sooooo cute! Reminds me of a smaller version of a capybara! ❤️❤️❤️
Old 01-28-2024, 12:49 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

This is the second time in the last six months or so that I've cleaned up other dogs' poop. I cleaned up the dog park, a fenced off large area with carpet grass, not real grass, but people don't pick up after their dogs there either!! I am so sick of such carelessness and irresponsibility. It takes me less that a minute to pick up Billie's poop and tie a knot in the bag to put it in the trash. Some of the piles I picked up today were obviously from a huge dog. There were even piles of poop on the courtyard sidewalks!! Yuck. Gross. These might be the same idiots who jammed a huge live Christmas tree in the trash room so that you couldn't reach the trash and recycle chutes!! (idiots is my polite term for these folks)

I guess ck must be trying to get back at me for ??? since she's not replied to my text earlier Sat about fixing my medical website so I can get in it again!! If I have someone else help me get in, and tell her that it's fixed now, she'll get insulted and say, I told you I would fix it!! I told her this a week and a half ago, when it first locked me out, and she said she fixed it while she was at work. But when I used the password she gave me, that she said she fixed, the login failed, twice, and it locked me out again!!! Told her that and she said not to do anything that she would fix it..... she didn't say when, tho....

Dust mopped the floors and did a load of laundry today. Vacuumed Friday. So the place is clean for a while.

As soon as the timer is up and my toenails are dry, I'll go to bed.
Old 01-28-2024, 01:01 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

least, are there any local by-laws (I don't know what the equivalent is for where you live, maybe local ordinances?) that make it an offence to not clean up dog mess? There is where I live, it can attract a £100 ($127) fixed-penalty fine or a prosecution through the courts. In practice, people are not likely to be prosecuted unless they are actually caught allowing their dog to foul public spaces but it does act as a deterrent.
Old 01-28-2024, 01:04 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pekelover2 View Post
What exactly is spicy inferno pizza! Sounds intriguing…
According to the menu it's pizza which "includes jalapenos, mushrooms, bolognese and onions". I've got a cold so maybe it was my taste buds but I couldn't taste much at all. It should have been spicy!
Old 01-28-2024, 01:26 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders

Least, it’s not nice that dog owners don’t clean up after their pooches. I guess it’s private property as it’s fineable on public paths.

I thought haggis was a myth.

Robbie I like spicy pizza too. Hope your cold soon passes.

Looking a bit brighter out there this morning. Not warm enough to dry laundry tho.

Have a good day. Shout out if you’re struggling.

Love to all xxxx

Old 01-28-2024, 02:58 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  
needingtochange

'tis a myth... or is it??
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_haggis
Old 01-28-2024, 03:16 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

If we're voting on haggis being a myth, I say yes.

~Signed,
Sasquatch
Old 01-28-2024, 03:19 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  
needingtochange

Steely, Peke et. al., This works for me.
https://topsecretrecipes.com/Top-Sec...at-recipe.html
Old 01-28-2024, 03:26 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

^^ I visited a friend in Naples a few years ago. This guy is one of the nicest people on Earth, but I managed to strike a nerve 🤣

Naples is the home of pizza, so we went to an authentic Naples pizza place. The pizza was massive, and by massive I mean thick. It was more like eating a loaf of bread! And blandness wasn’t the word. I rarely put salt on food, but on this occasion it was a must. I only ate half of it too. The repercussions weren’t pretty! He said I come from a country where they put pineapple on pizzas (I quite like it, but I kept quiet!) and chicken! He missed the baked beans, but he’d made his point.

I like pizza as much as the next person. I guess I’m just not a connoisseur.

(And yes, we are still friends, just. I went to Rome recently and thought the food was way better, but I didn’t tell him that!)
Old 01-28-2024, 03:30 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Back at you Zencat. Congratulations on 516 days. Thanks for all your efforts and support to all here.

Pledging for today. Day 482.
Old 01-28-2024, 03:56 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Well, my mind was made up after watching this documentary.

Old 01-28-2024, 04:16 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  
needingtochange

Ahh yes, Pizza. One of the many regional food debates (BBQ, Chili, Sauce vs. Gravy, etc. Oh yeah and bagels!) here in the states. Since I grew up in NYC, that's my reference pie. Like many of my fellow NY'ers, pizza had it's list of "acceptable" toppings. Outside of these things it was sacrilege. I was "forced" to try a "Hawaiian" pizza (pineapple and ham) and it I liked it. I tried deep dish in Chicago (meh...).
Old 01-28-2024, 04:21 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

I enjoy thin crust pizza with pepperoni and jalapenos.. yummm
Old 01-28-2024, 04:23 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Naples did also have deep fried pizza (quite nice) and calzone 👍

In Europe (and perhaps elsewhere), there’s a supermarket pizza brand called Dr Oetger. They do a tuna pizza which is great, but I’ve noticed it’s only available in mainland Europe. I actually sent them a message asking why. They didn’t give a reason, but they did confirm that their tuna pizza isn’t sold in U.K. ☹️

and on my recent Rome trip, my partner did ask if they served pizza with pineapple. The waiter wasn’t impressed 🤣
Old 01-28-2024, 06:10 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Hi vman, I use t play squash in my younger years. I wonder if my racket and glasses are still around... I grab them and fly over for a game, tho I'll probably not make it 5 minutes in the game!

I'd call myself an IT Generalist. Little bit of this, little bit of that.

I took business programming in collage and decided I didn't want to do that. So I started my career as a mainframe operator. A crew of seven ran that thing 24/7. The company moved to a Digital VAX VMS system (And later Alpha) where I took the opportunity to write the lights out system. I ended up writing myself out of shiftwork to a day job on helpdesk. I continued to grow from there managing the servers and related hardware (Young people and their hypervisors will never know the pain of a 24 hour shift resurrecting a crippled system) and later expanded into network management. I somehow found myself appointed to the global infrastructure team about 8 years ago. Loads of challenges, especially for an old IT guy like me, but i still enjoy my work (most days).
Old 01-28-2024, 06:23 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Robbie64 View Post
According to the menu it's pizza which "includes jalapenos, mushrooms, bolognese and onions". I've got a cold so maybe it was my taste buds but I couldn't taste much at all. It should have been spicy!
Wow …that should have been intense!!
We have no interesting pizza options here
Old 01-28-2024, 06:25 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by needingtochange View Post
Ahh yes, Pizza. One of the many regional food debates (BBQ, Chili, Sauce vs. Gravy, etc. Oh yeah and bagels!) here in the states. Since I grew up in NYC, that's my reference pie. Like many of my fellow NY'ers, pizza had it's list of "acceptable" toppings. Outside of these things it was sacrilege. I was "forced" to try a "Hawaiian" pizza (pineapple and ham) and it I liked it. I tried deep dish in Chicago (meh...).
But no matter what’s on top of it, NY pizza rocks!
I live in the Pacific Northwest. They cannot do pizza!! 😞
Old 01-28-2024, 06:26 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Least I’m sorry about your not being able to log into the website!! Can you call their tech support if CK can’t help out?
Old 01-28-2024, 06:26 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Morning all!
I couldn’t sleep last night that well. Leaving to cycle now.