Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

BAH HUMBUG! ‘‘Tis the season of - Weekenders 01 - 04 December 2023

Notices

BAH HUMBUG! ‘‘Tis the season of - Weekenders 01 - 04 December 2023

Old 12-01-2023, 01:37 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Thanks Kaily! I passed the 3 month mark today so am feeling both good about that and worried that this is where the hard work really starts. I was at the exact same milestone this time last year (I stopped drinking on the same date in 2022) and cracked a week before Christmas. Was it a couple of week ago where the thread was about FOMO - this is the time of year when that is at it's strongest for me.
Old 12-01-2023, 03:51 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

This is the last weekend that I can workout. My surgery is Tuesday. I’ll cycle tomorrow and run Sunday/Monday.
Feeling sad.
Made my husband a meatloaf.
High to everyone.
Old 12-01-2023, 04:32 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 7 Years CK!
You've been a big help along my journey.
Thank You
Old 12-01-2023, 07:05 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I’m in..thank you Mags!
Old 12-01-2023, 07:48 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

That was a great opening for December weekend #1. Thank you Mags! It'll be my first sober weekend in a while.
Old 12-01-2023, 08:14 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
The Dog

Working this weekend but it sure is a lot easier sober.
Old 12-01-2023, 08:18 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders

Good to see you Chancellor. . Let’s get your first weekend ‘in a while’ on the sober road!

I don’t like the commercial side of Christmas either. Love the lights and trees and seeing friends and relatives but somehow we get caught up in all the other stuff too.

It’s -3° C (26.6 F) Forecast is in the minus temperatures all day. Thank goodness for home deliveries.

Have a good sober Saturday…shout out if you’re struggling.

Love to all xxxx

Old 12-01-2023, 08:32 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Oooh! Thats cold, Mags!! Yikes.
It’s 32 F here and pouring. Very cozy.
You’ve got this Robbie!
Old 12-01-2023, 08:38 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hi City and Alpine!
Selecting the marshmallows out of Lucky Charms and feeling cozy in bed. Husband leaves for work soon.
Pekes fed and walked.
Excited for my ride tomorrow. Playing the rain isn’t intense.
Old 12-01-2023, 10:10 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I’m thinking of eating some pineapple. Not sure why I’m letting you know this lol.
Husbands car stalled yesterday. I’ll be close to the phone as he leaves for work. Another good reason not to be drinking. I can’t drive and get him if I’m intoxicated.
Sending everyone strength tonight.
Old 12-01-2023, 11:56 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Morning Mags! Morning Weekenders!

Looking forward to another sober one here. I'm attending a Christmas concert this evening which I'm very much looking forward to. I have to say I do enjoy the festive season. When I was in the clutches of alcohol it was difficult to manage but now it's a breeze.

Congrats Canadian Koala and others reaching milestones. It keeps getting better!

All the best. Forwards.
Old 12-01-2023, 11:59 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

hello's to all
Old 12-02-2023, 01:42 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Good Morning Weekenders

It's another bitterly cold day. It was -6C (21F) outside at 7am. It's now warmed up to -5C and as Mags has posted, it's going to stay below freezing all day. I'm going to the shop for a newspaper and then will come straighht back home. It's too cold (and icy in places) to be walking outside. Ever the optimistb though I've got some washing in the machine which I'll be hanging outside for an hour or two. No doubt they'll be frozen by lunchtime! And I'm watching the skiiing from Sweden on one of the sports channels...

Pekelover, I love pineapple!

Tae care everyone.
Old 12-02-2023, 02:50 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Not into the holiday season this year yet but need to put out lights today. Been procrastinating big time and finding every excuse not to. Going to get it done today.

Pledging for today. Day 425.
Old 12-02-2023, 03:46 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Peke, best of luck to you on the 5th, you will be back at the gym an on your bike before you know it

Not much going on in my corner of the world..I think I did over do it because I am getting some energy back slowly..and I mean slowly..lol.It is not like me to not be active.
Old 12-02-2023, 04:12 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Thanks Mags, in for this weekend.
Old 12-02-2023, 04:27 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

-3c in my part of the hundred acre wood is nearly shorts weather! In fact, in the last two days, I saw two different people walking outside in shorts. (They could've just finished a run I suppose).

I've been anxiously awaiting a package, I've been tracking it closely from Nanchang to Shenzhen to Osaka to Anchorage to Louisville. Now I'm in suspense, Will it be on the next flight to North Dakoda or a truck to Indiana?
Old 12-02-2023, 06:29 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by STDragon View Post
-3c in my part of the hundred acre wood is nearly shorts weather! In fact, in the last two days, I saw two different people walking outside in shorts. (They could've just finished a run I suppose).

I've been anxiously awaiting a package, I've been tracking it closely from Nanchang to Shenzhen to Osaka to Anchorage to Louisville. Now I'm in suspense, Will it be on the next flight to North Dakoda or a truck to Indiana?
Last month I ordered a table lamp as a Christmas present from Amazon from a company based in China. It was fascinating to follow the tracking to watch my lamp completing what seemed to be a world tour. It went to a couple of places in mainland China, to Hong Kong before then being flown to Belgium where it was stuck for a few days. It then went on to the London area (probably Gatwick Airport on the outskirts of London) before being handed to what is probably the worst parcel delivery company in the UK (I'm naming no names but everyone in the UK has heard of them, they are that bad). At this point I expected it to vanish into thin air but it did arrive at my door a couple of days later. A journey of many thousands of miles for something that cost less than £20 (US $25).
Old 12-02-2023, 07:15 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Morning all

Hi Alpine and Robbie!
Husband‘s car stalled three times on the way to work. Is terrified. She’s driving home. This is after they spent five hours working on it the day before yesterday. Anyway I slept well. The wind is intense today and there is some rain so they should make for an interesting ride! I hope that everyone is doing well. Feeling very anxious as always. Nobody likes it when a car in the family is not working and we don’t need this right now before my surgery. Plus, of course the wills are still not finished due to my lackadaisical lawyer, dragging his feet. Seems you just give your money upfront and then everything else is at their mercy
My new hairdresser turned my hair, partially orange, so I get that fixed this afternoon. It will all work out.
Bbrrr Robbie! It’s cold there!!
Old 12-02-2023, 07:25 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

In for the weekend too! Thanks Mags! I hope you and Mr. Mags are doing well. 💗
I woke up so early today. Mom came home yesterday afternoon. So glad my sis and BIL picked her up and took her out to lunch. She probably needed that after over a month in a rehab facility.
The repairman fixed the fuse box in like 30 seconds and didn't bill me. I may get a bill but it was so easy, he was nice.
Getting groceries delivered this morning between 8-9, kind of early. Then I have to go to the library for my mom. She has no books. I still have this stomach bug or whatever it is. I don't mind doing these things, it's just hard when you don't feel well.
Happy Sober Saturday. Love and peace to all the wonderful people here.