Old 12-02-2023, 06:29 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Robbie64

Originally Posted by STDragon View Post
-3c in my part of the hundred acre wood is nearly shorts weather! In fact, in the last two days, I saw two different people walking outside in shorts. (They could've just finished a run I suppose).

I've been anxiously awaiting a package, I've been tracking it closely from Nanchang to Shenzhen to Osaka to Anchorage to Louisville. Now I'm in suspense, Will it be on the next flight to North Dakoda or a truck to Indiana?
Last month I ordered a table lamp as a Christmas present from Amazon from a company based in China. It was fascinating to follow the tracking to watch my lamp completing what seemed to be a world tour. It went to a couple of places in mainland China, to Hong Kong before then being flown to Belgium where it was stuck for a few days. It then went on to the London area (probably Gatwick Airport on the outskirts of London) before being handed to what is probably the worst parcel delivery company in the UK (I'm naming no names but everyone in the UK has heard of them, they are that bad). At this point I expected it to vanish into thin air but it did arrive at my door a couple of days later. A journey of many thousands of miles for something that cost less than £20 (US $25).