Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

BAH HUMBUG! ‘‘Tis the season of - Weekenders 01 - 04 December 2023

Notices

BAH HUMBUG! ‘‘Tis the season of - Weekenders 01 - 04 December 2023

Old 12-05-2023, 08:21 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Well done, MLD.
Old 12-05-2023, 10:07 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Lol Dragon, glad your package made it to Winnepeg

Sending positive vibes to you and Roxy PJ

Good luck Peke!

Many congratulations on 9 years Marty, you are living proof that you can make it permanent

Old 12-05-2023, 02:04 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Congratulations MLD on your nine years. Sorry to hear you've been a bit despondent looking back - I guess we all get that sometimes. Nine years is a huge achievement though so keep that thought in mind.

All the best, Forwards.
Old 12-05-2023, 03:18 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Happy Soberversary MLD!
Old 12-05-2023, 03:19 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 9 years of sobriety MLD
Old 12-05-2023, 05:18 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  
Administrator

MLD, congratulations on 9 years of recovery.

Peke, I'm thinking of you and hope you are doing well and resting.
Old 12-05-2023, 06:21 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Omg thank you Anna! I promise, this will be the LAST post about my surgery, lol

Hi everyone-
Surgery was this morning. It was long but I feel better than I ever have after one of these! Pathology will come back next week. And I walked around the ward unassisted three times. My surgeon says that I’m “remarkable”. I’m not trying to brag or anything honestly. But all the working out that I do (to stay sober) has paid off. I can even void on my own! I had no trouble walking. I can’t get over this! I’ll be home tomorrow.

I can’t thank you all enough for your kindness and support.

Okay no more “about me” stuff. I’m grateful to all of you.
Old 12-05-2023, 06:27 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

So glad to hear this good news, Peke. Sleep well tonight.
Old 12-05-2023, 07:09 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Good news Peke

Congrats MLD

In other news
Meet Simon The Navy Cat.

To this day, Simon is the only cat in history to have received the esteemed Dickin Medal.

The animal equivalent of the Victoria Cross, the honour was founded 80 years ago, with formidable feline Simon posthumously awarded it six years later.

Simon joined the crew of Plymouth's HMS Amethyst when it was in Hong Kong in 1948 during the Chinese Civil War.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/ce4pepl7rw2o
Old 12-05-2023, 08:06 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Peke, glad your surgery went well.

Marty, huge congrats on your 9 yr soberversary!!

Aly, I am loving the weather here in the Bay Area. I'll be able to walk Billie all year round, due to the moderate temps in the 'winter' here. That makes me very very happy cause winter in Ohio meant days at a time when the weather was not conducive to dog walking. Now that I am physically able to walk her again like I used to do, every day, we can walk anytime we like, and if it's chilly, I still have her winter coat.

Saw the neurologist last week and told him of the Sinemet med for the Parkinson's making me very sick, throwing up several times. He prescribed another med for the same thing, only it was only half the content of the Sinemet, and was supposed to quell the nausea/sickness. I took it for the first time this evening, along with the Sinemet and my other meds, and a half hour later threw up all the meds I had just taken. I am going to message him about getting sick with this new med and ask what can be done to keep me from vomiting every time I take these two meds...

After being awake all Sunday night due to the awful itching, I slept well, and for a long time, last night. Went to bed at 1 am today and didn't get up until almost 5 pm. I had gotten up twice during my long sleep to let Billie out on the porch potty, but went right back to sleep. Felt rested, finally, when I got up.

With all the medical problems I've been having for the last 2 yrs, I am so very grateful to be sober. If I were drinking I'd be in much worse shape. Grateful beyond expression to be sober. . And on the 8th, this Friday, I will celebrate my 14th soberversary. And the members here are a huge reason I've made it this far. Such support, comfort, and encouragement has been the lion's share of the reason for my success. I am so glad I found SR when I was in such bad shape. I was made to feel welcome. SR members are the best!!
Old 12-05-2023, 10:10 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders

Marty congratulations on 9 years.

Peke, great news on your surgery! I’m so pleased for you!

Least pleased you had a good sleep. It’s hard enough having health problems and makes it worse if you can’t sleep.

Robbie, it was nice to see the snow while it lasted. I’m sure we’ll get more.

PJ, so glad you and Roxy found each other. You’re so good with her and she appreciates all the love you give her.
Not been too good myself lately. Back on the prescribed rescue meds. I’m getting there! A step at a time. just gotta be patient.

Congratulations to all Weekenders for another day sober!

Love to all xxxx

Old 12-06-2023, 01:18 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Peke, great news that the surgery went well.

least, hope you feel better today , Mags I hope you feel better today too

Take care everyone.
Old 12-06-2023, 02:19 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Peke glad to hear surgery went well and you are feeling good.

Pledging for today. Day 429.
Old 12-06-2023, 02:40 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Peke, so happy the surgery went well and that you are up and moving around.
Least, I am confused..you mentioned the new med had half the amount of the Sinemet and was able to help with the nausea..were you supposed to take both the orgianal Sinemet too? Seems to me then you would be increasing the amount of it in your system. I may have misread your post. Or just not understanding. I just want you to feel better
So glad to be sober here too, like all of you, I would not be where I am today without being sober..after the 3 surgeries, the radiation therapy, chemo,...etc I would have been an absolute wreck if I had been drinking. Thanks for all the support here on SR.
Old 12-06-2023, 03:33 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Happy Hump day!

Peke, glad to hear your recovering well.

MLD congrats 9 years!

Temperature is forecasted to reach +4C today! I may have to dig out some shorts and suntan lotion!

They were saying on the radio yesterday that we are headed for a brown Xmas. The last one was in 1997. Which surprised me, that was also the year my son was born during a freak snow storm, followed by the flood of the century.
Old 12-06-2023, 06:10 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Glad to hear the surgery went so well, Peke!

Thanks for the congratulations, everyone. I am truly grateful for my sobriety, and SR was a big part of getting me here. Thank you to all of you, from the bottom of my heart. My despondency has as much to do with my job and some other things going on with my kids as it does looking back on the bad old days. I laid awake for a good chunk of time in the middle of the night last night, replaying some cringe-worthy things that happened while I was drinking, and I woke up truly in a very bad mood this morning. Almost called in sick, but students need me here at work. I might go home early, though. Exhausted and mentally not really OK.
Old 12-06-2023, 10:29 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  
saoutchik

That's great news about your surgery Pekelover, i'm sure being in such good shape will help post-op

Sorry you're not feeling great MLD, hopefully the Xmas break will give you a recharge.

Sending positive vibes Least, I hope you feel better today.

Frankie Beverly's (Maze) birthday today, i'll post Joy and Pain in tomorrow's thread.
Old 12-06-2023, 05:50 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone.
I hope that all of you are doing well.
It’s very rainy here in the Washington state. Reading “Hour of the Witch” for bookclub. It’s well-written but I sure wish they’d picked something more upbeat.
(Although I picked a book about the holocaust the other month)l
Doggies are on the bed. Well just one now. And I’m eating popcorn. Just made husband a meatloaf. I have to rest more.
Old 12-06-2023, 06:32 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Alpine, yes, I'm supposed to take both of them. Doctor said that the new one, the carbodopa, is meant to quell the nausea, but last night it didn't help. Took them today, separately from my other meds, with zofran, and didn't get the sick feeling.

Will take them for the second time today in a couple hours and see if they make me sick...
Old 12-06-2023, 07:49 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  
Magsie

Least it gets confusing knowing what meds can be taken with other meds. The box they come in isn’t that helpful just how many and when to take them and the leaflet inside must be a size 2 font it’s so small. though I take a pic of it so I can enlarge the print which is helpful.
But I digress, is it worth taking a note of the meds you take, when you took them and any side effects, in a diary perhaps. Writing it down you may see a common denominator of when you’re feeling sick? Though I know you’re on the ball and may already be writing it all down.