Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

BAH HUMBUG! ‘‘Tis the season of - Weekenders 01 - 04 December 2023

Notices

BAH HUMBUG! ‘‘Tis the season of - Weekenders 01 - 04 December 2023

Old 12-03-2023, 07:11 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Good Afternoon Weekenders!

It's another cold day here today although the temperature has risen to a balmy 0C / 32F as the bad weather has switched from the east coast of England to the west coast. Other than being cold this morning it was a lovely day to go for a walk through the local park. Usually on a Sunday morning the park has a large number of dogwalkers in the park as they and their canine friends usually meet up at a dog friendly cafe near the park for a cup of tea and a chat followed by a dog walk. Today there was hardly anyone around. One woman was carrying her dog! It musn't have liked the feel of the snow. I took my camera with me so took a few pictures. I'm always self-concious about taking pictures on my camera in public but it was too "lovely wintry scenes" looking not to do so...

Old 12-03-2023, 09:02 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

FF - Thinking about you. I hope you are in a good place and getting the help you need.

Not much going on here, taking a long walk and then watching football. Weekends are always difficult for me, I think because I get out of my routine,
Old 12-03-2023, 09:46 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Don't apologize for posting, Peke!

The more posts the better.
Old 12-03-2023, 10:34 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Nice pic Robbie although I don't envy you the snow. I post pics on the BBC weather watchers and very occasionally they get picked and shown on the tv weather forecast.

Peke I hope your op all goes well, hope it is nothing too serious (not sure if you have said sorry if I missed it or private) and recovery is quick.

My life needs a major overhaul but where does one start
Old 12-03-2023, 12:23 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  
saoutchik

That's pretty Robbie, nothing like that here in the Smoke, flurries of sleet but mostly cold rain.

I'm glad your ankle turned out to be OK Mags, puppies can be under your feet in the blink of an eye.

Sending positive vibes your way PhoenixJ.

Good luck with the surgery Peke.

Don't eat the yellow snow.
Old 12-03-2023, 12:40 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
That's pretty Robbie, nothing like that here in the Smoke, flurries of sleet but mostly cold rain.
During my time in London I can't recall it snowing that much or for very long. It would get very cold and sometimes rainy / sleet but snow events were few and far between. The one that stands out for me is January 1987 as that was probably the worst it got during the decade or so I was there. Very cold most of the month and then a spell around mid month where it snowed very heavily. As can be expected, the whole of London ground to a halt (what should have been a 45 minute journey to work took over 3 hours one morning - when I got to work the office was closed due to the heating having failed and it was straight back home). I'd moved back to the north east by the mid 90s so missed out on anything after that.
Old 12-03-2023, 02:20 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Mag's doggy dodgery abrocats! I had my share with Ry cat, glad you are good to go.

Dragon, "no, I'll damage my talents" "no, I want to be free" " no, it's a sad song about ruining my life" Artist turn pain into inspiration all the time. Glad you stood your ground.
Are you getting China electronics? The Chinese are excellent electrons makers at bargain prices.
Music mix dub track record gear?

Robbie, global trade is fascinating beyond package tracking, tho package tracking is fun . Fantastic items from around the world showcase world sales competition. Innovation is in high gear with hungry consumers waiting.

Originally Posted by Mesa
No Humbuggery here, cuz Lights. My favorite part of Xmas. Thanks, Mags...
Me too, I have boinkers love for the lights. There is an xmas lane near me. Many of 1930's homes along the street are decked out in light and xmas stuff. One house has a lifesize nativity with camel, another all lollipop decor. Place looks like a candy store...love it all.

Sao, good luck with putting up the xmas gear.

PJ sorry you have a nasty self-critic. I used to have one too, not anymore. Keep working at it will go away.

Alpine happy your leg is holding out. I know you like to be active.

Hi Peke. Apologizing when you do not need to is a (common) symptom that will go away with more self-worth work. I see you working hard, outstanding effort! You are highly more valued than you know/believe.

Hi Chancellor, Bimi, SL,

Brandy hope you sort out the weekends, What do you like?

Kaiy, start small with the overall then go big.

Nice 65F weather, ball games, kitty, sober, feeling silly in a practical way. Life is good.
Old 12-03-2023, 04:10 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Best of success with your surgery, Peke.
Old 12-03-2023, 04:34 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Slept quite late today but at least no headache when I woke up. Already took Billie for a walk and will take her for another walk when I go to the store later. Got ambitious and changed the kitty litter today. Nice clean box, no stink. Dust mopped the floors. No other chores to do today but maybe will wash a small load of laundry.

Peke, good luck with your surgery.

PJ, you are NOT stupid or lazy at all, stop telling yourself those lies.
Old 12-03-2023, 11:00 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders

Peke, will be thinking of you. All the best. Alfie loved the snow. He ran crazily around in it. Very funny to see.

Zencat, love these words! Mag's doggy dodgery abrocats! I had my share with Ry cat, glad you are good to go. Lol.

Robbie, fantastic pic. It looked beautiful with the snow everywhere. This morning it’s raining here and washing it away.

Kaily, I was thinking of you when I was walking through the hallway in the dark. You said once about walking ‘pigeon toed’ so to be safe walking. I always follow those words when I can’t see where I’m going.
Be prepared. Maybe start with the first small ‘pigeon toed’ step’ on your major overhaul. Break it down into ‘bite size’ manageable pieces. Major and overhaul sound quite a big task.

Congratulations to all Weekenders. Another Sober Weekend was had!

Love to all xxxx

Old 12-03-2023, 11:31 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Mags I hope you are feeling a bit better today. I don't remember ever saying I walked pigeon toed, I think I would fall over so please don't follow that advice walking in your hall Maybe I said pigeon steps

Old 12-04-2023, 12:35 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Magsie

Lol. Sorry Kaily. You did say pigeon steps! Thought it didn’t sound right when I wrote it. Love the pic!

Old 12-04-2023, 12:48 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
Lol. Sorry Kaily. You did say pigeon steps! Thought it didn’t sound right when I wrote it. Love the pic!
Old 12-04-2023, 01:06 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

getting warmerer
prayers kaily- small steps each day
Old 12-04-2023, 02:42 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Pledging for today. Day 427.
Old 12-04-2023, 03:41 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Bah Humbug Monday.

Had a filling fallout, for the second time, dentist appointment this afternoon. Re-filling will mean half-a-face freezing, which will make me miserable. I hate freezing's.

Package went to Buffalo and is now in Mississauga. I ordered a shiny new lenovo 2-in1. Should be here tomorrow.
Old 12-04-2023, 06:27 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Hi Runner
I too commit to another sober day. I year 3 months free from AOD

Sun about to pop up here in The Nard. Near time to get my go on today.

Be safe with those pigeon toes Mags, Must be impossible to get good fitting shoes with toes like that.
Old 12-04-2023, 06:30 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Went to bed last night tired, but could not fall asleep cause the itching started up and I could not relax enough to fall asleep. So I've been up all night, surfing the net and doing little chores.

Home health nurse comes this morning to change the dressing. And early this afternoon I see my doctor. I hope the weather stays nice so I can take Billie for a walk or two today.
Old 12-04-2023, 09:17 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by Robbie64 View Post
Very cold most of the month and then a spell around mid month where it snowed very heavily. As can be expected, the whole of London ground to a halt (what should have been a 45 minute journey to work took over 3 hours one morning - when I got to work the office was closed due to the heating having failed
Yeah, London is embarrassingly poor at coping with even quite small amounts of snow. It's shameful.

Super busy today, my voice is tired from too much talking and I have more things to do when I get home . I need to win the Lottery.
Old 12-04-2023, 12:03 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Glad for a lovely day here today! One of the reasons I left Chicago. A wonderful city with so many cultural events, museums, etc. but the weather is just ghastly for a majority of the year.
Have a lovely and sober day. Glad for my sober weekend and sober week coming up.