D
Old 05-13-2023, 08:01 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I have been rather unwell of late.
Back posting
Old 05-13-2023, 09:13 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry to hear that PJ - how are you going now?

D
Old 05-13-2023, 09:37 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders

PJ. Sorry to hear you’re unwell. Are you feeling any better love.

Robbie, glad I’m not alone in deciding where pictures go. Maybe if you take it out the bag and lean it up somewhere you might get inspiration of where to hang it. Mind you, then there’s the hanging of it.

Thinking of Alpine after her surgery Friday. Sending much love.

Old 05-13-2023, 11:47 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

End of Day 545 - Ran a 5k in 32 minutes. Happy Mothers day to all the wonderful mothers out here! Good night from sultry Seattle.
Old 05-14-2023, 12:44 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Good Morning Weekenders!

It's another sober Sunday morning. This reminds me why I'm glad I'm sober. Sunday mornings were often a nightmare and were often spent lying in bed until lunchtime because i was so hungover. I don't miss those days at all.

PJ, I hope you feel better soon.

Mags, I'll get the pictures hung up one day!

I hope everyone has a peaceful Sunday.
Old 05-14-2023, 01:00 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good night calmself, congratulations on 545 days.

Robbie, can’t agree more. I was often hung over on Sunday mornings. Don’t miss them at all.

Old 05-14-2023, 01:53 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Pledging for today. Day 224 (32 weeks).

Thinking of my mother who passed in 2017 and sister in 2020. Wish they were still here.
Old 05-14-2023, 04:12 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Happy Sober Sunday dear Weekenders,

Thanks Dee / Mags for the thread. I've had a pleasant weekend in the countryside exploring and wandering the lanes. There's so much to see in terms of flora and fauna at this time of year. It really is beautiful. No thoughts of drinking to haunt me, just nature at its best. Today I'm going to get a little work done then walk by the sea. It's true, sobriety offers everything alcohol falsely promised.

Congrats to Reid on your 4 years and Robbie on your 4 months. It keeps getting better! Thoughts to Alpine and PJ.

Warm wises to all. Forwards.
Old 05-14-2023, 04:14 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Morning Weekenders
Thankyou Saouchick if I can stop drinking for 4 months then anyone can!
4 months without alcohol is the longest I've gone for my whole adult life and I turned 48 in April!
The lovely peeps on SR have helped me so much along the way

Haha Robbie your pictures definitely have an anniversary coming up!
I moved 3 years ago and still have pretty naked walls - I'm using the excuse that I don't have a drill or the skill to put them up.
I have pictures etc dotted around my flat leaning against walls and a bag of gallery frames still in the bag that make me feel guilty every time I pass them - so you're not alone.

It's a beautiful day here today but I have a massive case of can't be arsed and am enjoying drinking coffee and staring at my computer at the moment.
I will force myself up shortly and take a walk maybe.
I hope everyone has a lovely Sunday x

Old 05-14-2023, 04:19 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Hey PJ, what kind of unwell? sending healing vibes.

I've not been so good myself lately, feeling sad most of the time. teary moments, productivity at work is thru the floor. Nothing around my own house is getting done. I'm physically drained. Yesterday the plan was to spend the day with Mrs D outside, doing some yard work and such then pickup dinner from a new place that recently opened. I wanted to take my mind off everything and decompress. But life didn't agree with that plan and I was called away by an emergency at work. By the time I got out, fed dad's cats and got home, everyone had eaten without me and my take out was cold. I had a break down.

We haven't see our therapist since before dad passed and our next appointment is not for two weeks. I'm beginning to feel that I need stress leave and grief counseling.
Old 05-14-2023, 05:31 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

((((Dragon))) ❤️
Old 05-14-2023, 06:53 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I have found the first weekends very, very hard as I'm early in but this weekend, I feel different.

Went on a very long run yesterday and came home, made a nutritious lunch. Sorted paperwork, weeded the garden, got a haircut, made overdue calls, cooked up a delicious dinner. Lots of tea, then cocoa, with a film before an early night and 8 hours of blissful sleep.

Today, I drove in the afternoon today. This was utterly unheard on Sundays when drinking (I'd have downed at least a bottle by noon). And it felt so good, with my music on, warm sun, lush green fields, and a sunny garden to come back to tend to.

I feel grateful for my sobriety so far, I'm still very emotional about it all, but no way complacent.

One hour at a time...

Hope everyone is having a good weekend too,

Eggcup
Old 05-14-2023, 07:01 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee buddy

Pj, sorry you haven’t been well.

let me know if there’s anything I can do ( drop off medicine etc …. Hugs xx

Hope you are feeling better after your surgery Alpine

xx
Old 05-14-2023, 11:25 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by STDragon View Post
Hey PJ, what kind of unwell? sending healing vibes.

I've not been so good myself lately, feeling sad most of the time. teary moments, productivity at work is thru the floor. Nothing around my own house is getting done. I'm physically drained. Yesterday the plan was to spend the day with Mrs D outside, doing some yard work and such then pickup dinner from a new place that recently opened. I wanted to take my mind off everything and decompress. But life didn't agree with that plan and I was called away by an emergency at work. By the time I got out, fed dad's cats and got home, everyone had eaten without me and my take out was cold. I had a break down.

We haven't see our therapist since before dad passed and our next appointment is not for two weeks. I'm beginning to feel that I need stress leave and grief counseling.
I'm so sorry you are feeling so bad, you sound like you are at the end of your tether and suffering from depression. I think you should talk to your doctor before things get any worse, it is a horrible place to be. I agree grief counselling would be good too. Take whatever support you can get. Wishing you well Dragon.
Old 05-14-2023, 12:12 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Magsie

Dragon, is it possible to have some time off work, to grieve and be with your family at this such difficult, heart wrenching time for you all. Take care.

eggcup, pleased your weekend is going well. When I got sober I loved that I could drive at any time I wanted or needed too. Freedom from the crutch.
Old 05-14-2023, 12:44 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good to "see" you Kaily.

PJ Sending positive vibes your way, you too Dragon, you too Alpine

Read about the actor Simon Pegg today, one of us, he quit in 2010 I think (the article was non specific about the actual date) Linked to depression - he had a difficult upbringing. Well done him though.
Old 05-14-2023, 12:50 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

(((Dragon)))
Old 05-14-2023, 01:01 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Wrong thread sorry! Hope all are well
Old 05-14-2023, 03:50 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry its all a bit much right now STDragon - counselling sounds like a good idea.
I'm sorry for your losses too RunnerF.

D