# 121 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to hear PJ
congrats again on 9 months Alpine

D
Old 02-13-2023, 08:56 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Want to go to sleep but itching too much.
Old 02-13-2023, 09:41 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders

I was watching a police drama on tv and they mentioned the usual Friday night carnage in town centre. I know many problems in real life are alcohol induced.

When I drank I had a nice side and aggressive (argumentative) side. Maybe it’s there even when I’m sober but I don’t ‘feed’ the aggressive side with booze.

My mum used to say my dad was like Jeckyll and Hyde ‘and turned’ when he had booze.

Initially I used booze to free me from everything that hurt and worried and and even frightened me. It was a great release which I’m sure many of you understand and maybe experienced too.

I didn’t realise how much I would come to depend on it to live, whilst it was doing the opposite and destroying me.

So pleased I stopped when I did before it really destroyed me.

I’ll get off my soapbox now.

If you’re reading this and recognise how alcohol has took hold of you and want to be out of its clutches, please stay around. The likeminded people here at SR (SoberRecovery) helped me on the Recovery Road. We can help you too.

It is well worth the journey. Life saving for me.

Love to all Weekenders xxxx

Old 02-14-2023, 12:51 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I used wine to get numb. I didn't want to feel anything, just be numb. So glad that's in the past now and I don't do that anymore.

Tried to get to sleep several times but itching too much to sleep. I took my meds and will try getting some sleep in a while.
Old 02-14-2023, 01:26 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 9 months Alpine

I'm 1 month sober today. There's a lot that's happened during that month but the main thing is I'm sober and am moving forward with my life.

Take care everyone.
Old 02-14-2023, 01:28 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  
Magsie

Nice one Robbie!
Old 02-14-2023, 01:47 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Proud of each share here- from all. Each share is like another brick of our recovery wall.

Cliche perhaps, but it is true ne'ertheless.
Daily support is needed, for me. Sobriety is a daily process- and one cannot save up days, recovery is here, is now..
Old 02-14-2023, 02:01 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  
Magsie

The precious present PJ.
Old 02-14-2023, 02:06 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Congrats Robbie!

Happy “However you celebrate Valentines Day” everyone! I like to celebrate by simply being glad I don’t have to participate….maybe treat myself to takeout dinner tonight, ‘cause it’s all about me!

Old 02-14-2023, 02:19 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Magsie

The precious present PJ.
Old 02-14-2023, 04:10 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

I am celebrating Valintine's Day with Riley pup.
Doing well with not drinking and no desire at all really. Drinking was my go to when I was upset or stressed all of which I am righ now..Well, I am not upset, just stressed but I know drinking would only escalate those feelings. Plus the thought of it actually makes me nauseous.

][/url]
Old 02-14-2023, 04:28 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Happy valentine day. Pledging for today. Day 135.
Old 02-14-2023, 04:44 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

I loved those two guys as a kid. These guys also contributed to a generation of sarcastics.

Old 02-14-2023, 05:26 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Sarcasam is my second language
Old 02-14-2023, 05:47 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Get that take-out dinner and maybe watch a sunset, purps - that combo is one of my favorite things to do.

One month sober, Robbie - well done, you.

Sarcasm, love it (at least most of the time).

, dear friends.
Old 02-14-2023, 06:21 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Some say sarcasm is my best and sometimes only quality.
Old 02-14-2023, 06:33 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Much love to everyone here. ❤️ I keep punting away sad thoughts. I'm determined not to let this day drag me down.
Old 02-14-2023, 01:07 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Happy Valentines Day all.

I'm spending the evening quietly at home listening to church bells ringing out down the street. It's a welcome reminder that I'm not alone.

Warm wishes to all weekenders. Forwards.

Old 02-14-2023, 02:25 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Congrats Robbie and Alpine on your milestones! Today is 6 weeks for me It's been a tough 6 weeks but man when I step back and take inventory, life is so much better today than it was 6 weeks ago. Definitely worth the fight.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 02-14-2023, 06:57 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Just under the ton outside. Brown snakes- aggressive , the most highly venemous snake Australia is lucky to have. Even rthe babies.can kill' Adelaide has lots of 'luinear parks..- the land/paths that follow rivers and creeks in Adelaide. Natural places for overly friendly snakes...that get most angry when it's mating season.. In sururbs- they are being found in boots left outside (whick also are perfect home for red-back spiders (also venemous). They get into drains, car engine and wheel spaces in cars.. And inside homes...always pays to shut doors, even if just taking the trash out.. I stepped on one on a hike through a gorge...it'd just devoured something big...seen by the large bump and luckily was having a food coma. Later that same hike, a red bellied black snake reared up at ,me. I wasn't that phased. Just move away, don't provoke.....then there's centrepedes, I was stung by one once (bare feet outside) A great deal of pain...then my whole leg went numb. Being an alcie- it gave me a wonderful reason to drink. Natural boozy choice...not go to a doctor. I was stung 4 times by bees on my foot, same time. Really itchy. My bro can die from one sting. Plus all sorts of other lovelies....mozzies are carrying encephalities, and all sorts of other nasty blood homed illnesses. Bugs attract small creatures- that attract snakes.. Again, more cluey 'strains don't leave water in bowls uncovered outside...or dump lots of food wastage in bins outside until trash collection day. One freezes them, until said day..

I remembered not to put pics of spiders etc...as some unfortunate people can be distressed by such images.

Too hot outside to be out there...excepting retaping a hose, with splits in it. Doing little stuff around the unit...listening to doco's.

I used a little sarcasm. Used Aussie sland here...except the use of the 'c' word....not, in my experience used in a friendly way....seen mostly as being very offensive.

Over 125 Australian Slang Terms & Phrases | Guide to Aussie Slang (nomadsworld.com)