Old 02-14-2023, 06:57 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  
PhoenixJ

Just under the ton outside. Brown snakes- aggressive , the most highly venemous snake Australia is lucky to have. Even rthe babies.can kill' Adelaide has lots of 'luinear parks..- the land/paths that follow rivers and creeks in Adelaide. Natural places for overly friendly snakes...that get most angry when it's mating season.. In sururbs- they are being found in boots left outside (whick also are perfect home for red-back spiders (also venemous). They get into drains, car engine and wheel spaces in cars.. And inside homes...always pays to shut doors, even if just taking the trash out.. I stepped on one on a hike through a gorge...it'd just devoured something big...seen by the large bump and luckily was having a food coma. Later that same hike, a red bellied black snake reared up at ,me. I wasn't that phased. Just move away, don't provoke.....then there's centrepedes, I was stung by one once (bare feet outside) A great deal of pain...then my whole leg went numb. Being an alcie- it gave me a wonderful reason to drink. Natural boozy choice...not go to a doctor. I was stung 4 times by bees on my foot, same time. Really itchy. My bro can die from one sting. Plus all sorts of other lovelies....mozzies are carrying encephalities, and all sorts of other nasty blood homed illnesses. Bugs attract small creatures- that attract snakes.. Again, more cluey 'strains don't leave water in bowls uncovered outside...or dump lots of food wastage in bins outside until trash collection day. One freezes them, until said day..

I remembered not to put pics of spiders etc...as some unfortunate people can be distressed by such images.

Too hot outside to be out there...excepting retaping a hose, with splits in it. Doing little stuff around the unit...listening to doco's.

I used a little sarcasm. Used Aussie sland here...except the use of the 'c' word....not, in my experience used in a friendly way....seen mostly as being very offensive.

Over 125 Australian Slang Terms & Phrases | Guide to Aussie Slang (nomadsworld.com)