Sober Valentine - Weekenders 10 - 16 February 2023

Old 02-08-2023, 08:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sober Valentine - Weekenders 10 - 16 February 2023

Sober Valentine - Weekenders

10 - 16 February 2023

Welcome to the Weekenders

Valentines is nearly upon us..... people round the world may be celebrating.

So planning ahead can help keep you on the sober road whilst having a Valentine’s evening or weekend you can remember.

Avoid situations that make you uncomfortable in your sobriety.

I found that an enjoyable time can be had without alcohol and drugs in the mix. It’s so much better when you’re present and remember .

Waking up hangover free feels great!

Join us for another sober weekend.

If this is your first weekend sober, or many, come join us for support and chat...as we know the weekends can be a struggle sometimes.

(Psst. We’re not just here to talk about the good stuff, if you’re struggling.....shout out).

(We’re here all week too!)

Welcome to the Weekenders

Valentines is nearly upon us..... people round the world may be celebrating.

So planning ahead can help keep you on the sober road whilst having a Valentine’s evening or weekend you can remember.

Avoid situations that make you uncomfortable in your sobriety.

You can have an enjoyable time without alcohol and drugs. It’s so much better when you’re present for the evening and weekend.

Waking up hangover free feels great!

Join us on the sober road for another sober weekend.

If this is your first weekend sober, or many, come join us for support and chat...as we know the weekends can be a struggle sometimes.

(Psst. We’re not just here to talk about the good stuff, if you’re struggling.....shout out).

(We’re here all week too!)

Old 02-08-2023, 08:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks Dee.
Old 02-08-2023, 09:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

no worries

D
Old 02-08-2023, 09:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm in for the weekend and I do NOT want shotgun. Someone else can have it.
Old 02-08-2023, 09:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good to see you least
Old 02-08-2023, 10:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm about to take Billie out for potty and then we'll go to bed. I took no naps today so should be good and tired in an hour. And even tho I don't usually fall asleep right away, I really enjoy my time snuggling with my beagirl. When she crawls under the blanket and then lies down alongside me, it gives me a sense of peace and contentment. . Just to feel her warm bulk up against me is soothing. And when she's ready to go to sleep, she gives a little sigh and then lays her head on my arm. . Makes me realize how rich I am in the things that count. .
Old 02-08-2023, 11:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Vet check...Rox is as good as she can be with a dicky ticker. I live, but to serve. She doesn't know she needs a calm life with no excessive excitement. So when driving (which she loves) I go to quiet roads...so now she barks at trees.
Old 02-08-2023, 11:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Vet check...Rox is as good as she can be with a dicky ticker. I live, but to serve. She doesn't know she needs a calm life with no excessive excitement. So when driving (which she loves) I go to quiet roads...so now she barks at trees.
Old 02-08-2023, 11:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thnaks Dee and Mags. I'm IN for a sober weekend.

SHOTGUN!
Old 02-08-2023, 11:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee and Mags. I'm IN for a sober weekend.

SHOTGUN!
Old 02-09-2023, 12:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Magsie

Robbie, congratulations on shotgun

PJ hope all ok at the vets.
Old 02-09-2023, 01:33 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Glad you are giving Roxy the best life PJ

I used to dread Valentine’s Day (and use it as an excuse to get wasted of course), but now it’s become my favorite holiday ‘cause I don’t have to do anything!

I also saw something online - a Valentines Day challenge….instead of spending money on candy and chocolates, make a small donation to a local animal shelter

And PuppyBowl is this Sunday! Count me in for the weekend

Old 02-09-2023, 01:39 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Mags, thanks for the reminder that valentine's day is coming up. I'll plan a trip to the frozen custard place or something.

Purps, that is an awesome idea.

Alpine, great picture of the young moose.
Old 02-09-2023, 01:47 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

In for a sober weekend.

Pledging for today. Day 130.
Old 02-09-2023, 02:42 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I definitely have a very good reason now for not drinking. I got out of hospital yesterday after going in on Monday for an ECG and an appointment with a consultant cardiologist. After speaking to him I got admitted to hospital for an angiogram. I've had 2 stents put in one of my arteries. My right coronary artery had severe narrowing (95%) in two places. I'd gone to see my Doctor last Thursday about some heart related problems, he made an urgent referral to the chest pain assessment unit at my local hospital and they phoned me the next day to offer me an appointment on Monday morning.

Basically, my lifestyle has caused this. When I drink, I smoke and then do both heavily for 3 or 4 days. I also eat the wrong foods and in recent months my blood pressure and blood sugars (I'm diabetic) have both gone up. I had put the rise in my blood pressure down to some lingering effect of covid, which I had last September and which had led to me getting pericarditis (inflammation of the pericardium, the sac that surrounds the heart) and which had left me feeling breathless, exhausted and having chest pains. After being prescribed a 3 month course of medication it did clear up but in January the breathlessness and chest tightness returned and was getting worse. My discharge letter from the hospital lists me as having had unstable angina, which is the usual stopping point before it turns into a heart attack. I'm glad I went to see the doctor when I did as otherwise I probably would have had a heart attack in the next month or so.

This is a major incentive to stay sober. I need to work on my weight and other things such as my diabetes and blood pressure as well as getting my cholesterol down to a low level. The key to beginning to work on all these things is to not drink because that is the thing that sets off me smoking and living unhealthily.
Old 02-09-2023, 03:01 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Count me in for another sober weekend! ☼
Old 02-09-2023, 03:38 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thanks Cityboy
PJ, you are such a great doggy Dad. You are giving her the best life possible and I am sure she is adding to your life as well.
No drinking here in Alpine world. I will be flying solo again so it will just be Mr. Riley pup, my Mil, and myself.
Old 02-09-2023, 03:39 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Purps..Puppies!!!!!
Old 02-09-2023, 03:45 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Magsie

Robbie, gosh that must’ve been a shock for you. I’m pleased you got hospital treatment right away. Sorry the breathlessness returned. Hopefully the stents will give some relief.
Coming up Spring it’s an ideal time to get in your walks you enjoy and foods that will benefit you.
If the AV comes calling, shout out, post or start your own individual thread, anything to help you.
Take care.
Old 02-09-2023, 04:00 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I'd like to join this weekend please. Valentines and my birthday in February, which irritated my husband, were always hard. Learned not to expect anything. Feeling quite lonely.