Notices

I’m done drinking

Old 12-12-2022, 07:36 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Good job on quitting again. Alcohol addiction is so painful. It's unfortunate that you poisoned yourself again. I believe drinking is a form of self harm, like being a cutter, for some of us. Going to the doctor is a great suggestion because if you can get a clean bill of health, or a serious warning, either way it would encourage you to stay quit. For me, I think that I never should have ever drank any alcohol, ever. Now that I am sober and my body and brain are healing, I'm getting back to where I was before I ever tried alcohol. And I know that I never should drink alcohol because it is a deadly poison. Time to neuroregenerate, for both of us!
Old 12-13-2022, 12:08 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by earthtwin View Post
Good job on quitting again. Alcohol addiction is so painful. It's unfortunate that you poisoned yourself again. I believe drinking is a form of self harm, like being a cutter, for some of us. Going to the doctor is a great suggestion because if you can get a clean bill of health, or a serious warning, either way it would encourage you to stay quit. For me, I think that I never should have ever drank any alcohol, ever. Now that I am sober and my body and brain are healing, I'm getting back to where I was before I ever tried alcohol. And I know that I never should drink alcohol because it is a deadly poison. Time to neuroregenerate, for both of us!
Thank you for this, Earthtwin. I completely agree on the need to neuroregenerate! I’ve lost so many brain cells with the shenanigans I’ve put my body through.

Today is day 7.

I’m regaining my brain cells (at least I think,) I’m eating healthy, and agreed to a dance class tonight. I’m really trying! I’ve recently started listening to a Podcast called “Seltzer Squad.” It’s a podcast of successful women in the city leading a sober life. I enjoy it as it’s very relatable.

I can do this!
Old 12-13-2022, 12:56 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on your week takeaction

D
Old 12-13-2022, 04:30 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Thank you, Dee 🤍

So I’ve started to now become nauseous throughout the day. I’ll be fine and all of a sudden I will feel sick to my stomach, and feel
like I need to throw up. It started again today at about 2pm. It subsided and now it’s back in full force at 5:30pm. Has anybody else experienced this after they stopped drinking?
Old 12-13-2022, 04:41 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

I found out I was hypoglycemic and to avoid that nausea (which happened all through my life) I needed to eat small amounts of food at regular intervals. Of course it may be a different reason for you, but maybe check with your Doctor?

D
Old 12-13-2022, 09:58 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

TA, I really hope you visit your doctor or reach out to a recovery program to help you move forward in sobriety. Help is always better than alone.