Notices

I知 done drinking

Old 12-08-2022, 04:03 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

TA welcome back. You need to do as your name and take action.

Buddy, I've been there . Not eating for 4/5 days, blackouts, waiting outside the liquor store to open at 8am. shaking so bad I couldn't tie my shoe laces, it's horrendous.

I'm doing rehab at present and we're focusing on the AV and how we talk ourselves into picking up The antidote is positive thinking, self praise for how well we've done in staying sober, surrounding ourselves with positive people and accepting complements and praise. Once we get an air of positivity around ourselves we're much less likely to succumb to relapses.

It's the hardest thing anyone will ever face, but YOU CAN DO IT!!! Get the positive vibe going bud - you'll make it, no doubts just positivity
Old 12-08-2022, 04:20 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

No, I have not talked to a Dr yet. I致e known that need to especially the way I have drank this year. I知 healing up okay today and will
look at establishing with a PCP this evening.

The work day is almost done. I知 proud of myself for asking for help because I know I would have been in a stupor the remainder of this week. I refuse to drink! In all honesty I drank over the weekend, and somehow think 塗air of the dog
makes it better. I had even worked out Saturday morning and it was completely downhill after that.
Old 12-08-2022, 04:26 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Takeaction, this weekend can be different. Make a plan for how you will get through the weekend sober and go for it.
Old 12-08-2022, 04:34 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kes2 View Post
TA welcome back. You need to do as your name and take action.

Buddy, I've been there . Not eating for 4/5 days, blackouts, waiting outside the liquor store to open at 8am. shaking so bad I couldn't tie my shoe laces, it's horrendous.

I'm doing rehab at present and we're focusing on the AV and how we talk ourselves into picking up The antidote is positive thinking, self praise for how well we've done in staying sober, surrounding ourselves with positive people and accepting complements and praise. Once we get an air of positivity around ourselves we're much less likely to succumb to relapses.

It's the hardest thing anyone will ever face, but YOU CAN DO IT!!! Get the positive vibe going bud - you'll make it, no doubts just positivity
Thank you for this! I need to change my outlook. I致e wanted to go to rehab but my career hasn稚 allowed for it.

continued positive thoughts!
Old 12-08-2022, 04:40 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I can you got the strength and determination

][/url]
Old 12-08-2022, 05:11 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Takeaction View Post
Thank you for this! I need to change my outlook. I致e wanted to go to rehab but my career hasn稚 allowed for it.

continued positive thoughts!
Think about it this way. Your career may not wait for you to get sober. Most rehabs are roughly a month long. Not a cure all but it's a dadgum good start.
Old 12-08-2022, 09:11 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
I can you got the strength and determination

]
Ending day two on a positive note.I attended a zoom AA meeting, ate, and I知 going to bed sober. This quote is going to be my new phone screensaverto remind me every time I知 anywhere or thinking of doing something I shouldn稚.

I spoke in AA tonight for the first time ever. I agreed to be open to sponsors. I知 not really sure how to utilize a sponsor though. What does that usually look like?
Old 12-09-2022, 09:06 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I didn't pick a sponsor merely to have a sponsor. It took me a few months to find the right fit. I listened to what other people had to say and share and essentially decided on those factors. I had several that I thought I'd found the right one, but turned out to be a dead end road, or they disappeared from meetings all together. I wanted someone solid and had several years of sobriety but also shared to some degree, a similar story to mine.
Old 12-09-2022, 09:44 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Today is day 3 of sobriety and I feel
a lot better. I browsed SR looking at my old posts, other old posts, and posts of those struggling like me. I know I don稚 have a desire to drink, and I知 staying true to that.

This weekend after my workout I知 going to stay with family. They池e sober and know I don稚 want to drink. I had to be honest with them as well as a friend of mine. That way I am held accountable in all aspects, and I won稚 be invited to drink.

I did some calculations last night that includes the last 17 days, and recent stupor going out etc. just alcohol purchases alone I spent about $500!!!! Insane!!!!
Old 12-09-2022, 10:08 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Congrats on your Day 3, Take. You're doing this!

Nice idea to stay with family.
Old 12-09-2022, 12:47 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Farrier View Post
I didn't pick a sponsor merely to have a sponsor. It took me a few months to find the right fit. I listened to what other people had to say and share and essentially decided on those factors. I had several that I thought I'd found the right one, but turned out to be a dead end road, or they disappeared from meetings all together. I wanted someone solid and had several years of sobriety but also shared to some degree, a similar story to mine.

Some of the women in the group have been sober 20+ years. I知 new at this so thank you for sharing your experience.

Thank you, Hevyn ☺️ I知 keeping strong and starting to feel like myself again! Alcohol has been stealing my life and joy. Never again!!!
Old 12-09-2022, 04:20 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Keep up the good work! I know, for me, I had to be vigilant and not let my guard down because that is when things fell apart. Also for me, and I know many others, there is NO moderation. Take drinking completely off of the table. I think I may be been Dee that said this.. It's not the last drink you have to worry about, it's the first. Very true and insightful.
Old 12-09-2022, 04:46 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hi takeaction,
I know exactly how you feel. On July 2, 2018 I had the "mother" of all hangovers. I thought I was going to die. I quit drinking on that day. I felt so much better after I stopped. You will too. Just put one day in front of another. I kept both a calendar and a journal. It helped. When you have a visual reminder of the days it is a great asset. Keep trying. It gets better. Best wishes in your recovery.
Old 12-09-2022, 09:12 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jim1958 View Post
Hi takeaction,
I know exactly how you feel. On July 2, 2018 I had the "mother" of all hangovers. I thought I was going to die. I quit drinking on that day. I felt so much better after I stopped. You will too. Just put one day in front of another. I kept both a calendar and a journal. It helped. When you have a visual reminder of the days it is a great asset. Keep trying. It gets better. Best wishes in your recovery.
Thank you, Jim1958. It always comforts me that there are people who have/are going through what I am. I spoke to my best friend tonight of whom I always hang out with. We致e been friends for over 10 years so she痴 been around me when I致e been really embarrassing. I told her I quit forever, and I felt a huge relief. I no longer have to hide or buckle because my truth with my tribe is out there.

I want to have a great long standing life. Tonight is Friday and I made some stroganoff, might have some ice cream, and then it痴 bed time. I知 grateful for another sober day.
Old 12-11-2022, 09:31 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Checkin in on you TA
Old 12-11-2022, 10:25 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Checking on you Take Action... How are you doing
Old 12-12-2022, 12:13 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hello! I致e stayed strong! I致e wanted to eat more than normal but I値l take it. It痴 midnight here, and I am online because I went to bed really early. It痴 NOT the midnight I had last week, praying I壇 sober up by 6am. I don稚 have to do that anymore!

Today is day six! It feels good to have made it through the weekend. I reached out to a sober buddy who is going to come with me to AA. She used to be in my same boat, as we used to go hard together. Now she痴 been sober over two years.

I知 grateful to have so much support. I知 also thankful and oh so relieved Monday mornings are no longer my nemesis.
Old 12-12-2022, 04:01 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Good morning Take!
Old 12-12-2022, 01:25 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hellooooo, Apline! I hope you are having a fantastic day!

Boy does it feel good to be sober! I知 able to communicate and get things done! I am dealing with the emotions piece right now. I知 worried people are talking about me calling in, that I知 awkward, and all the above. I致e always struggled with anxiety and depression so it痴 nothing new. I知 just holding on and responding as if each day is a blessing. I知 sober and that痴 what matters.
Old 12-12-2022, 04:40 PM
  # 40 (permalink)