Notices

I've hit a new Stage

Old 11-25-2022, 06:09 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

"That terminator is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead." - Kyle Reese - T1

So you made it to retirement. For many of us, alcohol is the terminator. Some faster some slower. But always the same path

Old 12-02-2022, 06:32 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hi. I said that I would check back with this after a week or so. After a week, I am more convinced that I should never have another drop of booze. I am still not fully past the physical effects of stopping, and I'm sure that has a role. But, my big picture thinking seems to be different this time. It was very helpful to read through this post from a week ago. I may make it a habit to come back to this thread every week or two. Thanks all of you.
Old 12-02-2022, 08:26 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
nez

Originally Posted by bobdrop View Post
It was very helpful to read through this post from a week ago. I may make it a habit to come back to this thread every week or two.
Oh hell yeah!!! If you are at all like me, it is a great idea!! I have a built in forgetter. I needed to reinforce the remembrance of why I made the decision that I did to quit booze period. For now , forever, and a day. To infinity and beyond. No more, nada, zip, and no regrets. Revisiting, assured me of not forgetting and remaining regret free. We shouldn't live in the past, but we need the lessons of the past as we build a better present and an even brighter future! At any rate, that is my story and I'm sticking to it!!!
Old 12-03-2022, 09:46 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Post as often as you want. No post it too insignificant. It helps to have the support & encouragement from those who understand.
Old 12-06-2022, 04:59 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hey bobdrop, great to see you but sorry you're still struggling. Obviously I totally get it - remember you're not alone, keep posting as much as possible, and take good care.