Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

It’s okay! It’s just a bad day . Part 2 -Weekenders 27 - 30 August 2021

Notices

It’s okay! It’s just a bad day . Part 2 -Weekenders 27 - 30 August 2021

Old 08-28-2021, 08:16 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Saw a very nice 1966 Plymouth Barracuda being Trailered behind a Rental Moving Truck on the drive halfway across Colorado last Thursday. It, too, had a California License Plate: '66 FISH'. See some Backstory and nice Pix here:

1966 Plymouth Barracuda Pix

The current Mission is for Jockette MesaMate to get some Shoulder Injury 'stuff' cleaned up with her Surgeon of note. They've met before. Nuffin' major, but CV-19 has made any Surgery 'a Process'. So, we got all that done yesterday. A Semi Truck smashing into a Utility Trailer and Truck parked off the Pavement shut down the entire I-70 Interstate, so we inched along while Authorities took care of this sad mess. Including the rigorous HazMat clean-up of Diesel Fuel. The critically-injured Pickup Truck Driver was Airlifted away and had his Life permanently altered forever. His Truck [like mine] was not even recognizable. So, I sent up some *Thanks* to the Universe as we were redirected off to a small Frontage Road in a lil Mountain Town, and then back onto the Interstate some Miles later. Folks just behind us were stopped in the Town we'd just had Lunch in, and directed a very long way on Secondary Roads that added many Hours to the Denver commute.

Tonight, we attend the Backyard BBQ Wake for a old Pal's Wife who recently drank herself to death over a long time. Ironically, there will be plenty of Top Shelf Booze around, but we'll toast with fluids other than Single Malt Scotches. I'm in charge of the BBQ.

This is all more uplifting than it sounds because it provides me some reckoning on what *might* have been.

Meanwhile, I've been helping out this New York Gal long distance I met hundreds of Miles away at the Dog Park last Week. She's hiking >14,000' Mountains [~4,270 Meters] with her Rescue Husky Pooch, and got her AWD Car stuck on a buzzed-off Tree Stump Helen Gone up a Mountain Plateau in Western Colorado. I looked up Land Managers, and Rescue Groups on this Laptop, and texted her intermittently over 2 Days. I sent her tips on using her Tire Jack to get traction Rocks under her Wheels. She texted me Pix of her progress. We also finally determined her GPS location so that she could tell someone where she was. She got a Tow Truck up to her Car yesterday, and got unstuck for a pretty reasonable $150- fee. I suspect me telling her that she had only 5 Hours of Sunlight left yesterday - after she'd already spent one Night in her Car - did the trick to motivate her. She was then headed back up to another Mountaintop late yesterday to resume Tent Camping. I don't expect to ever hear from her again. Just not her style.

It's been an interesting Week, and it ain't over yet. Nice Weather 'round here now.

Boulder Colorado Webcam

Theme Music from a former Resident here, and decidedly one of us. Sometimes, he couldn't even finish his Shows way back when. His young Daughter was fatally injured in a Crosswalk by a Car going down a Hill, and that's when the now-retired Addictions took over...

'Rocky Mountain Way' ~ Joe Walsh ~ Live

Old 08-28-2021, 08:19 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Cool pics everyone, from sunsets to fancy cars. Is that what people get in return for working with (rap? 😂😂😂

Kaily, I’m so sorry. Feel exactly the same. Wish I could make it better. Wish she was still young and malleable. She’s an angry, bitter woman.

I did reach out to her, and said if she decides to move here, she can do all the footwork and let me know. Dr Free and I would enjoy her closer.

Last night I said I’m willing to go on a plane and go get her and bring her to whatever home had an opening (she blew it with the wonderful home, as well as us putting so much effort into it). Maybe even her parole officers won’t stick their necks out again. Who knows. It’s a natural consequence to ones terrible choices and treatment of others. Loss of trust.

Anyway, the report I received from my offer was how would she be able to get ALL of her stuff on a plane!?!?!?

impossible! I clarified she must be wanting to explore other options, and that’s good, but all that we could offer at this point is my plane ticket, hers, transportation to and from the airport, and to whatever home in The Denver area that has an opening when she decides to come.

Boundaries

Good Freedom, on 7 days.

Hi Aly, and all the others here.

love to you all.

Today, long hike, then the store to get provisions for a trip to a national park. Need it. Want it. Serenity in the outdoors.

❤️🥰😍🤓

Old 08-28-2021, 08:50 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

I love that Joe Walsh album, Rocky Mountain Way. He is so, so talented. I remember getting that album when I was like 13 yo or something! Thank you for a blast from the past.
Have a great day all. Thank you for all the great posts. Love to you all.
Old 08-28-2021, 08:52 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

late afternoon here x
thanks mags, thanks also captian x good that ur in a light hearted mood and thanks for following us on our journey in aug class xx maybe drop in and give us some pointers xx
I am having a little of a crave but nothing too tragic lol i did take my anti booze tablet (not sure if i wrote that one, memory is crap lol ) so that put a stop to any thinking of the dreaded legal poison lol. I guess this is also my first proper time in this thread, i have seen and have posted once,but i always took the easy route and gave in. This time around though i am looking forward in reading everyones posts and getting to know u all x
speaking of cars i have just finished watching F1 qualifying in belguim was a bit on the wet side.
I guess it will be early night for me, as i will be going to have dinner which hub is making carolina reaper curry, so its going to be hot and then will end up in bed, so i may miss u all until tomo morning when i come out of my slumbering sleep sweat from the curry lol.
Have a great day everyone catch u all later xx
Have a lovely day everyone xx
Old 08-28-2021, 08:57 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Sao, THAT CAR! - very romantic.

Al - that sunset - very romantic, too.

Glad that you are healing, CBS.
Old 08-28-2021, 09:16 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Aly, those fires are outrageous and very worrisome. What have we humans done to our beautiful planet? We keep a bucket in the shower to capture the initial clean, cold water that would otherwise go down the drain and use it to water the plants. When we lived up north, we did the same but also captured the rinse water from the washing machine. We can no longer easily reach the drain hose, to my dismay, as plants and grass don’t mind a bit of suds.

MesaMan, thank goodness for those HazMat teams. (Interesting tidbit: There are organizations that will accept hair donations for environmental clean-up activities - per my stylist, they will accept as little as 6” of hair; that is where my COVID growth went.)

Good to see you posting here, Erratic.

Hugs, Free2bme and Kaily.
Old 08-28-2021, 10:34 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Welcome Erratic! Captain lighthearted and relaxed is my goal. I get fleeting moments of it thanks to being a PAWS sufferer. But staying strong and trying to see light at the end of the tunnel. Kaily I get the internet thing. Right now my DVR is not working and the US Open is about to start tomorrow. I rely on the DVR to watch tennis matches after work. Grrr. I guess I will call support to see why it won't work. Turning the modem on and off did not help. Meanwhile I am hooked on Gluten Free Oreos. Guess there are worse things! ;0)
Old 08-28-2021, 10:50 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Least I meant to mention that I got a kick out of your post about Billie's farts. I love my dog but he has the terrible habit of occasionally eating his own poop. It is needless to say disgusting!! Apparently German Shepherds are known for this. We have had many over the years and some of them have done it too. That also makes for stinky farts and bad breath. I Try really hard to clean up after him in the yard but sometimes he beats me to it. Anyway, enough of that.
Old 08-28-2021, 12:08 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good to see you Dusty Fox/Erratic!

Sending positive vibes your way Robbie, hopefully you don't need them.

Cool 'cuda' MesaMan. I like that fastback style. I quite like cream coloured cars too - you don't see any these days. White yes (and I like white too) but no cream. Glad you were able to help that woman. If I was going somewhere that was both off road and remote I would think about buying a small winch for emergencies. You can get ones that can be detached from a reasonably modest steel plate so they do not need to be fixed in position all the time.

Glad you liked the Siata & Cisitalia Leigh. Hers another super pretty one - a Maserati A6G 2000 from 1956 (they hadn't got round to giving their cars names yet)

Attached Images
Old 08-28-2021, 12:16 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Gorgeous, Sao, and sexy red, too.
Old 08-28-2021, 12:16 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Love it!
Old 08-28-2021, 01:54 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Magsie

MesaMan I hope the bbq wake went well. It’s good that you can get to a place in life where you can go without any fear or yearnings of drinking.

Loving all the car pics too…and music.
Old 08-28-2021, 02:01 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Mesa Man, Prayers to you and your friend. I'm so sorry for the accident and how kind of you to help out. I hope things get better quickly. ☮💫
Old 08-28-2021, 10:50 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Off out walking today. A place called Broxbourne Wood about a 7 mile somewhat hilly in places hike. My hip seems a bit better, must be all the thinking about physio I have been doing . I need to follow Mags shining example more.

Captain glad you are feeling good.

Nice to meet you Erratic, hope you enjoyed the curry!

Free, I hope things move in the right direction with your daughter.

CBS I hope you got your DVR sorted, technology is great till it goes wrong.

Love your passion for cars, Sao. Its similar to how I feel about dogs though I am yet to find a bright red one.
Old 08-28-2021, 11:09 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Magsie

Enjoy your walk Kaily, take care too with your hip.

Old 08-28-2021, 11:16 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Magsie

I don’t know about shining example but the physiotherapist said to me she can’t impress how important it is for me to exercise my hand. She meant business. And then Bim’s reminder! My hand was doing exercises on the double.
Old 08-28-2021, 11:28 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

One of my exercises is stand on one leg for 30 seconds then alternate and repeat 3 times. For some reason it really irritates me.

Not only is that dog red but he is also giant.
Old 08-28-2021, 11:49 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Magsie

Yeah you might have a problem getting him through your front door!
your standing on one leg sounds monotonous, a bit like ironing is to me. (And my exercises)
Old 08-29-2021, 01:14 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

hi folks
Old 08-29-2021, 03:47 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

just thought pop in and say hi, i have work this afo so wont be about x
have a good sunday x