Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

“Is it worth sweating the small stuff” - Weekenders 09 - 12 July 2021

Notices

“Is it worth sweating the small stuff” - Weekenders 09 - 12 July 2021

Old 07-13-2021, 11:06 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Nice to see you Forwards. I totally relate to the sugar, I can't leave it alone. Thankfully caffeine doesn't do it for me.

Hugs to you Samantha, that feeling of being totally overwhelmed and panic stricken is awful. I hope your Dr can help.

I think the tree is a hornbeam, Free.

Nice and sunny today. Lots of birds are bringing their young to the feeders in my garden. Lots of noise from the babies demanding food. Some then have a little splash in the bird bath. Lovely.
Old 07-13-2021, 11:16 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders

Samantha, sorry for your news of your co-worker. I hope your appointment with your doc helps you today.

Free, thanks, it certainly did feel like a long time. So grateful to have hot water in the tap again. Fortunately I had the electric shower which was separate to the central heating pipes.

Pollen is high again today. Hope it doesn’t affect you too much Robbie and all suffering with pollen allergies.

Old 07-14-2021, 02:11 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Morning Weekenders

Samantha, sorry to read about your cat and how you are struggling with anxiety at the moment. Please keep posting here

Mags, fingers crossed, I've not started sneezing yet so hopefully it will be a relatively sneeze free day!

I've just had some fun and games with a daddy longlegs (crane fly). It was fluttering around my house last night and couldn't catch it to put it outside. This morning it was flying gently around the living room so I spent a few minutes trying to catch it. Eventually I caught it in the palms of my hands, took it to the front door and opened my hands... it flew upwards, straight over my head and back into the house! It's now gone into hiding somewhere. No doubt it will make another appearance tonight.
Old 07-14-2021, 05:41 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  
Mr

Happy Bastille Day everybody.

On the 13th of July 2017 Sao opened a weekender called the Bastille Day weekender and later posted some Brel so here is some Jacques BREL on this
very french day : https://youtu.be/V3BSj1cHX-M

@Mags1 to reply to the question a few pages back yes we have two weeks in a campsite in The Gorges Du TARN from the 1st to 14th Aug. Then We come back to the house but we still have two weeks hols... Looking very forward to that now

Take care weekender friends !

Old 07-14-2021, 05:45 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  
Mr

She / He is on your computer screen Robbie, get him ...

Old 07-14-2021, 05:56 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone!

All's well in my little corner of the map. Awesome weather, I had a 21-bunny walk the other day. Yesterday I watched an eagle snag a fish, and saw three otters.

Onward to Thursday and the new Weekender thread.
Old 07-14-2021, 06:23 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Afternoon Weekenders!

Vman, I have a feeling when the lights go on tonight the daddy longlegs will make a reappearance Out of interest / boredom I looked up a crane fly on wikipedia and apparently once an adult has reproduced it has no reason to continue to exist and basically dies. The adult lifecycle is only 10 to 15 days. No wonder this one this morning wanted back in my house, it probably had nothing else to live for except to torment me!

bimini, what is a 21-bunny walk? One of my neighbours has three (!) pet ferrets. I think ferrets and otters belong to the same family. Cute to look at but I wouldn't want to be bitten by either of them.
Old 07-14-2021, 06:31 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

I count the (wild) bunnies I see on the walk. 21 is my current record!

..and yeah, I steer way clear of otters. Out here they can be quite large, 20-30 pounds - and they're carnivores.
Old 07-14-2021, 08:28 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Mags, so glad the water heater is fixed. Warm water - one of the best comforts of life.
Old 07-14-2021, 08:32 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Robbie, when you said daddy-long-legs, this is what I thought you meant.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=...AAAAAdAAAAABAI
Old 07-14-2021, 09:07 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Bim, you see some lovely things on your walks. I love hearing about them. I have never been to WA State, but I'd love to see it. Such a diverse landscape.
I have an appt today and tomorrow. Today for a pre procedure check and tomorrow the nerve ablation. My hair is finally starting to grow back after that surgery I had last year for the bleeding ulcer, I just hope these shots in my head won't make my hair fall out. I'm lucky, it's curly so it looks a little thicker than it is. Not sweating the small stuff today. Let Go and Let God. That is what I'm going with these days. Once we realize it, we really don't have a lot of control over much, we just think we do. Thank you for your support. You all help me stay sober and that means a lot.
Love and peace to all, esp anyone suffering in any way. ☮🧡💛💚💙💜💗💖💟
Old 07-14-2021, 09:09 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Aly, hugs. Hope all goes very well today and tomorrow.
Old 07-14-2021, 09:11 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Thank you, my dear friend Leigh.

How are you doing these days? I heard you all got rain? Or did I hear incorrectly. I know you were in a drought mode for a bit.

Sending love, peace, and friendship to one of the good ones.
Old 07-14-2021, 09:21 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Yes, we have had rain; Elsa did its thing here; our little lakes are almost full. The area immediately to the south and east of us suffered from the effects of us. I be.I eve that the flood warnings just expired there - I should check.

No; it is still in effect.

https://www.localconditions.com/weat...230/alerts.php
Old 07-14-2021, 09:43 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Sorry about your co-worker anxiousrock.

Glad you have hot water back Mags. It's something we take for granted and really miss what we don't have it.

HAPPY BASTILLE DAY Vinny!

https://youtu.be/4QuJ0dLkG_s

Attached Images
Old 07-14-2021, 02:03 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

So good to read all of your posts.
I’m sending hugs to all of you who need a hug ❤️

I wrote a post about my weekend camping trip a couple of days ago that I thought I had posted here, but I accidentally posted it in another thread that I had been quietly reading. Oops. It was quite out of context and probably sounded really weird to others reading that thread
My camping buddies seem to have accepted that I’m not drinking, and didn’t question me this time, and even joined me in a cup of tea, which is a good thing!

Kaily and Forwards, I hear you re the sugar. I eat way too much sweet stuff and have been trying not to eat as much.

I had been having quite a few drinking dreams lately.
Interestingly, last night I dreamt I was trying to steal lollies (sweets) and cake. I was hiding it in my bag and secretly eating it, then replacing it so nobody noticed it missing, then doing it all over again! I used to do that with alcohol in our house (the wine rack). Truly addictive behaviour.

So I think perhaps I need to ditch the sugar….
Old 07-14-2021, 05:43 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  
Samantha

Thank you so much everyone. It was a bad week last week, nothing compared to this week. I'm just sad, and it will take me a while to recover.
my doctor prescribed me clonazepam to see if it helps my panic, and I talk to her again next week.
I havent taken any though, kind of scared.

But, I haven't drank and I'm pretty proud of myself.

Old 07-14-2021, 07:22 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

well done ar
Old 07-14-2021, 08:08 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Well done not drinking through your sadness AR
Sending you love ❤️
Old 07-14-2021, 09:25 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders

Samantha, pleased your doc is looking after you. I hope the meds help you love, what are your concerns about taking the clonazepam?

Aly, hope all is going well at your appointments. Lovely that your hair is growing back.

Leigh, Keep safe in your area …..I had a spider just like that in my meter box. I went to get a reading and it was over the reading so I had to nudge it out the way. It didn’t scarper either, just moved a little as if it was put out by my gentle nudge.

Hubby is going fishing today so I’m home alone. That used to mean drinking as soon as he went out the door until he got back, though I would’ve probably been crashed out when he got home. Glad those mad crazy days are behind me.

See you later. xxxx