Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

“Is it worth sweating the small stuff” - Weekenders 09 - 12 July 2021

Notices

“Is it worth sweating the small stuff” - Weekenders 09 - 12 July 2021

Old 07-12-2021, 12:29 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Thanks Mags and Vman.

I also dream't I was a farmer, I'm not fearing I will become one of those so I guess I shouldn't fear that I will drink. I would be a hopeless farmer, I wouldn't be able to send any livestock to market.
Old 07-12-2021, 01:58 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Magsie

Nah, me neither Kaily. Probably name all the sheep and pigs too. You’ve got two doggies that would hire themselves as sheep dogs.
Old 07-12-2021, 02:16 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kaily View Post
Thanks Mags and Vman.

I also dream't I was a farmer, I'm not fearing I will become one of those so I guess I shouldn't fear that I will drink. I would be a hopeless farmer, I wouldn't be able to send any livestock to market.
That's why Paul McCartney (and his late wife Linda) became a vegetarian. He'd bought a farm in the 1970s and couldn't bring himself to send any of the livestock to market after watching the lambs playing about in the field. Apparently he and his wife were eating a roast dinner at the time and had to stop eating it. They gave up meat overnight.
Old 07-12-2021, 02:40 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  
Administrator

I used to dream of high school a long time after I left it but that wasn’t to say I wanted to go back.

I did find situations where there was no easy solution triggered me for a while and you certainly have that going on right now, Kaily.

in my experience though that alcoholic urge will leave us, so long as we resolutely refuse to feed it.

Stay with us Kaily

D
Old 07-12-2021, 05:22 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Alfie would love to be a sheep dog, he watches one man and his dog with me and gets very excited if we see sheep on our walks, Daisy not so much, she prefers to chase children in hope they will play with her.

I am a vegetarian, Robbie. I gave up meat about 3 years ago, I miss the taste but ethically it fits me better.

Thanks Dee, I have a lot of dreams about my last work place and feeling scared and trapped. I relive the panic attacks I was having. My night times are exhausting.
Old 07-12-2021, 05:27 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

(((Kaily))) ❤️
Old 07-12-2021, 06:49 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Haven't read anything, I'm very late to the party this week. I was on vacation from work last week and was staying away from my computer as much as possible.

Made good progress on the everlasting bathroom remodel. The shower is finally nearly done. Just need to touch up the caulking in a couple of places, install the fixtures and the curtain, and I can use it!! There's still work to do, but in a couple of days it will be fully functioning as a 3/4 bath again. I will probably shower in it once just to give it a "test-run," but really, it's not going to get used much.

I'm not liking being back at work, but it is what it is.

Hope everyone is OK, I'll go skim the whole thread now.
Old 07-12-2021, 08:11 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I need to learn to not sweat the small stuff. I have always been a worrier, and tend toward anxiety. It's better in sobriety (I don't have nearly the anxiety level I used to), but there is work to be done there. I tend to over-plan and over-think. My man friend is always telling me not to "plan the fun out of everything." I understand what he means. But it's funny - when I don't do all the planning, he feels lost. The other day we went on a quick road trip and I gave him the task of doing the navigation. He was so surprised I didn't already have the route completely planned out. And I left it up to him where we ate lunch, but he kept asking me what I wanted... Baby steps...
Old 07-12-2021, 08:37 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Hi MLD!

Bad luck to the English football supporters. Loosing a final on penalties really is a cruel thing. I’m sure that is not enough though to make Italy’s victory seem bittersweet .

Old 07-12-2021, 09:06 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Two things I didn't have to worry about yesterday:

1. Drinking
2. Wondering what a Sunset on Mars looks like

Below is the Fire Smoke around us that Free mentioned. Wicked.

As Robbie mentioned above, Paul McCartney stitched together several Land Plots on the QT for privacy just north of Campbeltown Scotland. I remembered from some R&R Magazine Interview that it was called 'High Park Ford'. And, had been forever. It's where Cattle could be driven to waiting Ships up across Land that wasn't Bog. The end destination was for Market in Edinburgh, and beyond. So, when an Airline gave me a free Business Class Ticket, I gave the still-working Wife a loving wave and booked a Seat upstairs on a Jumbo to go find the Spread of my Bass Guitar Hero.

Easily done. An old Map in the Lobby of a Campbeltown Hotel showed exactly where it was, and a Telecom Guy at the Bar told me the back way in. By an old Coal Colliery from the East. He'd installed multiple Phone Lines there, Spanking new Road Pavement Sir Paul had paid for in muddy Farm Country for was another give-away. Since Sir Paul had been Knighted, he could fly his private 737 Jet into the Military Airbase nearby at Machrihanish Air Base. I took some Film Pix through my Telephoto Lens Canon AE-1, and went on to look around the area. Good fun for a Week on a free $5,400- Business Class Air Ticket.

See the Red Roof Buildings at GPS Coordinates: 55.460644 x -5.643840 on Google Earth.

Paul McCartney On His Scottish Farm

Old 07-12-2021, 09:19 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Kaily, those drinking dreams haunted me for a while, too. They occur rarely, now. Our AVs are consummate liars; they know us well and know how to get to us. Don’t listen to its lies.
Old 07-12-2021, 10:19 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I too had a brief yearning for a pint of lager today. Strange because I didn't yesterday when everyone else was and it is a cool overcast Monday not a blazing hot day near the end of the week. It was gone in a few minutes.

Still deflated.
Old 07-12-2021, 10:24 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

(((Sao))). It was quite a letdown for England.
Old 07-12-2021, 11:35 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

MesaMan, Paul McCartney's farm also features prominently in the video of the song he wrote about the area in which his farm is located. The scenery looks beautiful. The song - 'Mull Of Kintyre' - is absolutely awful, one of Paul McCartney's worst... I enjoy the video more with the sound switched off! Enough people liked the song though, for many years it was the UK's biggest selling single.

Old 07-12-2021, 02:18 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Went up mountain to our lot today to get away from smoke. Not happening!

Heres some beauty in wildflowers.

i don’t know what this is..... Need help from SR friends

My new favorite, Mariposa Lilly!

Old 07-12-2021, 02:52 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

I finished my rehab aftercare tonight now. Nearly 26 months since leaving treatment, it's been a major part of my recovery so far and will miss it.
I'll still be in contact with most of the folks anyway. I got a nice send off from everyone on the way I've progressed and the work I've put in so far.
Old 07-12-2021, 04:00 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Well done, Reid. That is real commitment, there.

Beautiful photos, Free; thanks.
Old 07-12-2021, 04:06 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  
Samantha

I have had the worst week ever. I have been sick with anxiety, stress, and impending doom since Tuesday.
today, my cat passed away and it wasn't pretty....he must have been hiding the fact he could hardly move or breath.
I'm shattered right now and I don't know what to do.
Old 07-12-2021, 04:14 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Breathe, cry, sleep, eat. Just please don't drink. So sorry your day was so rotten!! Glad you were there for your cat's passing.
Old 07-12-2021, 04:59 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

So much good and bad in the last few posts....just love ❤️