Notices

180 Day Challenge

Old 07-08-2021, 08:58 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hey pline, I can really relate to the avoidance of direct contact. Since COVID sent us all home to work I have been really hesitant to go into the office. Not germ related. I just prefer the isolation. I hope I can address that soon.
Old 07-08-2021, 04:44 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
over hung over

Morning all,
BABM....avoidance?, yup, an alcohol tendency I think. Easier to hide away from the world with a bottle. I'm a non-covid home worker, socially isolating....gradually your whole life becomes structured around this one habitual thing you do. Its a bit tragic....
Ok...Friday morning, sunny cold....the weekend looming.
Weekends I find difficult. Its usually fine until about Sat lunchtime, the buzzy activity outside fades to the long quiet afternoon and the AV kicks in with the arguments about just drinking on the weekends. Just on Saturdays. Last time I went with it I woke up the following Friday morning convinced it was actually the preceding Wednesday. A real wake up call....
So....for the weekends I need to plan out the time....decide what to do.
But first....a morning's work, then maybe afternoon off doing something more recreational. Being able to organise your own time is good.

Day 4 of The Challenge ppl.....off it goes.
Later

Old 07-08-2021, 05:06 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Hello all! Having a very busy work week, but feeling surprisingly balanced. Have had a few challenging drinking thoughts, but I notice this is usually when I’m hungry. So I prepped a lot of healthy meals and snacks that I can grab easily. That helps immensely right now. And yoga—can do a quick 5 minutes and have a whole new mindset. On my way to a meeting. Love, love to all.
Old 07-08-2021, 05:58 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Doing lots of “right” things ishal.
Old 07-08-2021, 08:41 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Wrapping up DAY 4 here in the US...

Pline I keep wondering where you're located.. Friday morning.. cold.. hmm.. Western Australia? A fun riddle for me, you don't need to tell. OMG I just looked at your profile.. Antarctica? Is that right? If so, that would be really cold, lol. Yoga is great.. I_Shall..

Keep it going everyone, It's the weekend coming up so have some strategies to deal with the AV.. Maybe post in the Weekenders thread, have some definite plans and projects to work on. And lots of healthy snacks and non alc beverages.
Old 07-08-2021, 08:49 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I’m in
Old 07-08-2021, 09:27 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Glad to have you Free! How are things going?
Old 07-08-2021, 09:31 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
over hung over

Originally Posted by advbike View Post
Wrapping up DAY 4 here in the US...

Pline I keep wondering where you're located.. Friday morning.. cold.. hmm.. Western Australia? A fun riddle for me, you don't need to tell. OMG I just looked at your profile.. Antarctica? Is that right? If so, that would be really cold,
Lol.
A couple of thousand miles from here down to the Antarctic coast.
But, on a winters day, with a good hard southerly coming in off the Southern Ocean.......that's as near as I ever want to be.

Friday afternoon, been sitting here tapping out stuff all week. Sick of it.
I follow the stock charts.....its down. Way down.....its an asterix afternoon. This is when I start thinking about a drink.
But not today.....
Old 07-08-2021, 10:09 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Challenge day 4 complete. On to day 5. I have a long hike planned for tomorrow. Looking forward to some fresh air and solitude!
Old 07-08-2021, 11:14 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Day four done for me too! Its Friday but I am just glad to have a rest over the weekend. Well done everyone xxx
Old 07-09-2021, 12:10 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Day 4 in the books. So I have to admit something, I’ve been smoking a cigar almost daily for the past week. I HATE cigarettes, but these little cigarillos , I’m kind of liking them. Holy crap, I have the most addictive personality ever!!!

I think the nicotine must be super addictive. Because having only smoked them for four days, I’m already craving them. Ridiculous. But hey, no drinkie today, so day 4 was a big win.
Old 07-09-2021, 12:23 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BeABetterMan View Post
Day 4 in the books. So I have to admit something, I’ve been smoking a cigar almost daily for the past week. I HATE cigarettes, but these little cigarillos , I’m kind of liking them. Holy crap, I have the most addictive personality ever!!!

I think the nicotine must be super addictive. Because having only smoked them for four days, I’m already craving them. Ridiculous. But hey, no drinkie today, so day 4 was a big win.
I'm the same BABM! It can be anything that I can turn into a routine. I am struggling staying away from online shopping just now. Staying of the drink is a priority but I would keep an eye on those cigarillos.....
Old 07-09-2021, 01:00 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Wellllll..
I spent Monday through Thursday afternoon in a medically supervised detox so that was an easy first four days. I’m not sure I needed to be medically supervised but I have an anxiety disorder so it works out best for me to do so. x

Old 07-09-2021, 01:20 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
over hung over

Got out of the house and headed off for a brisk walk. Gonna be a cold and frosty night. Get back and the urge to drink is gone again, for the moment. It does work. Need a plan for the weekend......

Cigarillo's? They are strong, yes?.....
Are we addictive personalities or more creatures of habit ?, Ppl with bad habits that become chemically addictive. Sometimes I think we can over think addiction.
Old 07-09-2021, 01:46 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kittencat View Post
Wellllll..
I spent Monday through Thursday afternoon in a medically supervised detox so that was an easy first four days. I’m not sure I needed to be medically supervised but I have an anxiety disorder so it works out best for me to do so. x
That's a strong start Kittencat.....I have an anxiety disorder too and I find that moving my body is the best way to manage it. Cleaning, walking, swimming....and baths!
Old 07-09-2021, 06:08 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Day 5 is here!!!
Old 07-09-2021, 06:24 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Day 5 of the challenge! Day 9 sober for me. I wasn't at all tempted yesterday! Wow, what a great feeling.
For me, I wouldn't say I have an addicted personality, per se, but I do like escape. My thing right now is computer games. Anything that takes me out of my head. I think I should try yoga. A healthy escape! I want to make my sober life something I don't want to escape from.
Kittencat, I'm so glad you did that. Are you back home or did you go for further inpatient? Sorry if that's nosey, just ignore it if so.
I'm going to a noon meeting, then tonight going to see my family. The youngest is living with the middle son now, and he does drink, so I'll be sure to cut out if it feels yucky.
Old 07-09-2021, 07:33 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

I’m a day behind, so on day 3 mountain time US 😍

Adv. I got married 7/5/21 💍💍💍
Old 07-09-2021, 07:47 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Dia cinco damas y caballeros!!,
I hope everyone is doing good and remaining positive. Day 40 for me overall and I had a small visit from my AV last night. He's getting creative trying the new tactic of visual images like: A sweaty unopened bottle of Heineken just out of the cooler and a pitcher of margarita and an empty glass with salt on the rim.....Pretty sneaky you little %$#@!!(*........But alas I battled my way through and was victorious over this damnable ignoble fool...If you notice that last sentence was more of my medieval talk ...lol
Welcome Free I'm glad you're here!!
Old 07-09-2021, 07:56 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hi Boon, congrats on your days and riding the crave wave!

😉