Notices

180 Day Challenge

Old 07-06-2021, 09:15 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Haha, great to have you Mizz! Yes pline, this is Day 2 f the challenge.

BABM, so sorry to hear of the ticket loss, and especially for your son. I am sure he is disappointed, but I know you will find a way to fix that.
Old 07-06-2021, 10:45 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hi everyone and thanks for the welcome. Challenge day two complete!
Old 07-06-2021, 10:55 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

wow you took the scam easier than I would have BABM.
Great attitude tho, man

D
Old 07-07-2021, 12:42 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Ah so this is where the 180 days came from. I’m in!
Old 07-07-2021, 01:04 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Morning all!

BABM - I'm seriously impressed with how you dealt with the money loss. I'm sure karma will get that guy but good on you for not letting it fester and make you mad.

I'm thinking this is my day 2 of the challenge? It my day 10 overall. I feel really good about this! I have a few occasions coming up this summer and I am just going to tell all those nosy folks that I am on a 180 day challenge! I am actually feeling okay about this summer. I gone round and round in circles for so long I'm bored and need more interest and satisfaction in my life. I am currently going back to old pre-drinking interests and have a collection of things to read and listen to. Its a lot more exciting to think about that sitting around drunk.

In it to win it! xxx
Old 07-07-2021, 01:05 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
I think it's funny to describe the AV in medieval ways.....eg...Tread lightly my friend, for the AV is practiced in the dark arts of deception and housed since childhood with learned sorcerers....lol
Loving this by the way Boondock! Its exactly how my brain works too!!
Old 07-07-2021, 07:16 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 10 Gabe! I'm on day 7.
I love the medieval talk, too. Very funny. We need to laugh.
I would have been freaked out over the scam, BABM. I'm so sorry that happened! But, you handled it so well. Good lesson for your son, and for all of us, though high tuition!
Well, I overslept after my insomniac night, so I had better get moving.
Old 07-07-2021, 07:22 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sober369 View Post
Congrats on day 10 Gabe! I'm on day 7.
I love the medieval talk, too. Very funny. We need to laugh.
I would have been freaked out over the scam, BABM. I'm so sorry that happened! But, you handled it so well. Good lesson for your son, and for all of us, though high tuition!
Well, I overslept after my insomniac night, so I had better get moving.
Congratulations on day 7! We will soon have those days adding up xx
Old 07-07-2021, 07:34 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

You all impress me so much! Its damn hard to quit drinking and you keep giving it your all. No easy task. Thank you all for being here. We can do this!
Old 07-07-2021, 07:40 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mizz View Post
You all impress me so much! Its damn hard to quit drinking and you keep giving it your all. No easy task. Thank you all for being here. We can do this!
Thank you too Mizz! You are a super star! xx
Old 07-07-2021, 07:51 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Glad to see everyone here on Day 3, and so much excitement! This is the place to be, and I overslept !#&#$@#!

I'm still tired from my trip, and I know I've had too much sugar, thus staying up late. That has to go..

Welcome Kittencat! So glad to see you here!
Old 07-07-2021, 08:16 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Here we go ya’ll. Day 3. It’s just one day. Whatever challenges we face today, we know that drinking will only make it worse.
Old 07-07-2021, 08:45 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

That's right it's only day 3 we're just getting started.
Time and tide wait for no one it marches on and that's what we're going to do!!! That's my new thing ........Time waits for no one. You either march with it or you get left behind.........By the time this is over you guys are going to be so sick of hearing that!!...lol
Old 07-07-2021, 10:24 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Day 3!!!

Wow BABM. That is a hard core scam my friend. Back in the day that would have had me drinking the next $1,000. But now we get to keep our money.

Old 07-07-2021, 10:31 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Yeah, back in the day that $1,000 bucks would of had me in a buzzed rage and lookin for blood.....Good for you BABM for handling it gracefully!!
Old 07-07-2021, 11:52 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I took a risk and pith faith in someone. It didn’t work out. I felt most bad for my son who didn’t get to experience something he would remember for life. I’m more sad than mad. What kind of life does that thief live? Is he a happy person? What kind of future does he have? A waste of a life IMO.

Our team won though. Today I’m taking the kids to the water park. I feel mentally healthy enough to return to work Monday after about four weeks off. Today (Day 3) is day 25 for me. I’ve only drank about 15-18 days in the last year. While that is not perfect by any means, and any relapse for me is very dire, it still means I was sober for approximately 95% of the last year. So I feel like I’m getting the hang of sober life. With help from my brethren and my higher power I will be blessed with another day of sobriety, another chance at life.
Old 07-07-2021, 05:43 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
over hung over

Morning all.
Day 3.....Nice sunny cold morning outside.
Tho in a business partnership work on my own from home. I also live alone. This is a situation extremely conducive to drinking. Obligations met, I can easily disappear for a few days drinking and it won't be noticed. I think.
I realise now that I have become increasingly avoidant of direct contact. In the construction industry relations are often adversarial between parties and I tend to assume that contact means conflict. Keep everything at an email distance.
This is something I need to get over, it is a result of a drinking life, a destructive adaption to dealing with difficult situations, a form of hangover work around.
6 months sober, seems unlikely and maybe impossible at this point, but would go a long way to busting some of these adaptions that seem to have crept into life over the last ten years or so.

So, got into it and hit the phone this morning, returned calls with calls instead of mails and made some new ones. An expected problem turned out to not really exist at all. Its a lot easier without the dragging hangover. It really does take over your life. End up just sitting out the hangovers waiting for the next drink session.

Day 3 thoughts.

Ok, good to see so many ppl here....hope we can keep it all kicking along.

Later
Old 07-07-2021, 05:56 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Fantastic job pline. Often problems are worse in our mind and jumping into them proves the supposition to be false or exaggerated. I have the same tendency to avoid confrontation or direct contact and often used email as an avoidance maneuver myself - your new approach is much more productive. And I also live alone and you are right, it is very easy to do whatever we please without others knowing. But ultimately we have to be accountable to ourselves, or our behavior will increase our disappointment in ourselves. I think you're making really positive changes already.

Keep it going!
Old 07-08-2021, 07:31 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Good Morning (or evening) to everyone! It is Day 4 of the Challenge here in the US. Wishing everyone a fantastic, productive, sober day!

I'm off for a long bike ride and then many interesting tasks to get done. I hope all of you are doing well.
Old 07-08-2021, 08:29 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Checking in on another sober day! A bit of a bumpy one but I am making my way through it (I'd like to say 'with grace' but haha!) Grumpy, angry and stomping about. Posting here helped so much and now I am feeling calm and focused again. I highly recommend it for anyone struggling! xx