Notices

180 Day Challenge

Old 08-10-2021, 07:57 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Hello to our 180 motley crew,

I have been reading along and I just want to give out a big caring hug to quite a few of our team mates

I bought raviolis and ice cream today for dinner. Carbs and sugar are needed right now. I did eat a salad for breakfast though.

Old 08-10-2021, 08:02 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Welcome, TTF
Old 08-10-2021, 10:06 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Ha ha, I can totally relate, Tackle.. Actually sounds pretty balanced.. Keep up the great work on staying sober..
Old 08-10-2021, 10:50 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Oh man, just ate a big cupcake with an obscene amount of frosting right before bed. Oh well. Beats the alternative.
Old 08-11-2021, 12:03 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BeABetterMan View Post
Oh man, just ate a big cupcake with an obscene amount of frosting right before bed. Oh well. Beats the alternative.
Hey BABM....I ate a big piece of chocolate cake about 9.30pm....still less calories than two bottles of wine! Sometimes it just has to be done! X
Old 08-11-2021, 12:07 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Morning! I am so behind on everyone's posts but I am just going to give up trying until I get home at the end of the week. Will double up my effort then!

Checking in sober and feeling stronger for working my way through the challenges of this holiday sober. I think today is 29 day? I have lost count.

Eating way too much sugar but will address that next week. Lots of walking and spending time with people I love. Very grateful.

Well done everyone. I am grateful for you all too xx
Old 08-11-2021, 07:40 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

KEEP IT UP, ROCKSTARS!

We are sober. Productive. Finding our happiness. Some of you are eating really amazing sounding desserts! I'm having a hard time on my "quitting dessert" commitment. I had a waffle last night with Maple syrup. It was really good.

I am doing a lot better with this sugar thing. I have not consumed many Clementina sodas and I have not had any pie in over a week. I justify this sugar thing by telling myself I run and work hard and clock in close to 10 miles a day with work and running......I tell myself its okay. I deserve this. Blah Blah Blah........ Its a lot of justification. I gotta get a grip.

I am really trying here. Today I start the clock over. No waffles for me. No alcohol. No!
Old 08-11-2021, 01:45 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Together we'll all get there, one day at a time. Some days are blo**dy hard but we'll get through it together.
Checking in on my Day 11, double digits, that's great. Only 89 days and I'll go triple digits ha ha. I missed yesterday because I was binge watching a program called The Serpent on BBC iplayer. It's about a diamond dealer, murderer, and plays in the 1970'. I love watching 70s stuff, the clothes, the cars, the hair dos, life was so much simpler then.
I started practising tai chi again. I learned the whole set of 108 moves a long time ago and I found a slow motion video online to refresh my memory.
It's so relaxing and theraputic and it gets me out of the chair. Dyfi, my dog doesn't like it, she does her best to keep me from doing it, which is quite funny.
Enjoy your cakes and icecreams folks.

Gabe, enjoy the rest of your holiday and have a safe journey back.

Welcome TTF, great to have you with us.

Mizz, good luck with your 'no wafles' day.

See you tomorrow.

Old 08-11-2021, 02:46 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Elke, I loved the Serpent - the whole 70's vibe was fantastic and the guy who played the real life killer/smuggler Charles Shobhraj was brilliant. I watched it a while ago - I think I could probably watch it again -so thanks for reminding me of it!
Sugar is not my weakness I am delighted to say - but carbs are - so for me it's the huge slab of toasted sourdough bread with butter, peanut butter and banana that I eat of an evening I need to cut back on, but it's just so delicious.
We went to the fair today, crazy spinning rides going upside down, the kids loved it, I just watched and that was enough to make me feel queasy.
Day 88 for me personally, so coming up to 3 months. I am rooting for everyone aboard our ship and proud of the journey we have all made so far!

Old 08-11-2021, 04:44 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
over hung over

Ok.
Back, in etc. Way behind the rest of you.....but can only keep trying.
Old 08-11-2021, 04:56 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Administrator

is everyone ok moving to the Daily Support forum when you hit 500 posts?
D
Old 08-11-2021, 05:01 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Midweek check in. Another busy work week—which I like and don’t like at the same time; but there’s more good than bad. Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 08-11-2021, 06:57 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
is everyone ok moving to the Daily Support forum when you hit 500 posts?
D
Sure, Dee, that's fine. Thanks.

Team, that means our awesome thread will be in the Daily Support section instead of Newcomers.

Glad you're back Pline. So glad. I know the situation over there in the Philippines has been rough for you, it worries me too.
Old 08-11-2021, 07:24 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Very busy life continues. I'll have the kids today thru Thursday. I love it but it just adds to my work/school/family workload. Was recognized at work today with an award for busting my butt for the past week and a half since I returned from leave. I think my boss realized all I was doing when I was out because she had to cover for me. She's really good lead and we have a great relationship. My whole team is good people and we all care for each other and have each other's backs so that is good since I don't really love the work. The award comes with a nice chunk of money so that will go towards replacing my leaky roof, lol. Also, my oldest daughter and I have been really improving our relationship. I've been reading a phenomenal book entitled, 'Parenting the New Teen in the Age of Anxiety'. Has really helped me with my approach with her and is already paying dividends. I'll be working on a school paper late in tonight then it all starts again early tomorrow. God give me strength.

Today is day 60 for me. Kind of a milestone I guess.
Old 08-11-2021, 07:25 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gabe1980 View Post
Hey BABM....I ate a big piece of chocolate cake about 9.30pm....still less calories than two bottles of wine! Sometimes it just has to be done! X
Darn right it needs to be done sometimes. I literally think it HAS to be done. Us recovering addicts need that dopamine badly. So chocolate it is. It's a survival mechanism, I truly believe it.
Old 08-11-2021, 07:30 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 60 days BABM.

Join us here for part 2
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-2-a.html (180 Day Challenge Part 2)