Notices

What is your rose, thorn, and bud?

Old 03-30-2021, 06:00 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

My rose: a pleasant, easy day at work.
My thorn: making an appointment I've been avoiding.
My bud: looking forward to buying and planting flowers.
Old 03-31-2021, 12:00 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

My Rose - Feeling great and healthy today
My Thorn - I can't spend the day off with my partner today
My Bud - Stressful times seem to be over for now
Old 03-31-2021, 04:17 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Rose: Getting the keys of my new apartment tomorrow morning.
Thorn: I have some dental issues again, with a tooth that just had root canal treatment and got a beautiful new crown a little over a month ago. And my dental insurance just ran out today, was only planning to get new one a bit later. Toothache and bad timing sucks.
Bud: I'll be packing and moving during the coming week and look forward to settling into my new place. Getting rid of a lot of old stuff and getting a lot of new things (furniture, decorations) - costly but the change and brand new will be fun.
Old 03-31-2021, 08:40 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

My rose 🌹 (positive celebration or gratitude) grateful to be posting this right now because I forgot all about gratitude today! I must remember to keep a good attitude! I must or my mind will turn to mush and I’ll end up in a dilemma!

My thorn (worry or something weighing on you) ruled the day! I was in self pity, anger, resentment, feeling hopeless! Much had to do with my job! Very upset they’re giving me low mileage, time consuming, low pay loads! Also upset with my brother’s dishonesty! Much of my day was poor me, poor me, poor me! And I know where that leads to! Pour me another drink! Either that or a dry drink! I’ve got to snap out of this 😢!

My bud (something you’re looking forward to) is I’m looking forward to better days ahead! This too shall pass!
Old 03-31-2021, 08:44 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

🌹
Old 04-01-2021, 05:40 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

My rose 🌹 (positive celebration or gratitude) I worked through my problems today and even did a few good deeds! Not because I had to! But because I wanted to! It was the right thing to do even though it didn’t benefit me!

My thorn (worry or something weighing on you) is I was worried about finances!

My bud (something you’re looking forward to) is they finally got me out of IL! Not that Illinois is bad! But because they’ve been keeping me there doing low mileage, low paying loads! I’m at a truck stop in KY for the night and headed to W Columbia, SC tomorrow for more miles!
Old 04-02-2021, 12:50 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

My Rose - Woke up next to the love of my life sober
My Thorn - Got the devastating news of the passing of a family member
My Bud - Looking forward to spending easter with my family
Old 04-02-2021, 06:42 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by owen90 View Post
My Thorn - Got the devastating news of the passing of a family member
Owen so sorry to hear!
Old 04-02-2021, 06:57 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

My rose 🌹 (positive celebration or gratitude) is its time to get the tax refund after doing taxes! My accountant emailed tax documents to sign to complete taxes!

My thorn (worry or something weighing on you) is fear seeped in today! Fear that this job might not work out one day and I’ll be job hopping again! Also hopelessness! Like what’s the matter with me! Also anger and resentment! Like how could this company treat me this way! Don’t they know I need the miles and the money! Also recognizing that I project a lot! Like thinking what this company might do to me in the future!

My bud (something you’re looking forward to) is milk with my oatmeal tomorrow morning instead of water! And substituting that for the snack bar I eat with the oatmeal for breakfast! Something tells me I’m lacking vitamin D!
Old 04-03-2021, 04:24 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

My rose 🌹 (positive celebration or gratitude) is so glad a guy I’m sponsoring called me up today to tell me he had a big urge to drink but he got through it and didn’t! He called me at midnight last night but I was asleep 😴! He ended up calling a hotline and someone there talked him out of it! I told him what a huge victory it was for him that he didn’t drink! This too shall pass! And he said the urge to drink isn’t there today! He’s now got three months sobriety which is a long time for him cause he’s a big relapser!

My thorn (worry or something weighing on you) is I seem to be my worst enemy! I tend to project and automatically think the worst!

My bud (something you’re looking forward to) is helping others in the future!
Old 04-03-2021, 04:51 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

My rose: Enjoyed working in the yard today and feeling peaceful after low mood yesterday.
My thorn: No thorns today.
My bud: Continuing to be more present, doing what I can each day and worrying less about future days.

Old 04-04-2021, 11:48 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

My rose 🌹 (positive celebration or gratitude) is my growth! Yesterday I was upset and deflated when my company took away my preassigned work load that had a lot of miles and instead gave me a much smaller load with less miles and money! I thought about it and came to acceptance with it! I put it in God’s hands 🙌! Maybe this is how God wanted it! Maybe God didn’t want me to have that better load for whatever reason!

My thorn (worry or something weighing on you) is I don’t know what I should do! The company I’m with doesn’t pay as well as some other companies! But they’re flexible and I have freedom! Walmart and some other trucking companies pay much better but not sure if the drivers there have as much flexibility and freedom! A company being flexible and giving workers freedom is very important to me! But pay is also very important! It’s tempting to consider switching companies for better pay! But I also don’t want them having cameras inside the truck watching my every move! That would be unbearable!

My bud (something you’re looking forward to) is I’m looking forward to just taking it one day at a time and putting it in God’s hands 🙌!
Old 04-06-2021, 12:52 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

My rose 🌹 (positive celebration or gratitude) is I feel rested and better after taking a day off of work!

My thorn (worry or something bothering you) is covid! I don’t have it, but I’m sceered 😱 that it’s never going to go away, even if 70-80% of people get the vaccine!

My bud (something you’re looking forward to) is hopefully I start off with good loads after taking a 34 hr reset!
Old 04-06-2021, 05:55 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

My rose 🌹 (positive celebration or gratitude) is I got through a challenging, nerve racking day and came out of it with a good attitude!

My thorn (worry or something weighing on you) is I have a multi stop! Today was Philadelphia, PA! Tomorrow is cold water, MI! Nerve racking day today in Philadelphia! I got lost and was in the hood! Had no idea where I was at! I drove miles away from shipper in order not to take any more wrong turns! Finally got back on the interstate and looped around and found the place!

My bud (something you’re looking forward to) is I’m looking to finish off this multi stop tomorrow In MI, which is an easier stop!
Old 04-07-2021, 03:47 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

My rose: Visited by my girl at work today
My thorn: Got a long hard slog at work on Friday
My bud: Short week!

thanks for the well wishes guys we're ok.
Old 04-07-2021, 05:37 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

My rose 🌹 (positive celebration or gratitude) got a call from my Jehovah witness phone friend! He calls me about twice a week! I’ve never met this guy and really don’t know him! He just happened to call me one day a few months ago! I asked how he got my number! He said through a listing! He just calls people and talks about God! I’m alone on the road most of the time so if someone wants to call me up and talk about God that’s fine with me! I give out no personal information! We’re not gay! I’m married and he said he’s married. Kind of an odd relationship! I know! But I find our conversations entertaining! I’m catholic and have no intentions of being converted to a Jehovah witness! I talk about my relationship with my higher power and tell him how I apply that to my life! He reads scriptures out of the Bible and talks about his relationship with God! It’s kind of cool 😎!

My thorn (worry or something weighing on you) I worry about this country (USA)! I hope not too many people lose their minds! I’m certain it’s covid related! I think the anxiety of covid and our changed way of life has made people go mad!

My bud (something you’re looking forward to) is peace and harmony!
Old 04-09-2021, 01:45 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

My rose 🌹 (positive celebration or gratitude) I’ve been countering negative thoughts about hearing about all this violence on the news with faith in my higher power! Grateful to remember this and ask for forgiveness and also forgiving others!

My thorn (worry or something weighing on you) is I start to lose faith in humanity! It’s a sick world! But I have to remember to be part of the solution and not the problem!

My bud (something you’re looking forward to) is the good dog vs the bad dog! Everyone has that in them! Which one wins? The one you feed! I’m looking forward to continue to feed the good dog!
Old 04-10-2021, 12:59 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

My rose 🌹 is grateful to be in your company!

My thorn is I was doing a lot of thinking about the past and the pains of growing up!

My bud is I’m looking forward to continue to do good work as a decent human being!
Old 04-10-2021, 07:08 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Rose 🌹 (positive celebration or gratitude) reached out and called a few old friends I haven’t seen in a while! We touched on how our lives are going now and how it was back in the days!

Thorn (worry or something weighing on you) don’t know if I’ll ever get rid of some of my defects of character no matter how much inventory I do, how much praying, how hard I try! But they can be reduced by confronting them and kept under control!

Bud (something you’re looking forward to) I just don’t know sometimes! Whatever God has planned!
Old 04-11-2021, 07:45 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Rose 🌹 (positive celebration or gratitude) I talked to my brother this evening! He appears to have recovered from covid! I was so happy to hear that!

My thorn (worry or something weighing on you) is just the viciousness of other people! Some people are just so sick (in the head)!

Bud (something you’re looking forward to) I don’t want to die! But some day when I do I want to die sober!