Notices

What is your rose, thorn, and bud?

Old 03-09-2021, 01:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What is your rose, thorn, and bud?

A rose 🌹 is positive celebration!
A thorn is a worry or something weighing on you!
A bud is something you’re looking forward to!

Tell us what your rose, thorn, and bud are for today! Whether it’s sobriety related or anything else going on in your life! Let’s chat!

My rose 🌹 for today is my 34 hour reset that I started today where I don’t have to drive and can rest and get ready to drive on Thursday! I do over the road trucking for a living!

My thorn is that I won’t get enough miles and money from the company that I’m with!

My bud is I’m hoping to get an appointment for the covid vaccine shot!

What is your rose, thorn, and bud for today?!

Old 03-09-2021, 01:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Daily Support Forum is only for continuing threads Uncle, so I moved your thread here.

my rose is I can relax this afternoon after an appointment.
my thorn - nada
my bud - music with my mates Friday night.

D
Old 03-09-2021, 02:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi uncle holmes.
Rose = Shopping for new clothes (spring)
Thorn = Parking ticket
Bud = Trip to visit old friends this weekend

Enjoy your break from driving.
Old 03-09-2021, 06:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Rose - I enjoyed a nice getaway this past weekend.
Thorn - It's only tuesday, 3 workdays to go.
Bud - It should be a nice quiet weekend since a blizzard is coming.
Old 03-09-2021, 08:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Samantha

Rose- was about 10 feet for the liquor store, and turned away!

Thorn- I'm starving and not allowed to eat anything else tonight

Bud- honestly, nothing. Everything is kind of crap. No vacations, covid vaccine, or friend.
Old 03-09-2021, 08:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm glad you turned away AR. Perhaps that was your bud, too?
Old 03-09-2021, 09:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Samantha

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
I'm glad you turned away AR. Perhaps that was your bud, too?
looks like it has to be right now.
Old 03-09-2021, 10:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Rose- sober today
Thorn- have I taken on too much?
Bud- I can stay sober tomorrow
Old 03-10-2021, 01:15 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

My rose for today is I’m enjoying my 34 reset! (I’m in Virginia right now)!

My thorn for today is I accidentally put 2 different creamers in my coffee! Heavens!

My bud for today is walking through the mall and food courts (with my mask on) when they open!
Old 03-10-2021, 11:51 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It's Spring here on the South West England, coming home I found a short branch of a Camellia on a wall, no shrub nearby. Perhaps someone picked it, carried it for awhile, and place it there.

I brought it home, placed it in a bowl of water, it had two scarlet flowers. Today I took the flowers off, put them floating in the bowl of water. and planted the branch indoors.

Hope it will grow.
Old 03-10-2021, 12:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Rose - I am sober today
Thorn - anxiety
Bud - a sober life has myriad opportunities
Old 03-10-2021, 03:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Rose- the owls who live in our neighbor’s yard had babies. Not my celebration, but it was fun to watch the little ones run about with my kid.
thorn- rumination over past stuff
bud- school starts in May and I’m so excited!
Old 03-10-2021, 06:00 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

My rose for today is I caught up on a lot of sleep 😴 on my day off! Off and on all day! Night night!

My thorn is I get depressed watching the news! So what do I do? I keep on watching the news! Heavens! It’s an addiction!

My bud is I’m looking forward to staying sober one day at a time!
Old 03-11-2021, 04:58 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

My rose for today is my stress level and anger went down from this morning! I feel more peaceful now after calling payroll and straightening it out! I resent trip envelope and bol and will get paid for it next week! I’m also out of Baltimore and in Ohio now!

My thorn happened this morning! I must have forgotten to send a trip envelope and bol for a trip and didn’t get paid for it on this weeks check! Today is pay day! On top of that my next trip was to pick up in Baltimore and take it to Michigan! I don’t like driving into high crime areas!

My bud is the weather is getting warmer and getting closer to getting out of Winter 🥶!
Old 03-11-2021, 06:46 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Rose: Im sober. Im starting a juice cleanse tomorrow. Is it is a cleanse? No. Its more of a " I think my cells and body need some nutrient dense stuff right now and for quite awhile"

Thorn: Some unresolved work stuff keeps presenting itself. Im really really really really over it and want to move on now. Its not up to me to move on so I wait. I wait, but I have run out of patience and the entire thing makes my head want to pop off and roll down the street.

Bud: The light has returned on my side of the world. Its getting warmer and I can start to see how I will be working in the yard and doing house projects outdoors.
Old 03-12-2021, 06:10 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

How are you feeling today?! Did any events and feelings come up through out the day that you would like to share?! Tell us about it! Let’s chat!

My rose 🌹 for the day was I took the bull by the horns after the shipper didn’t know what they were doing! You could tell he was new and inexperienced and young! But I knew what had to be done because I’ve been there before so I went ahead and did it then politely asked for a signed copy of the bol! After an older gentleman intervened and asked what I wanted and tried to manipulate me, I simply told him it’s already done and all I need was a signed bol! They handed it over and off I went!

My thorn was a lady pulled right into my lane at the last second while driving and almost caused an accident! I swerved to the next lane to avoid hitting her, honked my air horn, and almost hit the driver next to me! I was so angry 😡!

In a completely separate incident a few hours after that another trucker got on his cb and said a smart allick thing to me! I responded back with something nasty that I can’t repeat on here! He then went off and threatened me with physical violence and wanted to pull over and fight me! I realized how stupid this was and just didn’t respond and ignored him! He just drove away! Very frustrating how some people can be! Ya that’s real smart! Get in a fight, lose your job!

My bud was hope and gratitude! Gratitude that I realize I’ve come such a long way with sobriety and my job that I enjoy!
Old 03-13-2021, 11:09 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

This is fun, might be worth doing this type of self check-in daily - thanks for the idea!
Today (or maybe this weekend):
-Rose: the fact that I'm on an extended vacation is finally starting to sink in, I feel very relaxed and kinda worry-free today. It's also a beautiful spring day.
-Thorn: I'm still not done with a long and tedious application process for a new apartment that I really want, but may finally get to the end decision early next week. I even have to interview for it with a board on Monday - such a ridiculous process for some properties here in NYC that I have never been through before.
-Anything and everything else I plan for the coming weeks, generally relaxing a lot more. If I am moving, also that adventure and a nice home upgrade.

All of it sober!
Old 03-13-2021, 11:51 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Rose :I am fortunate to have a friend, willing to help me sort out some issues.

Thorn: Said issues - UGH, there are some malevolent people populating this world.

Bud: I'm researching types of vegetable plant seeds, and hope to find some, that will germinate and acrually survive the climate this year!
Old 03-13-2021, 03:58 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

My rose 🌹 for today was it went smooth for pretty much most of the day until the end! Safe driving! I’m now in South Carolina!

My thorn for today was my brother who I consider a good brother and friend texted me that he got his first dose of the covid vaccine! A part of me was happy for him! I also sensed some jealousy and resentment seeping into me that I’m still on the waiting list for my first shot! This bothered me! Not that he got his first shot! But why am I feeling this?! It’s my problem! I recognized it and worked my program to remove those nasty defects of character by thinking the opposite of jealousy which is trust and resentment which is forgiveness! The jealousy and resentment then went away!

Also a big let down at the end when the consignee didn’t have an empty trailer after I dropped off a loaded trailer! Which means I now can’t get a load until company sends me to get empty trailer!

My bud was I didn’t fly off the handle! I put it in my Higher Power’s hands and was very accepting today! And I’m looking forward to doing that more often!
Old 03-14-2021, 06:48 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

How was your day today? Is your sobriety doing alright? What are you doing for your recovery? What feelings did you experience today?

My rose 🌹 today was I made the best of the mistake that the weekend dispatch did today! I get paid by the miles! If I don’t have an empty trailer to take to shipper, I can’t get a load! If I don’t get a load, I don’t get paid! The weekend and off hours dispatch are prone to make mistakes! Sure enough they did it this morning! They sent me to a place to pick up an empty trailer and - sure enough that place didn’t have any empty trailers! The empty trailer that I was supposed to get actually was a loaded trailer that went out yesterday 😡! I kept my composure and calm instead of getting really angry 😠! Dispatch then sent me to another place to get an empty! This took all morning! I then went to shipper in Charleston, SC to drop empty trl and pick up loaded trl! Headed to OH tomorrow at a sams club to drop off this loaded trl! It did my sobriety good to stay calm throughout the day!

My thorn was because it took half the day to get empty trl, I had to drive later than usual! Which meant I had to miss my zoom AA meeting!

My bud is I’m looking forward to wishing Mrs Holmes a happy 😃 birthday 🥳 on Wednesday!