Notices

What is your rose, thorn, and bud?

Old 04-12-2021, 04:50 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

My rose 🌹 (positive celebration or gratitude) is I’m on 34 hr reset! Or 34 hrs off until I drive again! I’ll start driving again tomorrow at 5 am! Got lots of rest in, some walking and jogging, caught up on my recorded news shows! I love ❤️ 34 hr resets! Otr drivers required to take them after driving about 70 hrs in 8 days! It’s not mandated! But if they don’t take reset they won’t have many hrs to drive!

Thorn (worry or something weighing on you) found out my son’s girlfriend has covid! They live together! Hope she’ll be alright and hope he doesn’t get it! They’re both in quarantine!

Bud (something you’re looking forward to) to be strong! You can either be part of the problem or part of the solution! I plan on being part of the solution!
Old 04-13-2021, 05:09 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

My rose 🌹 (positive celebration or gratitude) grateful to listen to a wonderful spiritual AA speaker Peter M today while driving! A reminder to keep on my toes from going back to old thinking patterns and putting God first!

My thorn (worry or something weighing on you) I’m worried that we may never reach herd immunity from covid! It doesn’t mean it’s true! It’s just a worry I have!

My bud (something you’re looking forward to) being spiritually strong 💪!

Old 04-15-2021, 12:36 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Rose 🌹 (positive celebration or gratitude) grateful to be a sober, law abiding citizen!

Thorn (worry or something bothering you) worried about people’s violence and the harm that causes!

Bud (something you’re looking forward to) about ready to walk in store to get some coffee ☕️ at the truck stop I’m at right now in GA!
Old 04-16-2021, 02:11 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Rose 🌹 (positive celebration or gratitude) grateful I have a job!

Thorn (worry or something weighing on you) have to weigh truck! Freight is over 43,000 lbs! If tandems not set right or gross weight over 80,000, I would get heavy fines!

Bud ( something you’re looking forward to) looking forward to more miles for bigger pay days!
Old 04-16-2021, 06:36 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Rose: lots of new, positive and pleasant things in my life. For example, taking a long vacation from work, new home and working on making it comfortable and pretty, some new skills I'm learning.

Thorn: still getting a lot of drinking urges. Oh well, it's because I was stupid enough to pick up for a short period, but they will subside again, all I need to do is never drink again and ignore the *** AV.

Bud: thinking about some travel plans once I'm ~done with the essentials of settling into my new apartment.
Old 04-17-2021, 02:07 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Rose 🌹 (positive celebration or gratitude) grateful I found a place to park for the night! I went to a truck stop just outside of Houston, TX to park for the night and it was full! My time was running out on clock so I parked on the ramp off I-10! Headed to Laredo, TX next!

Thorn (worry or something bothering you) a molar tooth 🦷 in the back is slightly sensitive! I just hope it doesn’t get worse! I have a teeth cleaning/exam I think in June!

Bud (something you’re looking forward to) being safe, happy, and healthy!
Old 04-17-2021, 03:09 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

What a great idea:

Rose: I am working, my kids are good, my house is warm, and spring is coming.

Thorn: I have too much work, much unpaid practice development work, and not enough time. Means I am always behind and I hate letting people down.

Bud: If I can just get through a few projects, I will be caught up. Now if I could just learn the word No.

Old 04-17-2021, 04:45 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Rose: The clarity and freedom of 11 weeks sober and finally able to reach out to others in my life and not be so isolated and self-centered.

Thorn: Still trying to learn how to better manage stressful situations at work that create overwhelm and irritation.

Bud: Hope for being present and clear-eyed for what each day brings, to be grateful, to take better actions, to make better plans.
Old 04-18-2021, 02:32 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Rose 🌹 (positive celebration or gratitude) grateful to pull the covers up on me as it got brrr 🥶 last night near San Antonio, TX!

Thorn (worry or something weighing on you) worried that this current very good milage load of 1400 miles from Laredo, TX to Dayton, OH area might not go on this weeks paycheck! It’s on borderline of pay period!

Bud (something you’re looking forward to) to realize that I must always try to work the program in order for me to have a peace of mind and better outlook on life!
Old 04-19-2021, 01:44 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Rose 🌹 (positive celebration or gratitude) grateful for recognizing acceptance and having faith on a situation yesterday! Company had me split load at Dallas, TX for 427 miles instead of 1400 miles to OH! Which means less pay! At first I felt very disappointed! Then I practiced acceptance and thought maybe this is how God wanted it!

Thorn (worry or something weighing on you) my 70 hr clock is getting low! Which means I’m getting close to taking a 34 hr reset! I’m in AR now! Getting closer to Memphis, TN! I just hope I don’t have to take a 34 hr reset in Memphis! That place is a crap hole! High crime area!

Bud (something you’re looking forward too) looking forward to my 34 hr reset coming up! Hopefully not in Memphis! I hate that place!
Old 04-20-2021, 03:42 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Rose 🌹 (positive celebration or gratitude) grateful to mature through recovery!

Thorn (worry or something weighing on you) worried about radiator in truck! Warning light and sound came on when I started it! I added some coolant! Didn’t see any leaks! Hopefully no radiator problems!

Bud (something you’re looking forward to) plan on taking 34 hr reset after this load in independence, MO, near Kansas City!
Old 04-20-2021, 04:04 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Rose: Grateful to have a job that gives my week some structure, gives me a steady paycheck and creates many growth opportunities.

Thorn: Resistance to the part of my job that makes me feel overwhelmed and triggers fear of the unknown and loss of control.

Bud: Remembering The Serenity Prayer. God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

Old 04-21-2021, 07:47 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Rose 🌹 (positive celebration or gratitude) grateful I’m at a good spot for 34 hr reset! Food near by, showers, big comfortable lot! Grateful to catch up on my recorded news shows and sleep!

Thorn (worry or something weighing on you) a little bit of anxiety and fear going on! And I don’t know why! Sort of undefined anxiety and fear that I get from time to time! Nothing in particular happens to cause this! It can happen on a calm day or busy day! Sort of an emptiness inside that somethings wrong when there’s really nothing wrong! It can happen while I’m working or while I’m resting!

Bud (something you’re looking forward to) I’m looking forward to getting a small chocolate extreme with chocolate ice cream blizzard at a Dairy Queen they have at this truck stop! I can’t remember the last time I got something from Dairy Queen!
Old 04-22-2021, 03:34 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Rose 🌹 (positive celebration or gratitude) my former training partner in powerlifting and a friend contacted me on Facebook! We had lost track of each other and had not spoken in 25 years! I gave him my phone number on messenger! He called and we talked for about an hour - and just got caught up on our lives since than! We both remember our kids were babies and toddlers and our wives! Our kids are in their 20’s now! We had such an interesting conversation about life and what’s going on in our families! It was so cool!

Thorn (worry or something weighing on you) I have to start driving soon! I usually start driving at 5 am and shutdown 5-7 pm! Starting a little late today cause shipper doesn’t open until 8 am! I dread driving when it’s dark! I like driving better when it’s daylight!

Bud (something you’re looking forward to) looking forward to a safe, productive day with more and more miles!
Old 04-23-2021, 02:25 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Rose 🌹 (positive celebration or gratitude) grateful to get a high milage load! 1,110 miles on next load! Going from Oklahoma City to Utah!

Thorn (worry or something weighing on you) worried this load may get split! Meaning while I’m currently on it, company might all of a sudden decide to have me drop it at a shorter distance! Then have other drivers take it to final destination! Also worried about weather! Deep South and Oklahoma expecting severe thunderstorms/tornadoes! Hopefully I’ll be out of Oklahoma towards Utah by the time that happens!

Bud (something you’re looking forward to) looking forward to safe driving with more and more miles! Which means more money 💰! Also looking forward to putting God in my life first! That comes before anything!
Old 04-24-2021, 03:05 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Rose 🌹 ( positive celebration, gratitude) grateful to get a shower 🚿 and shave 🪒 in at the truck stop last night! Grateful to chat with another driver for about an hour for socialization!

Thorn (worry or something weighing on you) worried that we may never see herd immunity with covid!

Bud (something you’re looking forward to) I’m in Colorado now! Looking forward to going into Wyoming and then into Utah! Only because it’s been a long time since I’ve been on those states!