Notices

What is your rose, thorn, and bud?

Old 03-15-2021, 05:16 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

How did your day go? How are you feeling today? Any outstanding resentments or fears you need to let go?

My rose 🌹 is I’m glad I found a place close to the shipper for tomorrow morning 05:00 appointment! I’m at rest area in Florence, KY! Then going to Chicago after shipper!

My thorn is I kind of dragged all day! Felt tired 💤 from lack of sleep!

My bud is I’m looking forward to being reliable and making sure I get to shipper by 05:00!
Old 03-16-2021, 04:31 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

My rose 🌹 is I’m grateful to be alive and well!

My thorn is my drinking past and just the way I was back in the day still plays peek a boo with me! Even though it’s been 28 years since I picked up a drink!

My bud is whatever may be in store for me in the future!
Old 03-18-2021, 03:21 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

My rose 🌹 is I’m grateful I have my sanity back!

My thorn is I’m working on getting rid of a resentment that happened yesterday! Disrespected and talked down to by someone at work yesterday! Is my resentment justifiable? Sure it is! But I also know alcoholics who want to remain sober and have a peace ✌️ of mind can’t afford to hang onto resentments, even justifiable resentments!

My bud is I’m looking forward to better days ahead!
Old 03-18-2021, 03:50 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I like this idea uncle holmes. Thank you for starting this thread.

My rose: my current sobriety, 7 weeks.
My thorn: anxiety about going to work, fear of overwhelm.
My bud: looking forward to warmer Spring weather, my favorite season.

Old 03-18-2021, 04:27 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by silversky View Post
I like this idea uncle holmes. Thank you for starting this thread.

My rose: my current sobriety, 7 weeks.
My thorn: anxiety about going to work, fear of overwhelm.
My bud: looking forward to warmer Spring weather, my favorite season.
Thanks silver! Yes I like the idea of this thread too because it seems to cover it all! We can express our celebrations and gratitude on the rose 🌹 and then on the thorn we can cut problems in half by expressing our worries or something weighing on us and then on the bud something to look forward to and hope! Congrats on 7 weeks!
Old 03-19-2021, 04:37 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

My rose 🌹 (positive celebration, gratitude) is Mrs Holmes made me an appointment to get my first covid vaccine shot on Mon, March 29 during my home time! Woohoo 🥳! I’m so happy to finally get it done! Yay 😀!

My thorn (worry or something weighing on you) is I got very angry 😡 and disappointed today when I noticed one of my mud flaps on my semi truck got stolen! It really angers me when people steal and do that kind of stuff! It makes me lose faith in humanity!

My bud (something you’re looking forward to) has to fall into the rose category! I’m looking forward to getting my first dose of the covid vaccine March 29th! I’m sceered 😱 of covid and I just want to feel more protected! If I had to guess, it will probably be moderna, which means I’ll get the second and final shot 4 weeks after the first one!
Old 03-19-2021, 05:11 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Rose ... well, I have many roses. I’ve been sober for a couple of years now; I don’t think about drinking much anymore, although I like to come lurk here. My eldest daughter’s mental health is stable and she’s thriving. I like my job. My husband’s cataract surgery went well and restored much of his sight. Also, he isn’t drinking as much as he used to.

Thorn ... I honestly can’t think of anything.

Bud ... we’re taking a month long road trip (maybe longer) this summer to escape the Houston heat. We’ll be heading to Colorado, New Mexico, and Arizona. (Higher altitude towns, where the temperatures are cooler.) I used to be into brew pubs when traveling, which sounds painfully boring now that I’ve discovered how awesome hiking through the mountains can be.
Old 03-20-2021, 06:39 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

My rose 🌹 (positive celebration or gratitude) is during my long drive today I listened to love songs and sad songs and I could really feel the emptiness, sadness, and loneliness inside! But you know what? I was ok with it! Not like back in the day when I had to drink over those feelings!

My thorn (worry or something weighing on you) is during my long drive I was thinking 🤔 about how destructive mankind and human nature really is! Like someday is it all going to end by us destroying each other?

My bud (something you’re looking forward to) is I’m going to enjoy this journey for as long as I can!
Old 03-20-2021, 07:14 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi uncle holmes. Congrats on getting your covid shot set up. Great news.

My rose: My loving dog, who keeps bouncing back from set backs.
My thorn: Struggling with managing my time better, productive time vs wasting time.
My bud: I look forward to working in the yard tomorrow, some spring clean up.

Old 03-21-2021, 05:38 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

My rose 🌹 (positive celebration or gratitude) is I’ve gotten better with acceptance!

My thorn (worry or something weighing on you) is just the world in general! Too many misconceptions and false beliefs!

My bud (something you’re looking forward to) is hopefully I can do my part to make the world 🌎 a better place!
Old 03-22-2021, 05:55 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

My rose 🌹 (positive celebration or gratitude) is I’ve been better at not letting people or things get in my way that would mess up my head in accomplishing the things that I need and want to get done!

My thorn (worry or something weighing on you) is I got too anxious on the phone 📱 today with Mrs Holmes about worrying on missing my covid shots when I get back home! I’m out of town 3.5 to 4 weeks at a time with home time 3 or 4 days a month because of my job and if something gets screwed up then my covid shots get screwed up! I just want it done right!

My bud (something you’re looking forward to) is I’m looking forward to more serene days!

Old 03-23-2021, 06:04 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

How are you feeling today? Are you ok? Are you holding onto any resentments and fears that you would like to share to get it out and make you feel better? And what about the good feelings? Tell us too about the wonderful things in your life!

My rose 🌹 (positive celebration or gratitude) is I’ve gotten a lot better at listening and respecting other people’s opinion!

My thorn (worry or something weighing on you) is it just seems like I got to work so long and hard without getting ahead the way I want to get ahead!

My bud (something you’re looking forward to) is I want to continue to do good with my sobriety!
Old 03-24-2021, 03:25 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

My rose 🌹 (positive celebration or gratitude) is I’m very tired 😓 but I still have the discipline to get through the work day!

My thorn (worry or something weighing on you) is the reason why I’m tired 😴 all the time is I only get 4-5 hrs of sleep every night! Nothing I can do about it! I’ve tried everything! It’s just how my body is! The only way I catch up on sleep is if I take a 34 hr reset while out on the road or during home time!

My bud (something you’re looking forward to) is I’m looking forward to being in good shape! Even as I get older and older!
Old 03-25-2021, 06:35 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

My rose 🌹 (positive celebration or gratitude). Grateful to have God in my life!

My thorn (Worry or something weighing on you). I got resentful and angry today cause the company I work for was giving me a bunch of low mileage runs with long wait times and lesser pay! I messaged them that this was bothering me! Better than holding it in and nothing done!

My bud (something you’re looking forward to). Is tomorrow is home time! Looking forward to Mrs Holmes wonderful cooking and time together!
Old 03-26-2021, 07:38 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

My rose (positive celebration or gratitude) is glad my dad gave me a text and I texted back!

My thorn (worry or something weighing on you) I wish I had better social skills and less anxiety around people!

My bud (something you're looking forward to) eating and going shopping with mrs holmes!
Old 03-27-2021, 04:27 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

My rose (positive celebration or gratitude) is I caught up on much needed sleep! Also mrs holmes and I finaly got together with a notary to get a document notarized in order to get ready to refinance our home to a lower mortgage rate! Had a hard time scheduling this due to my traveling for my job! After that mrs holmes and I went to sam's cub and meijer to stock up on water and food!

My thorn (worry or something weighing on you) is the morning started off with a bad note! I woke up and went to kitchen and me and mrs holmes had an argument! I said she's really been a (the "B" word) lately with all her picky rules lately and that it's getting too much! She agreed and said she has been a (the "B" word)! I set the record straight and told her to knock it off! She agreed! We both then hugged and made up! I then made amends (9th step) and said I'm sorry and I apologized)! The day went fantastic after that!

My bud (something you're looking forward to) is spending the rest of my life with mrs holmes!
Old 03-28-2021, 05:59 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

My rose (positive celebration or gratitude) is I had a sleeping marathon today and just stayed in the house; ate good, healthy food that mrs holmes cooked! And watched some of the Michigan basketball game as they beat Florida to advance in the tournament! Now maybe coach Howard can coach the football team!

My thorn (worry or something weighing on you) is I feel bad for my brother! I call him every Sunday and today he told me he has covid! But as of now he said he's not doing too bad and not coughing that much!

My bud (something you're looking forward to) is I'm getting my covid shot tomorrow! I really want to get vaccinated with both shots before I might catch covid!
Old 03-29-2021, 08:25 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

My rose 🌹 (positive celebration or gratitude) Grateful to get my first dose of the moderna covid vaccine! Also grateful for quality home time!

My thorn (worry or something weighing on you) Time to go back to work out on the road! I’ll be gone for a month! It’s always hard getting started!

My bud (something you’re looking forward to) Looking forward to making some money! But not before my sobriety, spirituality, and peace of mind! The latter always comes first!
Old 03-30-2021, 12:49 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

🌹 - Grateful to be spending my life with the woman I love

Thorn - Old temper problems are flaring up and I don't know why

Bud - Having a long weekend off work
Old 03-30-2021, 04:34 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

My rose 🌹 (positive celebration or gratitude) grateful to get some exercise (walking, jogging) in after a typical long day of driving! Haven’t done it in a week and I’ve been so tired! But it helps with my endurance and clears my head so I know I need to do it!

Thorn (worry or something weighing on you) I’ve been tired and down lately!

Bud (something you’re looking forward to) just want to be happy, healthy, and sober!