Notices

Class of January 2021

Old 01-03-2021, 07:19 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

It feels great when you do Puck! That's what I am really looking forward to. My face really bloats too. Its one on a long list of things I won't miss from drinking.

I just want a simple life!
Old 01-03-2021, 07:20 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PuckLuck View Post
I wonder how long it will be until I stop looking like a pufferfish.

Never happened until my mid 30s but alcohol makes my face blow up.

And good morning JoJo!
Same here. Just one day off and my belly feels a bit better. Going to hydrate and try to flush out the fluid retention. I think lemon in the water can help.
Old 01-03-2021, 07:24 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Good morning.

Another stellar sleep. Feels soooo good to sleep. When i was drinking sleep was really disjointed. The science of good sleep is so important. Day 9. I hope my body is repairing itself. I can only imagine what 90 days feels like if Day 9 feels this good. Clear head.
Old 01-03-2021, 07:25 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Hopefully we will all be lean and mean again right in time for Spring/Summer.

Old 01-03-2021, 07:34 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  
Hangovers Suck!

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I have never been a gamer, well, not unless you include Leisure Suit Larry.
This made me chuckle

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Just saying.....not ignoring all the posts about gaming and stuff, just no experience.
I do have lots of experience with watching sport and alcohol though.
I thought that was going to be very challenging, but it turned out to be awesome.
I am a big Aussie Rules Football fan, and I love it twice as much now that I am sober.
I can actually follow the games and remember them....
Took the family to OZ for 3+ weeks in 2009. Got to see an Australian Rules football game in Adelaide. It was fascinating how hard they play and hit with no pads on that huge oval! Even the referees put on an awesome show.

Old 01-03-2021, 07:52 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Back again, trying to work through my witching craving hr, just read a mood card which told me to reflect at a time i was challenged and to do what helped before, well that cant happen as gyms are closed so i am making a new challenge which im here writing and posting. maybe have to reach more into my toolbox as i know its early days.

there i go,least ive done what was asked of me. have good evening all x
Old 01-03-2021, 08:10 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
Same here. Just one day off and my belly feels a bit better. Going to hydrate and try to flush out the fluid retention. I think lemon in the water can help.
Hey Phoebe! Yeah, lemon and warm water is great. Green tea is great too. I have this tea tree face mask that has made my skin look detoxed and much better too. Body Shop I think!
Old 01-03-2021, 08:35 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JustJohn View Post
This made me chuckle

Took the family to OZ for 3+ weeks in 2009. Got to see an Australian Rules football game in Adelaide. It was fascinating how hard they play and hit with no pads on that huge oval! Even the referees put on an awesome show.
Gad you like our game John. s

I subscribe to my team in Melbourne (St Kilda Saints) so I have every game all year....last season was just so good....my team did very well, and my no 2 team won the whole shebang.

(Just by the way )
Old 01-03-2021, 09:30 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Hey all. I've been quietly lurking since the class opened and finally joining up. I'm at day 5. I've been in other classes (briefly) and have been in "trying to quit" mode for 5 years. My habit has been mostly secret so the shame is killing me. Here to be honest and accountable and to share in peer support.
Old 01-03-2021, 09:31 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WhiskeyBent View Post
Great idea. I have been listening to lots of podcast about this and that over the last few years. If im walking I might as well get smart. Any podcast recommendation that have to do with recovery?

I tried to look up AA meetings online but I couldnt get the Zoom feed going. I have never been to an AA meeting before. I like the idea of checking out one online. Just need to figure out the link zoom stuff.
The naked mind is a good one.
Old 01-03-2021, 09:38 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by silversky View Post
Hey all. I've been quietly lurking since the class opened and finally joining up. I'm at day 5. I've been in other classes (briefly) and have been in "trying to quit" mode for 5 years. My habit has been mostly secret so the shame is killing me. Here to be honest and accountable and to share in peer support.
Welcome back dear silversky! ❤️
Old 01-03-2021, 09:38 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by relena View Post
Thank you Dee.

I've been a gamer since I was little, but never got into WoW even though all my friends did. I remember back in '05 I saw the Leeroy Jenkins video and laughed so hard. I'm just imagining people drunk on their mics would get you kicked out of raids? Is that what they're called? I know my friends that did play took it so seriously.
Right now:

Ori - both of them
Doom eternal
Death Stranding (this one is weird)
Fortnite with my kid (I hate this)
Cyberpunk 2077 (hours can go by and you don't even realize it)
Old 01-03-2021, 09:39 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Erratic View Post
Back again, trying to work through my witching craving hr, just read a mood card which told me to reflect at a time i was challenged and to do what helped before, well that cant happen as gyms are closed so i am making a new challenge which im here writing and posting. maybe have to reach more into my toolbox as i know its early days.

How are you doing love?
Is it 5.30pm ish there now? s xx ❤️
Old 01-03-2021, 09:46 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Originally Posted by Gutcheck View Post
Right now:

Ori - both of them
Doom eternal
Death Stranding (this one is weird)
Fortnite with my kid (I hate this)
Cyberpunk 2077 (hours can go by and you don't even realize it)
Doom is fantastic. I enjoyed the one from 2016, too. I really want to try Cyberpunk 2077. I have a new gaming PC and I heard the visuals are amazing.
Old 01-03-2021, 09:47 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by silversky View Post

I’m on my 1st day! Only found this site this morning and been on it all afternoon reading people’s stories!
Old 01-03-2021, 09:48 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Hello lovely KezzaLou!!
Welcome to SR and to the group! s ❤️
Old 01-03-2021, 09:49 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Erratic View Post

The gym's being closed is HUGE isn't it? I would be there every night if not just to sit in the steam room. I am the same way 5-8PM for me. After 8, if I am still having issues I just go to bed. Every day I tell myself just be thankful you don't have daytime cravings. At least that is something. This pandemic has kicked my ass.
Old 01-03-2021, 09:50 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Thank you x
Old 01-03-2021, 09:54 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  
JJ9

Day 3- Feeling good! So far haven’t had any negative physical symptoms. Had a couple of strong but brief cravings and a bit of irritability (but that could have been circumstances irritating me too).

Erratic-hope you are getting through the witching hour. It will be worth it!

Warm lemon water and the green tea face mask sound awesome! I’m going to try to do the warm lemon water today and order some nice face masks.

Not much of a gamer but I have enjoyed some Call of Duty Zombies and found it extremely relaxing in the past. I’m a mom of adult children so I started playing with them when they were younger and kept playing on my own. Fun!

I love reading everyone’s updates and ideas. Have a great day everyone and stay strong!

Old 01-03-2021, 10:02 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

thanks gutcheck, venuscat, jj9 yeah its near 6 now venuscat, just having new soda drink just now and head to bed. i hear u gutcheck on your times, mine is 3-30 - 6pm for me, but can get cravings around lunch time depending on mood.good job on getting through ur time gut x good job on day3 JJ9 x when had bath i put on a charcoal and menthol mask on x even though im feeling clean im feeling alittle emotional and its only day 2! anyway will leave it there and put day 2 to rest x thanks for all ur support. x