Notices

Class of January 2021

Old 01-02-2021, 06:12 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Hi JoJo! s ❤️
Hi Venus! It’s nice to be back and hello to my friend James! I see lots of familiar faces and it’s encouraging.

Jo
Old 01-02-2021, 06:16 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

hockey is going to be a big trigger from me. I watch hockey, coach my sons hockey team and play mens league hockey. The after game beer is the sweeeetest beer of them all. I haven't figure that beer out yet. No hockey these days cause of Covid.

But I totally hear what you are saying. The Buffalo Bills are playing?.....time to go buy a case of beer. It was like breathing. I would equate the two so strongly. I need to undo some of those connections. Some will be easy some will be really hard.
Old 01-02-2021, 06:51 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Originally Posted by Jojo1965 View Post
Oh I love playing World of Warcraft! I’m not a very good player but I do enjoy it. My sons cringe when I ask for help. Lol

Jo
Haha! I love WoW. Been playing since 2004. Enjoying Classic WoW again and the new Shadowlands expansion. So much fun.
Old 01-02-2021, 07:21 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PuckLuck View Post
Haha! I love WoW. Been playing since 2004. Enjoying Classic WoW again and the new Shadowlands expansion. So much fun.
i think I started playing in 2008. I play well enough by myself and have never really mastered playing in groups and raids. I really like the Shadowlands expansion as it seems more user friendly for people like me. I started a new character because I was gone for so long I forgot how to play my existing characters and all my points had been reset. Lol I think WOW is going to help me over the next few difficult days of insomnia. I’ve never been able to play and drink so that’s a good thing. Drinking always ruined my fun. Go figure!
Old 01-02-2021, 08:00 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Jojo

I missed the bit about the Maton James - have you been playing long?

D
Old 01-02-2021, 08:03 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

i think I started playing in 2008. I play well enough by myself and have never really mastered playing in groups and raids. I really like the Shadowlands expansion as it seems more user friendly for people like me. I started a new character because I was gone for so long I forgot how to play my existing characters and all my points had been reset. Lol I think WOW is going to help me over the next few difficult days of insomnia. I’ve never been able to play and drink so that’s a good thing. Drinking always ruined my fun. Go figure!
Oh gosh, I hear you on the drinking and playing! It's not fun and then I would log into discord in a drunken stupor. I have actually gotten kicked out of guilds before for that.

So embarrassing lol
Old 01-02-2021, 08:04 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome Jojo

I missed the bit about the Maton James - have you been playing long?

D
Hello again Dee!
Old 01-02-2021, 08:07 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Originally Posted by WhiskeyBent View Post
hockey is going to be a big trigger from me. I watch hockey, coach my sons hockey team and play mens league hockey. The after game beer is the sweeeetest beer of them all. I haven't figure that beer out yet. No hockey these days cause of Covid.

But I totally hear what you are saying. The Buffalo Bills are playing?.....time to go buy a case of beer. It was like breathing. I would equate the two so strongly. I need to undo some of those connections. Some will be easy some will be really hard.
It's pretty sad that I hardly remember my team winning their first Stanley Cup because I was in a total blackout drinking a handle of vodka.
Old 01-02-2021, 08:26 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PuckLuck View Post
Oh gosh, I hear you on the drinking and playing! It's not fun and then I would log into discord in a drunken stupor. I have actually gotten kicked out of guilds before for that.

So embarrassing lol
Ohhhh dear.... thank you because that made me laugh and I needed it! Oh boy, what we do to ourselves and then the next morning lol
Old 01-02-2021, 08:32 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Originally Posted by WhiskeyBent View Post
Great idea. I have been listening to lots of podcast about this and that over the last few years. If im walking I might as well get smart. Any podcast recommendation that have to do with recovery?

I tried to look up AA meetings online but I couldnt get the Zoom feed going. I have never been to an AA meeting before. I like the idea of checking out one online. Just need to figure out the link zoom stuff.
If you go to wejoy.org, you can pull up hundreds of speakers based on gender, topic, etc. I'm female so I tend to listen to that gender but I've also listened to some pretty inspiring male speakers. Best wishes!
Old 01-02-2021, 08:39 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bandicoot2 View Post
If you go to wejoy.org, you can pull up hundreds of speakers based on gender, topic, etc. I'm female so I tend to listen to that gender but I've also listened to some pretty inspiring male speakers. Best wishes!
This is a great idea. I listen to podcasts when I work night shift. I’m working a night shift tonight and I will check this website out. I work in long term care and night shifts are extremely quiet. Tonight I am going to work on my plan. Reading everyone’s posts made me realize I need to make a plan.
Old 01-02-2021, 09:38 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

I've been eating nothing but soft foods. I have a crown on my lateral incisor, one of my front teeth. The old one fell out last year. The dentist had to create a new crown, and used "his technique" of what looked like him wrapping a ton of wire around the tiny fragment of tooth that is left over. I had a botched root canal when I was 16. So the new crown fell off 3 days after he let someone that wasn't a dentist, some kind of assistant put it on for me. I had to come back in and he did it himself that time. It's been about a year, and last week I noticed despite me being as careful as possible with this thing it's coming loose.

Which as he explained to me if that happens, not only will I be missing a front tooth, but my teeth are going to shift around to try to fill in that space. So I had braces on 2x for nothing. And corrective jaw surgery. He said my only option if this falls out will be an implant. I still haven't found a job. And if i'm missing a front tooth, there's no way I can go back to my career before the pandemic.

I'm just sitting here thinking about those photos the dentist showed Lisa in the Simpsons where her teeth get progressively more horrific.
Old 01-02-2021, 09:50 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope theres some other avenues for you Relena. I'd definitely try to see another dentist.

If there's a dental school in your town that may be an option too - I know letting students at your teeth is scary but the dental schools here are fully supervised and for me they did good work. I can;t imagine thats any different there than here.

you may find it just needs regluing or something, who knows?

D
Old 01-02-2021, 10:11 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I hope theres some other avenues for you Relena. I'd definitely try to see another dentist.

If there's a dental school in your town that may be an option too - I know letting students at your teeth is scary but the dental schools here are fully supervised and for me they did good work. I can;t imagine thats any different there than here.

you may find it just needs regluing or something, who knows?

D
There are 2 dental schools in my area, but neither of them do crowns/implants.

I want to see another dentist. It's difficult for me because it costs money I don't have just to talk to them. With no guarantee they can help me. I wish it would be as simple as gluing it back on, but there is only a tiny little fragment of tooth left from my old one. So there's nothing to glue on to. That's why he wrapped all the wire around it, trying to create an artificial post that the crown could cling to.
Old 01-02-2021, 11:02 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Ohhhh dear.... thank you because that made me laugh and I needed it! Oh boy, what we do to ourselves and then the next morning lol
Ain't that right!
Old 01-02-2021, 11:03 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you can work something out Relena

D
Old 01-02-2021, 11:35 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee.

I've been a gamer since I was little, but never got into WoW even though all my friends did. I remember back in '05 I saw the Leeroy Jenkins video and laughed so hard. I'm just imagining people drunk on their mics would get you kicked out of raids? Is that what they're called? I know my friends that did play took it so seriously.
Old 01-03-2021, 01:59 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning all x
wow gutcheck i havent met anyone else who is doing the same thing as me i am also member of the path! but this is mainly my home here as ive been here long time and they have stood by me over that years with help and understanding. i am on day 2 of the 30 day. so i hear u on whats your why!
thanks puckluck also hope u are ok today, i understand about depression as i suffer also, but hey ho thats why im on meds to deal with it and if kick this poison the meds will work properly xxx
so as i said im on day 2, but again im not going out to shops but least i have dressed today, was in my pjs all day yesterday and then had some dinner and then went and read in bed, never made it to the shower, however that will be part of my plan this evening or before, who knows. Oh and i had a lay in this morning!! very unsual for me as im a morning person lol.

anyway just wanted to check in this morn and will check back in later, really good to see so many new people again, sry if i dont mention much names, my memory is shot to crap so once i start writing a post i can almost certainly forget who i am normaly responding to x so hence just saying a couple of names x but here thinking of you all x have great day xx
Old 01-03-2021, 04:20 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Good morning Jannies!

im not really a gamer. I did get CATAN for the family Christmas game and we’ve played it twice. It’s a fun game.!

my son was a lucky recipient of the elusive and sold out PS5. His dad just lucked out a few weeks before Xmas. My son is 13 and is always playing something on his phone or console. It worries me in some ways because he doesn’t really show real interest in anything else. But... with Covid... there are no sports etc going on.

I come from the ATARI and Pac-Man generation. I sure liked going to the arcade!

well, I’m about to start the day. No real craving to speak of for the poison. I start back up to work tomorrow and although it’s not a stressful job, the “routine” was sometimes to pick up a bottle of wine on the way home or to crack open a beer when I got home.

gotta keep that exercise schedule instead. It’s always those two hours during the work week. 5-7pm.

looking forward to getting to know people in the class a bit more this week. Lots of praise from the SR veterans has me feeling supported but overwhelmed with who is a newbie and starting fresh.

heres to day 3 ahead.
have a good one.

B
Old 01-03-2021, 04:56 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! Day 8 for me and going strong. Been out walking five or six miles everyday and it is having such a positive impact on my anxiety. I am feeling loads better than I have for ages.

Will check in again later but really pleased to be a January member!! ❤️