View Single Post
Old 01-02-2021, 09:38 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
relena

I've been eating nothing but soft foods. I have a crown on my lateral incisor, one of my front teeth. The old one fell out last year. The dentist had to create a new crown, and used "his technique" of what looked like him wrapping a ton of wire around the tiny fragment of tooth that is left over. I had a botched root canal when I was 16. So the new crown fell off 3 days after he let someone that wasn't a dentist, some kind of assistant put it on for me. I had to come back in and he did it himself that time. It's been about a year, and last week I noticed despite me being as careful as possible with this thing it's coming loose.

Which as he explained to me if that happens, not only will I be missing a front tooth, but my teeth are going to shift around to try to fill in that space. So I had braces on 2x for nothing. And corrective jaw surgery. He said my only option if this falls out will be an implant. I still haven't found a job. And if i'm missing a front tooth, there's no way I can go back to my career before the pandemic.

I'm just sitting here thinking about those photos the dentist showed Lisa in the Simpsons where her teeth get progressively more horrific.