Notices

Miserable. I cannot stop.

Old 06-09-2020, 12:42 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Great result Keep on going
Old 06-09-2020, 12:45 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Well done, butterfly. That's how ya do it! Sounds like a lovely day.
Old 06-09-2020, 04:58 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well done PinkButterfly

D
Old 06-09-2020, 05:33 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Made it 24 hours and I’m feeling so grateful!! Today was a good day. I’m feeling a little anxious because my mother in law is about to leave and my husband won’t be home until after midnight because of his drive...so I’ll be alone after the kids go down. But I have my crochet ready to go, planning to watch a little Netflix and have a fun new herbal tea to try while I do...do I sound like an old woman? Haha I feel confident I can do this and wake up tomorrow sober!
Old 06-09-2020, 05:56 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

24 hours - wonderful news Very proud of you for getting there. You're doing all the right things.
Old 06-09-2020, 06:14 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I've lived alone for most of my adult life.

I haven't drank for 24 years of that.

You can make it tonight, honest! Go to bed sober and early if you can. Your husband can wake you up when he gets home.
Old 06-09-2020, 07:22 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

no, you don’t sound any particular age or gender; just sound very much like a person intending to be well
Old 06-10-2020, 04:11 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Made it through the night. I slept relatively well with the exception of slight insomnia and some night sweats, my husband made it home and I was able to get up and feed the baby when. He woke without feeling like I may pass out! I’m up feeding him again now and my shakes are gone, my head feels clearer than it has in weeks...I feel so hopeful and motivated!
Old 06-10-2020, 04:39 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Yay! Well done pinkbutterfly! I am in my final trimester of pregnancy and I continue to come to the forums to remind me of my intention to stay sober after bub arrives. Even though I have a plan in place to do so, I still naturally feel a bit anxious about my ability to stay sober and this thread has been a good reinforcer of how important this is. So, thank you for sharing your experiences and I am so glad to see that you are feeling better.
Keep up with the long-term planning to avoid the drink. My doctor knows about my addiction, my fears about postpartum life and my plans to stay sober. So does my husband and my close friends. For me, this accountability is a huge part of my recovery plan. Best wishes, I hope you keep us posted with more good news!
Old 06-10-2020, 05:08 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

So pleased to read this, well done.

Stay alert though as sometimes feeling better can be another trigger, av starts telling us things weren't that bad and a little drink won't hurt blah blah. All lies obviously.

Keep it up Pink
Old 06-10-2020, 07:26 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Well done, butterfly.

Onward through day two.

Continuous sober time is the way out of this mess. The FIRST drink is the one that causes the trouble. That first drink is the one to avoid and everything else falls in place.

Every morning I say to myself, "Thank you for another day sober." Six years on, it's still my first intention of the day.
Old 06-10-2020, 10:34 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Such great news, Butterfly! You will continue to feel better and better each day. Sending lots of support to you.
Old 06-10-2020, 06:47 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Made it to the end of day two without a drink and if ever a day made me want to drink it was today! I’m still struggling to figure out life as a mom of two and today was just hard. My 2 year old is still figuring out her sweet new role as a big sister and was really acting out and being difficult and the baby refused to nap and wanted to be fed all day long. My husband is working from home but does actually have to work so I can’t always ask for help just because he is there. Anyways, whew I am tired but grateful in a way because I was so busy putting out fires with my littles today I had little time to dwell on anxiety or my symptoms or wanting a drink!

picked up Mexican from our favorite spot tonight and am tag teaming bedtime with my husband and planning to eat that while watching Netflix with him then go to bed! Thanks again for all encouragement. Today was a hard but good day and I’m hopeful for tomorrow. Excited to wake up sober!
Old 06-10-2020, 06:54 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Originally Posted by pinkbutterfly20 View Post
Made it to the end of day two without a drink and if ever a day made me want to drink it was today! I’m still struggling to figure out life as a mom of two and today was just hard. My 2 year old is still figuring out her sweet new role as a big sister and was really acting out and being difficult and the baby refused to nap and wanted to be fed all day long. My husband is working from home but does actually have to work so I can’t always ask for help just because he is there. Anyways, whew I am tired but grateful in a way because I was so busy putting out fires with my littles today I had little time to dwell on anxiety or my symptoms or wanting a drink!

picked up Mexican from our favorite spot tonight and am tag teaming bedtime with my husband and planning to eat that while watching Netflix with him then go to bed! Thanks again for all encouragement. Today was a hard but good day and I’m hopeful for tomorrow. Excited to wake up sober!
Well done, Pink!! You got this.
Old 06-10-2020, 07:32 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

“hard but good day”
how cool is that? getting through hard days and deeming it good is priceless!
Old 06-10-2020, 07:33 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Pinkbutterfly, it sounds like you really do want to be sober and you are heading towards a good foundation.

I’m not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but it may be a good idea to think about what you will do when you do have time to think about and crave a drink. Keeping busy is a good tool to use, but it’s not always sustainable.

I think you’re doing great so far glad you’ll wake up sober tomorrow and ready for the day.
Old 06-10-2020, 08:56 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

This thread makes me so happy and keep up the great work! Truly just focus on one day at a time. When I over think things I get in trouble. Don’t put too much pressure on yourself and stay close- we can always help!
Old 06-10-2020, 11:33 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

You are doing an amazing job, well done!
Old 06-11-2020, 06:23 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

You are doing amazing. I'm proud of you.
Old 06-11-2020, 06:36 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

We are always here...someone will always answer you butterfly. We're in this with you.

Hard days are just hard days. They happen to everyone.

You're doing this two-kid thing. It takes practice!

Well done on heading into Day Three.