Notices

Miserable. I cannot stop.

Old 06-13-2020, 02:42 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

4 days!! I am sleeping so much better and my shakes are gone. Last night my cravings were intense because it was Friday night and we usually make margaritas, but I just sipped on a Diet Coke and that helped it feel like a treat still! Taking it one day at a time!
Old 06-13-2020, 02:59 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Well done on day 4 and getting through Friday night
Old 06-13-2020, 05:38 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Yay, butterfly.

You're doing so well! It's going to keep getting better for you and your babies.

Keep it going. You're going to be so proud of yourself. Welcome to Day Four (or Five?)
Old 06-13-2020, 06:49 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

You are doing great. I found jigsaw puzzles and fantasy fiction really helpful when cravings hit in early sobriety. Get a list of distraction ideas ready, and premium favorite ice cream for defcon 4 cravings. Other things might be adult coloring books, making a journal entry, or doing your nails. The cravings will pass quickly—usually 20 minutes or less- and you can stay on track with more than willpower
Old 06-13-2020, 08:15 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

I had intense post partum depression and severe anxiety after my second. I actually stopped drinking in the hope it would help, but I would have done anything to feel better. I am glad to hear you are seeing someone because it can be serious. Was for me.

Re cravings, it sounds silly, but what helped me with an intense carving was to DO something to break it. I would twirl around a few times.

Old 06-14-2020, 06:08 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hi pinkbutterfly. Hope your Saturday was good too. Is it workable for there to be no Friday night margaritas or other similar rituals in your house for the time being? That would have been impossible for me early on. I hope this morning finds you sober, calm and healthy.
Old 06-14-2020, 10:36 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Surrendered19 View Post
Hi pinkbutterfly. Hope your Saturday was good too. Is it workable for there to be no Friday night margaritas or other similar rituals in your house for the time being? That would have been impossible for me early on. I hope this morning finds you sober, calm and healthy.

yes I was able to finally talk to my husband about all that is going on and he was so supportive! So no more alcohol in the house for now and we are having soft drinks or sparkling water with limes for now on Fridays!

thankful for 5 days sober nearly 6!
Old 06-14-2020, 10:36 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

yes I was able to finally talk to my husband about all that is going on and he was so supportive! So no more alcohol in the house for now and we are having soft drinks or sparkling water with limes for now on Fridays!

thankful for 5 days sober nearly 6!

Old 06-14-2020, 02:56 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Wonderful news, pinkbutterfly. I'm so happy to see your positive attitude - and that your husband was supportive. Congrats on your almost 6 days.
Old 06-14-2020, 03:19 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad that things are going so well.
Old 06-14-2020, 08:23 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

This is such great news to read, Pink Butterfly! Keep it up because it gets easier as more time goes by!
Old 06-14-2020, 11:25 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Yay well done you. Sounds like you have a wonderful husband too.
Old 06-15-2020, 12:10 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Pink butterfly, things seem like they are going great! Keep it up. I am just a day or 2 behind you! Lets do it together!
Old 06-15-2020, 03:44 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

So wonderful to hear that you have your husband with you on this journey! Keep up the good work!
Old 06-15-2020, 04:21 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Back to day one. I’m so upset with myself and so discouraged. We went over to a neighbors house last night for a bbq and I had a few drinks. I think I got over confident and felt like I could just slip back in and it not be a big deal...not true. I need to avoid all situations like that one for now, or be more honest with myself and my husband that I really can’t drink right now at all, I just don’t know how to have one drink.
Old 06-15-2020, 05:22 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Yeah, you and me can't have just one or two pinkbutterfly. That's just not how we roll at all. I hope you don't feel too rough this morning. Chalk yesterday up to a learning experience. Take care of yourself today, take a breath, eat whatever you want, stay hydrated and then let's get back to it. Remember every person with a thousand days sober has a day one. Mind your AV today as it will start its usual nonsense "well we drank yesterday, so just do it today, we can get some relief, then start tomorrow." Don't fall for that $hy+.
Old 06-15-2020, 05:32 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Yeah, you and me can't have just one or two pinkbutterfly. That's just not how we roll at all. I hope you don't feel too rough this morning. Chalk yesterday up to a learning experience. Take care of yourself today, take a breath, eat whatever you want, stay hydrated and then let's get back to it. Remember every person with a thousand days sober has a day one. Mind your AV today as it will start its usual nonsense "well we drank yesterday, so just do it today, we can get some relief, then start tomorrow." Don't fall for that $hy+.
thank you for the encouragement. I do feel really down and discouraged but I want this so bad. I want to be sober and free of this burden for myself and my family, especially my precious babies! The support here is so encouraging which is why I keep coming back! Thank you surrendered!
Old 06-15-2020, 06:52 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hey Pink. Yeah, that's always the lesson isn't it? I am the same and it's taken me so long to accept that I can't moderate in any way shape or form.

You managed to get a few sober days in there though, which is a brilliant start and I was so happy to read that your husband has been so supportive. It's just figuring out a plan now of what will work for you and listening out for your AV telling you lies. You can do it! Keep in the positive. Gabe x
Old 06-15-2020, 07:11 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

None of us on this site are moderate drinkers. We tried that, every one of us did.

From the first paragraph of Chapter 3 in AA's Big Book, "Alcoholics Anonymous"

Most of us have been unwilling to admit we were real alcoholics. No person likes to think he is bodily and mentally different from his fellows. Therefore, it is not surprising that our drinking careers have been characterized by countless vain attempts to prove we could drink like other people. The idea that somehow, someday he will control and enjoy his drinking is the great obsession of every abnormal drinker. The persistence of this illusion is astonishing. Many pursue it into the gates of insanity or death.
https://www.aa.org/assets/en_US/en_bigbook_chapt3.pdf

linked by permission AA World Services Inc

The book is free and available in full to read online.

I think squashing that idea of having one or two has to be the First Step.

Last edited by Dee74; 06-16-2020 at 03:17 AM. Reason: copyright requirement
Old 06-15-2020, 08:38 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Don't give up pinkbutterfly. What lies ahead with you and your kids is SO worth it!