Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

If this weekend was like others - Weekenders 29 May - 01 June 2020

Notices

If this weekend was like others - Weekenders 29 May - 01 June 2020

Old 05-29-2020, 06:13 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Friday. I'd say happy Friday, but it's hard to be happy when cities are in utter chaos 35 miles from me. I know people who live in the neighborhoods in Minneapolis and Saint Paul that are affected. Everyone is ok, but they are scared. News reporters are on TV in tears. It's simply awful.

In nicer news, I might actually get out in the kayak to go fishing tomorrow. Weather will be a bit cool, but it won't be raining.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:21 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hi All
I am in, and like you Marty quite dismayed at what’s going on.

I have a very old sick kitty I think will pass soon so going to concentrate on that and planting in my garden. I’ve also been working jigsaw puzzles lately which is soothing and good for the brain.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:31 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Aw, Hawk, sorry about your kitty...I have an elderly one too...I've been mentally preparing for a while, but there is no pain quite like losing a pet.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:20 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

(((Hawkeye))) ❤️❤️
Old 05-29-2020, 07:35 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hawkeye, sorry about your kitty.

It’s very tragic what is happening in Minneapolis. Prayers for all affected.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:50 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

(((Hawkeye))). I am sorry to read about your kitty and your’s too, Bim.

Hope you get to enjoy that kayak g and fishing, MLD.

The situation in Minneapolis is very frightening. The Governor is about to speak soon. Prayers for peace, healing and meaningful change.

Good to hear that you are feeling better, Kaily. Prayers for your Dad; must be difficult to have that uncertainty and fear hanging both of your heads.

Good McGuff Lane music, there, Bim.

Looking forward to watching the manned space launch planned for tomorrow and its eventual docking with the ISS.

Hope that you can schedule some good vary and celebration plans soon, MesaMan.

Mags, andyh, CityBoy, Sao, Mamatembo, PhoenixJ, least, CanadianKoala, Harriett, all.

Another Weekend is here. Let’s go soberly.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:58 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hawkeye and Bimini, yea, we have two elderly dogs. Both are sweeties and I can't even think about loosing them.

The Minneapolis thing, the whole thing is very sad.

Old 05-29-2020, 08:06 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Suze

❤️
Old 05-29-2020, 08:17 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hi sweetheart.....just looked at what happened overnight in Minneapolis. OMG. How can you not cry?
Old 05-29-2020, 09:36 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Thoughts to all those in Minneapolis, just horrendous.

Make every second count for those elderly pets, it is absolutely heartbreaking when they get old and the time comes to say goodbye. I recently went through it having lost my dog Matilda in March at the grand old age of 19. I miss her very much.

Not the best pic but swimming today.

Old 05-29-2020, 09:50 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Oh so cute.....and it's an awesome pic!!! ❤️
Old 05-29-2020, 10:14 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders Mamatemba!

It is very disheartening to watch what happened and is happening in Minneapolis, the video of the original incident was too awful for words.

Best wishes to your elderly moggie Hawkeye.

The news bulletin on my local radio station, which is often somewhat eclectic in its choice of stories finished with a local man who was convinced that aliens from outer space were breeding with humans in order to take over the world. He was a little vague on some aspects so I was not totally convinced but you heard it here first.
Old 05-29-2020, 10:37 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Sao

Hopefully things will settle a little in Minneapolis now that the main cop has been arrested. No word on the charges yet, and that matters a lot, too. I fear there are many bad players involved in the rioting and looting at this point, and they are having quite the spree. It might not matter much to them what is happening with the case. I know it is a small minority of the people who started out protesting who turned the whole thing violent. I just pray that cooler heads prevail soon. My man friend usually works in downtown St. Paul (he's home officing still) and the building he works in had several broken windows on the ground level. He works on the 9th level. There's not a ton of damage in the downtown area of St. Paul yet, but he's certainly in no hurry to head back to working from the office with all this going on.
Old 05-29-2020, 10:39 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about your kitty, Hawkeye. I hope he or she passes peacefully. I have two cats who are getting up there in years. They are ok for now, but I'm already dreading saying goodbye to either one of them. They are such a big part of my life and I love them both dearly.
Old 05-29-2020, 10:52 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

I am so disheartened by how much hate has been fostered in our nation. I am not surprised that it is being expressed during these already stressful times.

We have had several cats die here. One giant tabby we found at PetSmart--he was crammed in a tiny cage and looked so pitiful. He was a sweetheart, a bit simple, and we gave him a good life. Then one day we just found him dead on the porch, no clues as to what happened. We have a senior cat now whose hips are failing, but he keeps trudging.

I chaired an AA meeting the other day, and read from the Big Book about living in the solution (top of p. 417). For me right now the solution means getting away from Facebook and climbing the ladder to paint the house. So off to work I go!
Old 05-29-2020, 11:00 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I'm sorry about Matilda, Kaily. I was wondering if she had crossed the Rainbow Bridge since she has been missing from your stories and pics.

I'm hanging on to hope that we all will be reunited after this existence ends. No way to know, of course.
Old 05-29-2020, 11:11 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Thanks Bim I have been too upset to say anything until now.
Old 05-29-2020, 11:12 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Something a little lighter than riots and thoughts of loosing pets, especially for those who have trouble with squirrels raiding the bird feeders, or those with pet squirrels (Venus).

https://digg.com/video/man-vs-squirr...of-bird-feeder
Old 05-29-2020, 11:44 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

SQUIRREL!!

I even logged in to YT so I could subscribe. Thanks for that, CB. I haven't laughed so hard for a while!

That guy has too much time on his hands and his dad is thinking, I paid how much for that college education??

Awesome.
Old 05-29-2020, 12:31 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I loved the video and especially Fantastic Gus, thanks Cityboy brilliant.

I remember Sao mentioned doing a nut test with the squirrels in the park. Wonder if it was walnuts that came out on top? Think it might of been hazelnuts..