Notices

Going to Do It & Become a Didit

Old 07-03-2020, 07:55 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

didit,
good to hear from you here...and it IS all about you, which is as it “should” be in your own thread

over the years, i have noticed a lot of people drop off in posting after the initial novel sobriety, and often they don’t come back, or come back after relapse.

i believe that it serves most of us better to have an ongoing engagement with others on a site like this, or in “real life”, or both, rather than wait til things get bad. has been my experience, anyway, of what i could finally make wirk for me. i think if i left it until i felt i “needed” it, i might not do it at all.

so i admire people who know when they need some connection and then reach out, as you have done. you might find, though, that if you connect more steadily, it is not so difficult to speak of vulnerabilities when they crop up, or feelings of weakness.

you don’t sound weak to me at ALL!
you sound like a person who recently got sober and is getting hit by life as it really is. at a rather unusual time, to add. extra challenging. and you sound like a person who is assembling a toolbox, so to speak, and using the ones she has.
strength as the main or only tool, i found, was not only highly overrated but i couldn’t make that work for any length of time with regards to drinking.

keep going, stay connected.
Old 07-04-2020, 02:58 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
we're recovering from years of ill treatment to body and mind - the mood swings, the irritability and the bouts of despair are all pretty normal and I think it's our minds and bodies healing.
Thank you Dee. I am seeing what you are saying. I know my brain has a lot of healing to do, it shuts off once in awhile after an overload Sometimes I will see an actor on tv in a movie, and I can't even think of their name, even though I know it. Scary sometimes the forgetfulness that comes over when I am tired.
I've hurt my insides too, they definitely need to heal, I am seeing progress with that, but I have a lot more healing to do.

Originally Posted by fini View Post
you might find, though, that if you connect more steadily, it is not so difficult to speak of vulnerabilities when they crop up, or feelings of weakness.
Posting yesterday really helped, and I posted today in the May thread where we are in the same time frame quit wise and here again in this thread. It does help, it brings me out of my shell I have been in. I can see being quiet is not a good thing right now.

Old 07-04-2020, 05:59 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It was always very difficult for me to speak up too, didit. But in this case it's imperative - and I'm so glad you wanted to talk about how you've been feeling.
You'll go through many phases as you heal - please be patient with yourself. In early recovery we're exhausted from all we've put ourselves through. You're doing an amazing thing. Congratulations on your 6 wks.