Notices

We could write a book - WEEKENDERS 17 - 20 January 2020

Old 01-16-2020, 02:44 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post
Thanks Lovely Mags. I always look forward to to Thursdays xxx

Red thats awesome, youre doing really well. What a lovely birthday treat for you. Mine is on the friday, we are almost twins xxx

I had a really awful note put in my letter box from a neighbour telling me to keep my cats inside as they have seen them 3 times this week ???
They didnt sign it but it was full of !!!!!!! And undelines.

Im actually feeling really depressed about it. Ive kept the cats l9cked inside all day and they are going stir crazy.

Why do people have to be so hateful,.

We always laugh because our cats always come inside to use their litter trays.
Im scared they will hurt them . Pretty sure its next door who cut down my wisteria. Threw it all back over our fence .

Im a really friendly person. If you come and have a chat, ill sort it out. Now im just feeling so much hatred in the pit of my tummy and dont know how to handle it. I dont like confrontation. Now i feel sad & this is the sort of stuff that used to trigger me to drink.

I dont feel like doing that though.

Sigh xxx
That sounds horrible! I can't imagine having the cats locked inside all day, our cats do whatever they want and get in fights will all the neighbourhood cats. I hope you will be OK.

And yes you are an Aquarian, a little birdie told Me the other day that you were..they thought that I must surely be one too but I'm only ever so slightly off, like by 1.5 hours so I carry aquarian traits but am capricorn...my mother and sister are also Capricorns which makes for an interesting household lol
So happy birthday for next Friday..
Old 01-16-2020, 02:59 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Magsie

Red look forward to seeing your pics from the weekend.

willow yes still at hospital. Gotta wait two hours after the injections and make sure I’m having no side effects. Should be going soon hopefully. It’s so busy in here and hot!
Old 01-16-2020, 03:04 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
Red look forward to seeing your pics from the weekend.

willow yes still at hospital. Gotta wait two hours after the injections and make sure I’m having no side effects. Should be going soon hopefully. It’s so busy in here and hot!
Did you have an asthma attack?
Old 01-16-2020, 03:39 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm in, Thanks Mags!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
xTAFFY_010320A.JPG (75.1 KB, 59 views)
Old 01-16-2020, 04:14 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Snake!
In for the weekend, thanks for the thread Mags!
Old 01-16-2020, 04:34 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Magsie

Red, no asthma attack, just a new asthma treatment they started me on Injections. They’re to help the allergies I have too, it’s all linked apparently.

Willow I’m back home now. I’m pleased to say.

Hi lunar, beautiful snake.
Old 01-16-2020, 05:14 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

What a beautiful snake Lunar.
Ive known a few in my time
Old 01-16-2020, 06:38 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I'm in!

Good luck at the wedding, Red. I know what you mean about not drinking but still struggling. I have had times like that. I don't drink and I won't, but that doesn't mean that events like weddings or other big parties are not still a struggle of sorts. For me, it's a feeling of being trapped, especially if I'm the designated driver. I like to be able to go to things like that for a short time and then leave, but sometimes it's not possible. I have to figure out ways to not get super annoyed and anxious. It's hard. Usually I'll find ways to go for short walks or at least find a quiet place to hide for a while.

Nice to see you, Lunar. Gorgeous snake. That reminds me of something that happened on my trip to Belize. I went on an excursion to a cave that was a site of Mayan human sacrifice (ATM Cave, look it up, it was AMAZING). On the way back from the cave we were hiking on a jungle path, and I was in the lead. I was walking along looking at the ground (a smart thing to do in the jungle) and stopped just short of stepping on a small snake. I pointed it out to our guide, and he said not to get any closer to it, as he was pretty sure it was a "jumping viper." Pretty venomous. I am not afraid of snakes, in general, but I know what's venomous here in the states, not so much in Central America. I did get some goosebumps realizing I could have been pretty messed up if it had bitten me. I did look it up later, and I do believe it was a jumping viper. Sure looked like one.
Old 01-16-2020, 06:44 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Jumping viper:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J83pQQjJa2Q
Old 01-16-2020, 06:46 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Oh - and as for the OP: I'm a big one for referring to my life as a story, or book. I'm writing some pretty interesting new chapters these days.

Take a look at my signature:
Old 01-16-2020, 06:59 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Sorry to be so chatty this morning! But I just read the last little bit of last week's thread and I can answer a couple of questions. My son is most likely going to college not far from here, at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis. He got accepted there already (they want him to be in the honors program!) and he doesn't seem enthusiastic about even applying anywhere else. He got letters and e-mail from just about everywhere inviting him to apply (Yale, Harvard, Princeton even) but I think he wants to stay fairly close to here. It's a good school (I went there, too) and they have an excellent physics/astrophysics program. He wants to be a cosmologist. So, I'm hoping to be able to see him fairly often. But I know how it can go - he will get there, make friends, get busy, and find it difficult to make the short journey home.
Old 01-16-2020, 11:31 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

We could write a book, but who would read it?

IN for living in the moment without alcohol.

Old 01-16-2020, 12:41 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
saoutchik

In!

Thanks for the OP Mags. Any new pages will be more interesting than lying around drunk or hungover. I hope those injections make a difference.

Enjoy the wedding Red.

Snoozy, that's really creepy about the letter. Hang on to it in case they do anything. No one gets that agitated by cats unless they have some sort of personality issues.

I like the way the narrator said if the jumping pit viper is in a "bad mood" Are snakes moody?

I am still in Amsterdam. I spent the day in Rotterdam and the Europoort to the west. Below is Rotterdam's Euromast.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20200116_204241.jpg (28.4 KB, 55 views)
Old 01-16-2020, 01:34 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Don’t apologise for being chatty Marty it’s nice to read your posts. I’m not sure I like the sound of a jumping viper We have plenty of venomous snakes in Australia, but they don’t jump! Eeek!
The video creeped me out enough, it seems like an aggressive snake...

I’m not a huge fn of snakes but I don’t mind them at a distance. Lunar, that’s a very pretty snake

Mags I’m glad they let you go home

Red I look forward to seeing some bush pics too!

Friday morning here and I’m off to work, see you all later
Old 01-16-2020, 03:36 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I’m in, so happy to see this thread!!! Three day weekend is so needed. I’ll probably cry all weekend. I know no big changes in the first year, but tonight I realized the only way to heal from years of hurt in my relationship is to end it. I can’t do it anymore. It’s going to hurt like hell but I’m hurt on a weekly basis and if I get out I can maybe heal for once from all of it. Not planning on relying on alcohol to cope. I have to deal with this with a clear head and feel all the emotions.
Old 01-16-2020, 03:50 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mariposa View Post
I’m in, so happy to see this thread!!! Three day weekend is so needed. I’ll probably cry all weekend. I know no big changes in the first year, but tonight I realized the only way to heal from years of hurt in my relationship is to end it. I can’t do it anymore. It’s going to hurt like hell but I’m hurt on a weekly basis and if I get out I can maybe heal for once from all of it. Not planning on relying on alcohol to cope. I have to deal with this with a clear head and feel all the emotions.
I feel for you and I can totally understand.. I can't talk as I keep chickening out myself but you can't fully heal until the thing that doesn't work is gone..
Have you decided when you will go or is it just a realization at the moment?
Old 01-16-2020, 03:54 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Courage, mariposa.

Be kind to yourself, take gentle care.
Old 01-16-2020, 04:16 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Red78 View Post
I'm in for this weekend again.. I will be going to my 1st wedding sober, my cousins wedding and I am sober driving! These people, my cousins and family are people I have travelled with, 1 is my best friend and ex wine buddy and we have all had many nights drinking together, so should be a great challenge for me.. The wedding is where they filmed the elven kingdom Rivendell in Lord of the rings and it is a super beautiful location.

Also it is my bday on Monday so after the wedding, which is an overnighter as it's 2 hours from home, we will go Bush somewhere else and hike overnight, I'm so excited to be getting away from civilization, from hotels to huts and long drops, I love it...

And this is writing in those blank pages of my sober book and I love it!
Hope you have a great weekend. My kid and his cousins would kill to see a couple of pictures of Rivendale. A friend who was in NZ sent me some pictures of Hobbiton a few years ago and they all loved them.
Old 01-16-2020, 07:17 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
Courage, mariposa.

Be kind to yourself, take gentle care.
Ditto.
Old 01-16-2020, 07:24 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
I'm glad that just about all we have are garder snakes...

This place is not far from me...

https://youtu.be/-jTxiWmSpk8