SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   We could write a book - WEEKENDERS 17 - 20 January 2020 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/445052-we-could-write-book-weekenders-17-20-january-2020-a.html)

Mags1 01-15-2020 11:09 PM

We could write a book - WEEKENDERS 17 - 20 January 2020

:welcome

Welcome to the Weekenders

If I were to write a book many of my pages would be sealed. They would be ‘before booze’ life. Some parts are best forgotten.

Similar to the rear view window.

What would be revealed though are many many empty pages, waiting for words to be adorned on them.

https://i.postimg.cc/NMQq9sqW/0-E129...1-D8-E5846.jpg

This is my ‘after booze’ life. I realise I can choose the words to be written to some extent.

This can be a marvellous part of my book, full of hope for what lies ahead.

In VMan’s pic on the mountains I see hope, freedom, contentment and anticipation of what to come. All qualities for our sober future. (Thanks VMan for okaying to share)

https://i.postimg.cc/MZP2HJsF/F8-AAD...-C09-B0190.jpg

I realise we can’t chose everything in life but choosing sobriety gives us an opportunity to re-write our days ahead to enjoy our lives the best we can.

https://i.postimg.cc/FRGt0Mh1/E3174-...4-F2-F5-C9.jpg

If this is your first weekend sober, or many, come join us for support and chat...as we know the weekends can be a struggle sometimes.

(Psst. We’re not just here to talk about the good stuff, if you’re struggling.....shout out).
(We’re here all week too!) :)

"You can suffer the pain of change or suffer remaining the way you are." - Joyce Meyer

Willow00 01-15-2020 11:12 PM

Thanks Mags! I’m in :)
Shotgun! :) :)

These are truly beautiful photos.
And what a beautiful idea that our sober future is a blank canvas, or blank pages in our book of our life, that we can fill with whatever wonderful experiences we choose to have in our sober future ❤️

Mags1 01-15-2020 11:15 PM

Woohoo! Congratulations on Shotgun Willow :)

Willow00 01-15-2020 11:18 PM

Thanks Mags :) :)
I’m having a happy day today :)

theVman31 01-15-2020 11:20 PM

Thanks Mags.
Can very much associate with the OP.
I think of the film eternal sunshine... often and ponder if only I could erase some memories but seen as I cant I close the book. That was then.
I like the quote.
Roll on today and the future 😁

Hello Willow :wavey:

Later

jr67 01-15-2020 11:30 PM

[QUOTE=Mags1;7359993][B]:welcome

I realise we can’t chose everything in life but choosing sobriety gives us an opportunity to re-write our days ahead to enjoy our lives the best we can.

Get me re-write!

Willow00 01-15-2020 11:40 PM

Hi Vinny :wavey:

Willow00 01-15-2020 11:41 PM

[QUOTE=jr67;7360008]

Originally Posted by Mags1 (Post 7359993)
[B]:welcome

Get me re-write!

Me too JR :)
We can write a much better future sober than it would have been if we had continued to drink

SnazzyDresser 01-15-2020 11:45 PM

I often like to imagine that I'm a provocative artiste type but instead of splattering paint onto canvas, I express myself by thrashing around in the world doing and saying things, causing trouble and whatnot, aka interacting in the physical world with other human beings.

Dee74 01-16-2020 12:16 AM

Thanks Mags :)

D

PhoenixJ 01-16-2020 12:38 AM

Interesting theme that..

I use this already- in the form of 'pre-burns' and 'after burns'.

It amounts to the same thing- excepting my entrance to recovery was a tad more dramatic than a lot of peoples.

Grateful to be here.

andyh 01-16-2020 01:17 AM

thanks Mags :)

Red78 01-16-2020 01:19 AM

I'm in for this weekend again.. I will be going to my 1st wedding sober, my cousins wedding and I am sober driving! These people, my cousins and family are people I have travelled with, 1 is my best friend and ex wine buddy and we have all had many nights drinking together, so should be a great challenge for me.. The wedding is where they filmed the elven kingdom Rivendell in Lord of the rings and it is a super beautiful location.

Also it is my bday on Monday so after the wedding, which is an overnighter as it's 2 hours from home, we will go Bush somewhere else and hike overnight, I'm so excited to be getting away from civilization, from hotels to huts and long drops, I love it...

And this is writing in those blank pages of my sober book and I love it!

SnoozyQ 01-16-2020 01:29 AM

Thanks Lovely Mags. I always look forward to to Thursdays xxx

Red thats awesome, youre doing really well. What a lovely birthday treat for you. Mine is on the friday, we are almost twins xxx

I had a really awful note put in my letter box from a neighbour telling me to keep my cats inside as they have seen them 3 times this week ???
They didnt sign it but it was full of !!!!!!! And undelines.

Im actually feeling really depressed about it. Ive kept the cats l9cked inside all day and they are going stir crazy.

Why do people have to be so hateful,.

We always laugh because our cats always come inside to use their litter trays.
Im scared they will hurt them . Pretty sure its next door who cut down my wisteria. Threw it all back over our fence .

Im a really friendly person. If you come and have a chat, ill sort it out. Now im just feeling so much hatred in the pit of my tummy and dont know how to handle it. I dont like confrontation. Now i feel sad & this is the sort of stuff that used to trigger me to drink.

I dont feel like doing that though.

Sigh xxx

Mags1 01-16-2020 01:43 AM

Snoozy sorry you’ve nasty neighbors. My neighbour doesn’t like cats but they keep his mice population down.

I’m guessing they’re not reasonable people or they’d have come and had a chat with you.

I’m pleased you’re not tempted to pick. That would only end up in a slanging match.

Had 4 asthma injections. I’m now in the waiting room for two hours, they say, just in case of any side effects.

catch you later.

Mags1 01-16-2020 01:58 AM

Red. Have a fabulous wedding this weekend and getting out in nature after sounds amazing. It is. Eryainly filling the blank pages!
happy Bitthday for Monday. Will you be able to take pics of the bush? xx

Mags1 01-16-2020 02:04 AM

I’m on my mobile so please excuse all my mistakes. :)

Willow00 01-16-2020 02:15 AM

Happy birthday for Monday Red, the hiking sounds great! Stay strong this weekend, come to SR for support if you need some help :hug:

Snoozy that sucks about your neighbour, what a shame. At least they could come and talk to you rather than an anonymous note. I personally love cats ❤️

Are you still at the hospital Mags? I hope everything goes ok and you can go home soon

I’m off to bed, it’s 8.15pm here, and since I stopped drinking, early nights are just bliss :) goodnight everyone :)

Red78 01-16-2020 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by Mags1 (Post 7360054)
Red. Have a fabulous wedding this weekend and getting out in nature after sounds amazing. It is. Eryainly filling the blank pages!
happy Bitthday for Monday. Will you be able to take pics of the bush? xx

I surely can take pictures of the Bush, I will take some and post here at the end of the weekend which will be my Monday as its a long weekend here.

Red78 01-16-2020 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by Willow68 (Post 7360065)
Happy birthday for Monday Red, the hiking sounds great! Stay strong this weekend, come to SR for support if you need some help :hug:

I plan to post over the weekend to keep sane, I won't drink, I know this for sure as I am responsible for driving 8 people around between 3 separate towns/locations, there is no way I will be drinking.
That isn't to say that I'm not gonna struggle with it or not have a bad time, so I will stick close to SR.
Being Bush will be fine, I don't have booze and it isn't the place for it..