Administrator

When is the appointment Jeff?

D
Old 01-17-2020, 01:04 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
When is the appointment Jeff?

D
I thought it was today at 10AM, its next Friday at 10AM. I should have known because they send reminders on my phone. No harm no foul, just a little embarrassed.

So I had a gap of one week between my first and second appointment. But my next three appointments are consecutive weeks. All Friday at 10AM.
Old 01-17-2020, 02:56 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Every day will be a bit better than the last - you're on your way back to sobriety and sanity, Jeff.
Old 01-18-2020, 12:42 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
Yeah, you're right, I don't really want to stop. I just want to lose what little I have in life and be on a path to death by alcohol. I don't make excuses, I own my ****.
What you're contemplating and what you're doing is the opposite of owning your ****. You are instead, I believe, plastering your **** all over your life.

This is a serious, progressive, and deadly disease. Drinking alcohol promises to introduce heart disease; kidney disease; diabetes; hypertension; coronary artery disease; atherosclerosis; stroke; dizziness, falls, and fainting; traumatic brain injury; and/or dementia into our lives.

I don't know of a single person whose life improved by planning to lose everything they have in life while in the process of killing themselves by drinking.
Old 01-18-2020, 12:56 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

The holidays have not been good to me. I've gone astray in my sobriety and its been kinda rough. I need to get cleaned up and never go back to days of drinking and doing nothing. Why do we do this to ourselves? Horrible. The next 36 hours are going to be rough.
I hate detoxing. I've done it a dozen times lately. Its so goddamn stupid. I think god might hate us sometimes. But regardless, you have a goal in your mind. I think you can reach that. If you miss it - no big deal, keep trying again. Your going to do good things! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise!
Old 01-18-2020, 05:59 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

You're doing really well.
Old 01-18-2020, 06:23 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

It's so good to see you back on track, Jeff. I look for your posts when I come on S.R because I am really routing for you !! You seem to me a person who is very self aware and honest. When you drink you become the inversion of that.
Old 01-18-2020, 07:51 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

When I was drinking recently I think I got to the gym about 5 times in 3 weeks. Pathetic. So I got a few good workouts this week and i'm sore as heck. Serves me right. Little trouble sleeping last night. Making homemade potato soup today. Good day to do it as it snowed about 6 inches last night and the wind is blowing hard right now.
Old 01-18-2020, 08:11 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

When I was drinking recently I think I got to the gym about 5 times in 3 weeks. Pathetic. So I got a few good workouts this week and i'm sore as heck. Serves me right. Little trouble sleeping last night. Making homemade potato soup today. Good day to do it as it snowed about 6 inches last night and the wind is blowing hard right now.
Love me some tater soup!

I definitely need to get exercise back in my life.
Old 01-18-2020, 08:40 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Been thinking more about my therapy sessions. In my first session I told him about the reason I was there, which was the strife with my parents and upbringing. But when I started thinking more about it, that is only 1 leg of a 3 legged stool.

1. I have major resentment towards my parents for they raised me as opposed to my younger brother.
2. On occasion I have a tremendous sense of being a failure. I've talked about it before on this forum. 2nd place my whole damn life. Never the champion.
3. My marriage, which is pretty good but I feel marriages are sacred and won't talk about it publicly.

At this point I guess I need to prioritize and then tackle one thing at a time. Its like the old saying "how do you eat an elephant?"......one bite at a time.
Old 01-18-2020, 09:06 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Been thinking more about my therapy sessions. In my first session I told him about the reason I was there, which was the strife with my parents and upbringing. But when I started thinking more about it, that is only 1 leg of a 3 legged stool.

1. I have major resentment towards my parents for they raised me as opposed to my younger brother.
2. On occasion I have a tremendous sense of being a failure. I've talked about it before on this forum. 2nd place my whole damn life. Never the champion.
3. My marriage, which is pretty good but I feel marriages are sacred and won't talk about it publicly.

At this point I guess I need to prioritize and then tackle one thing at a time. Its like the old saying "how do you eat an elephant?"......one bite at a time.
Don't forget to write this stuff down as you think about it so you will know what to tell your therapist. For me, I hate leaving with the feeling I should have said something or discussed something that I forgot, and having some notes really helps.
Old 01-18-2020, 02:23 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Jeff

I think it will be in your favour to mention all the three things. Printing ourt your post as a reference is not a bad idea.

I don't consider speaking with a therapist is speaking publicly.

Take it easy at the gym too - you may think you need to be punished but I think you'v been punished enough, Jeff.

D