`
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
j_00009x.JPG (94.2 KB, 63 views)
Old 01-10-2020, 10:24 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Originally Posted by Red78 View Post
After work on a Friday, my normal drinking booze for sure time but not today, currently sitting on an AF drink and reading SR whilst waiting to go to a full moon group tonight with a bunch of ladies I've never met before..
The energy will be intense for the next 14 hours so stay alert people...lol
Absolutely Red! I am planning to go out for a walk later tonight under the full moon and have a spot I am going to sit in the hills far from civilisation, meditate and set my intentions for the future. It’s a very powerful moon for some more than others and for me is meant to be a good one to try and manifest some positive things for myself. Have fun and hope all are well xx
Old 01-10-2020, 10:28 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
saoutchik

That's one handsome amphibian.

Cool post Forwards.

I worked late this evening which is doubly annoying on a Friday, especially as we are not busy.

I have a slight headache too from excessive screen watching so I won't be posting any essays. I did realise after I posted it that my Top Cat reference will mean nothing to anyone under about 40. Oh well. At least it is Friday and I will not be drinking.

Here's a tune.

https://youtu.be/FGBhQbmPwH8
Old 01-10-2020, 01:44 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Saturday, 0813 here in Adelaide. Rain has been light- BUT any rain is good. No smoke haze or smell from Kangaroo Island fires....still burning.
We do what we can.
Domestic duties today, so much better than 4y ago.
Old 01-10-2020, 02:11 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

First AF weekend of 2020, hopefully many more. This year I’m going to get a plan and treatment.
Old 01-10-2020, 07:57 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MantaLady View Post
Absolutely Red! I am planning to go out for a walk later tonight under the full moon and have a spot I am going to sit in the hills far from civilisation, meditate and set my intentions for the future. It’s a very powerful moon for some more than others and for me is meant to be a good one to try and manifest some positive things for myself. Have fun and hope all are well xx
Sounds divine Mantra.. I would be so scared to go into the Bush by myself at night! Very brave..
A lunar eclipse I hear it was too.. I hope you enjoyed it..
Old 01-10-2020, 08:03 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I'd like to be in. It's day 10 and as usual my nerves are on the outside of my skin at this point in sobriety. I know because I've been through this a million times. In fact, I've been through this so often I wonder if I should bother anymore, but here I am.

At least for tonight. I'm in. The way I feel about it right now is I should probably make a separate thread for Saturday lol
Old 01-10-2020, 09:33 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see you WaterOx

D
Old 01-10-2020, 11:07 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Weekenders

mariposa, a plan sounds a good plan.

Water Ox, it’s good that you’re bothering. One day you might just say “enough! I’ve had enough of day 1’s” x

Nice in french Saou, I cant help think of the film trilogy ‘kill Bill’ when I hear that song.

I’m reading a book trilogy and having a real problem putting it down. I have to make myself stop reading at the end of a chapter just to get back in the land of the living. I really enjoy it when I find books I can’t put down (or my tablet as is on the kindle app) but I wonder if this is part of my addictive nature or I’m just enjoying it. Either way, I’m not doing any harm to myself or anybody, I don’t think.

Lovely pic Lunar

Another sober Saturday. Wow, I still can’t believe I did it, that I got sober. I’ll always be grateful for finding SR, there’s no way I’d have done it on my own.
Old 01-10-2020, 11:12 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Saturday afternoon here, a busy day, in fact the busiest week I’ve had in a really long time. I wouldn’t have coped if I was drinking....
I had a big craving again today, but squashed it with ginger kombucha and food
Don’t feel like a drink anymore thank goodness. Just time to relax for the evening and an early night. After 7 days of bootcamp and then busy work days I’m exhausted. But in a good way
Old 01-10-2020, 11:43 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Mr

One year on- RIP Kathy ❤️

Welcome back mariposa and waterox.
Make 2020 the one. Keep going and posting your progress here with us.

Magnificent post from our friend MesaMan yesterday celebrating 6 years :
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...hanks-sr.html# (Six Years Today ~ Thanks SR)

Morning Weekenders ✌️
Old 01-10-2020, 11:51 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Rest In Peace Kathy ❤️
Old 01-11-2020, 12:01 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Magsie

Vinny thanks for the link to MesaMan’s thread.
Old 01-11-2020, 12:04 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thinking of you Kathy, you’re an inspiration, a shining light.❤️

I kept some words I read of Kathy’s a long while ago and I’m sure she wouldn’t mind me sharing them with you today.

In recovery we learn that we cannot change the past.

But we are only human; we are not blocks of wood. It’s inevitable that many of us will mourn over what might have been, or long for the people and things we have lost.

However, we must not allow negativity to dominate our new lives in recovery (this has always been a big problem of mine. I torture myself with “If only I hadn’t...”).

I just read a short and lovely book called Tuesdays With Morrie. An elderly college professor who is dying of ALS gets weaker and more corpse-like every day—yet he remains cheerful, kind, gracious, and loving.

His former student is bewildered: how on earth can he stay so serene when his body is being ravaged? Does he not suffer? Is he not grief-stricken by the loss of his vitality?

Morrie’s response hit me like a lightning bolt.

He says, “Sometimes in the mornings...That’s when I mourn. I feel around my body, I move my fingers and hands...and I mourn what I’ve lost...But then I stop mourning.”

“Just like that?”

“I give myself a good cry if I need it. But then I concentrate on all the good things still in my life...I don’t allow myself any more self-pity than that. A little each morning, a few tears, and that’s all.”

You don’t have to deny all grieving—just keep it within bounds by putting a reasonable limit on it! You can allow yourself to experience it as you need to—but relegate it to just a few minutes a day.

Tame it and rein it in!
Old 01-11-2020, 12:27 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

morning all. I'm settling in for the weekend:

Old 01-11-2020, 01:27 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Awwww that’s gorgeous Andy ❤️

Beautiful words from Kathy, Mags, thanks for sharing. I’m sure Kathy is still watching over us and I’m sure she’s honoured that you shared her words ❤️
Old 01-11-2020, 01:43 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Magsie

Andy, that is so cute, my cats do that too! Though they’re not kittens anymore.

Willow, I’m pleased you like it, I’m sure Kathy is watching down at us too.
Old 01-11-2020, 02:33 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hi all
Count me in for the weekend.
Old 01-11-2020, 02:57 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders WaterOx. I too relapsed countless times. The most important thing is you are still trying to quit and you can use all your previous attempts to find within you the mindset to make it permanent.

Good luck Mariposa, my reply to WaterOx is the applies to you too. You can do it.

Thanks for linking MesaMan's post VMan, it is one of the best posts I have read on SR.

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
Nice in french Saou, I cant help think of the film trilogy ‘kill Bill’ when I hear that song.
Oh yeah, I had forgotten it appeared in Kill Bill. I actually posted that version by French chanteuse Sheila from 1966 in the "In Memory of Gilmer" thread but I will post it here too - the song sounds better in French, I don't know why. A very young Sheila starred in a musical-action-comedy called Bang Bang (hence the release of the song in 1966) It's the most French film ever.

https://youtu.be/6ltq4R_30js
Old 01-11-2020, 03:13 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Mr

Welcome dontlookbacchus 😁