Notices

Remembering the good bits - Weekenders 10 - 13 January 2020

Old 01-15-2020, 11:47 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Well, a few tears are appropriate when the baby boy leaves the nest. I think a little bit of a freak-out is completely understandable.

He'll be back.
Old 01-15-2020, 12:29 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  
saoutchik

The boats are for the canal tours bim. Not very busy this time of the year I would imagine. As VMan says, Amsterdam is very bike and pedestrian friendly, not many cars. I like it. My hotel is just a hundred metres or so from Father Christmas Street.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20200115_203158.jpg (32.1 KB, 31 views)
Old 01-15-2020, 01:42 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Administrator

I was pretty immature at 18 Marty - but I got there in the end - your son will too.
I think you'll end up enjoying doing what you want at home when you want

D
Old 01-15-2020, 02:32 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Marty will your son be very far away? Hopefully you will be in regular contact and still be able to see him now and then which will help with the change. He’ll no doubt come home for the comforts of home whenever he can I loved living alone, it was only for a couple of years, but I actually really miss it. If ever I’m not in a relationship in the future, I would gladly live alone again. I’m actually a little envious of anyone who does lol. Your son will be fine, it’s amazing how adaptable and resilient kids and teenagers actually are.

Sao and Vinny, Amsterdam looks really interesting, I’ve not been there. Boats and bikes are popular by the looks of things

Kaily it’s nice to see you. I know what you mean about not feeling much like posting when you’re feeling down. Sending you a big hug across the globe

Manta are you ok? Haven’t heard from you recently (unless I might have missed your posting). Hope you’re doing ok too

I’ve been super busy working, but today is looking less nuts thank goodness, I need to come up for air!
Old 01-15-2020, 07:24 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

MLD, I'll gladly ship you my kids. The way things are going, it'll be years before they take flight...
Old 01-15-2020, 08:28 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hiya Weekenders

Marty, it sounds a good opportunity, your son leaving home for university at 18 years, you’ll be on your own, first time in years.
It’ll be strangely quiet at first but when you get used to it I’m sure you’ll relish the quietitude and freedom. (After a few tears )
I lived for five years on my own and loved it.

Nice pics Vinny and Saou. I remember seeing so many bikes in Amsterdam. It’s so flat, no hills at all and lots of tulip fields in the right season. Barges, I never did go on a boat trip but I did live in a barge for a few years. That was an experience!

Kaily, take care, I get like that when I’m under the weather. But it’s easy to detach yourself and forget why we’re here, besides all the great people we meet.

I start my new asthma treatment today in the form of monthly/fortnightly injections. I’m excited but also apprehensive. I guess I’m hoping to get my health back to something like without anything I do leading to asthma exacerbations. I don’t know why but I seem to have a slight fear in the pit of my stomach. the one thing I am happy with is that I’m sober. I couldn’t have dealt with or acted fast enough if I’d been 10 sheets to the wind!

New thread will be a bit earlier today guys and gals. xx
Old 01-15-2020, 10:23 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Mags I hope the injections get your asthma better under control. My Mum had asthma and always had her puffers on the go. I’ve not heard of the injections. Hopefully they’re better than having to rely on the daily puffers
Old 01-15-2020, 10:28 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  
Mr

Morning Weekenders

I'll wait for the new thread ✌️
Old 01-15-2020, 11:13 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  
Magsie

A bit earlier than usual but here’s the new thread

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ry-2020-a.html (We could write a book - WEEKENDERS 17 - 20 January 2020)