Notices

Class of December 2019 part 2

Old 12-11-2019, 01:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of December 2019 part 2

last part here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-1-a-21.html (Class of December 2019 part 1)

D
Old 12-11-2019, 01:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee and good morning s ❤️
Old 12-11-2019, 02:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Morning all,
I'm really sorry to those that are having dealing with difficult life situations, especially you Red, but what strength you have. To all those who are doing well congratulations.

Day 4 for me and here comes the emotions! I'm being very proactive in asserting my boundaries with everyone but it is really affecting me emotionally today, but bring it on because its needed. I need a lot of emotional space and alone time.
Old 12-11-2019, 02:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I hear you honey....well done for setting some boundaries.
Hope today is peaceful and all about self-love and nurturing. xx
Old 12-11-2019, 03:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Venuscat, I am a bit lost on the timezone difference between us but i hope your having an enjoyable.......time of day it is there lol Im practicing self care as best i can but instead of just being gentle i am ensuring i maintain momentum by doing one recovery thing each day. Today is an online SMART meeting but it was scheduled to start 50 minutes ago but the organiser isnt here. I called the organisation to see what the issue may be and am hoping it is just a timezone difference and it may start in ten minutes. Look at me being all proactive :-) oh it looks like its starting :-0
Old 12-11-2019, 03:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Awesome love. Hope it's a great meeting.....and I am at almost 6.30pm here. s

(14 hrs behind Melbourne) xx
Old 12-11-2019, 03:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

An online Smart recovery meeting sounds great! I'm glad it started for you.
I'm doing okay, I guess. I am staying sober today and that is the most important thing. I still plan to go back and read all your posts, there are so many and I love that.
Venus, so good to see you here. I hope all is well with you.
I'm really tired so I'm going to rest and read, probably come back later.
Hugs to all and happy sober night.
Old 12-11-2019, 03:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm good Karen....lots of self-care here right now too.
The adjustment to the US climate is akin to the adjustment to getting sober.....it is shocking and kind of in your face and has to be dealt with. So these early winter freezing days make me bring out all of my tools. And soon I will find doing cold-weather stuff is a breeze.

One day at a time. ❤️
Love you hunny. xx

Hey Red honey......how is you? ❤️
Old 12-11-2019, 04:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I'm good Karen....lots of self-care here right now too.
The adjustment to the US climate is akin to the adjustment to getting sober.....it is shocking and kind of in your face and has to be dealt with. So these early winter freezing days make me bring out all of my tools. And soon I will find doing cold-weather stuff is a breeze.

One day at a time. ❤️
Love you hunny. xx

Hey Red honey......how is you? ❤️
I'm OK Venus, its a full moon and things are going crazy lol
Thank you for your kind words of support and everyone elses, especially yours JT. I'm sure those that have heard this story before must get sick of it but having been there it's hard to get out when you no longer feel worthy, on one hand they tell you that you are and then they turn around and tell you that you're not, so you stay and try be someone you're not so that you might get their approval and they will see your worth..
Old 12-11-2019, 05:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Who says you're not worthy?
Whoever that is is wrong.
We are worthy of everything good....all of us. ❤️
Old 12-11-2019, 05:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey everyone, just got home from work. Three and a half years ago this was the danger period. I would have picked up beer on the way home and I'd already be on the way to getting drunk by now. After a couple months I was able to break compulsion to drink and gradually the cravings went away. I am so grateful to everyone at SR that I was able to put those bad times behind me.

Red, hang in there. You are having a rough patch but if you stick with SR, you'll be able to overcome it. It just takes a little time. We didn't get sick overnight and we don't get cured overnight either.
Old 12-11-2019, 05:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Red, my own son recently got cross-eyed (!) from being on his phone too much. (He was sick and in bed for a week and did nothing else). It is almost impossible to coerce teenagers to get off their devices. It’s a constant stress. FYI-His eyes are better now and we put on time restrictions.

Sh— happens and you learn from it. Try not to feel bad.

I don’t know much about your partner, but I just want to say that you deserve to be treated with empathy and kindness, especially in your home.
Old 12-11-2019, 06:31 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Maybe I am naive, but that kind of cold weather seems seem a bit cozy. Is it really as bad as everyone says it is?

[Home alone for the first time in weeks. SR is babysitting me right now. ]
Old 12-11-2019, 06:35 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zura View Post
Morning all,
I'm really sorry to those that are having dealing with difficult life situations, especially you Red, but what strength you have. To all those who are doing well congratulations.

Day 4 for me and here comes the emotions! I'm being very proactive in asserting my boundaries with everyone but it is really affecting me emotionally today, but bring it on because its needed. I need a lot of emotional space and alone time.
Congratulations on Day 4, Zura! I am on Day 8 and I remember being emotional on Day 4. I hope you get the alone time you deserve. You will feel better in no time.
Old 12-11-2019, 07:27 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

The bewitching hour hit again just before leaving work, but I managed to pick up some online Christmas gifts I ordered, a few produce items and quickly drove home. Whew, I'll be glad when I break that routine!

I lost my last cat nearly two years ago, and I still miss her. I still have a hyperactive German Shepherd who, at five, shows no sign of reaching maturity any time soon.

Day 5 nearly done, onward and upward we go!
Old 12-11-2019, 07:50 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

No temptation at the grocery store. Thanks for tagging along in spirit, Venus!

Ending another sober day feeling healthy and grateful. Time for reading then sleep. Night all.
Old 12-11-2019, 08:38 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I'm a bit exhausted, it turned into a huge day, so i will not pressure myself to try and remember everyone's names right now but i do read everyone's comments. The SMART meeting was useful in focusing on my recovery strategies, holding myself accountable to myself in a practical way felt like good self care. I had to wait a whole hour for the meeting to start due to the timezone error but i waited patiently for 60 minutes and then engaged in the meeting for 90 minutes. The meeting running late made me run late but I was able to take a few minutes for basic self care before attending to my overdue responsibilities. Had an urge on the way home but i drove straight home and came on here instead of stopping at the liquor store. I'm going to go to the store for juice (detoxing in hot weather isnt fun and i feel like i need more than water) now the moment has passed. I have six weeks 100% alone from Monday onwards which is a blessing but i will have to be ever vigilant and will stay SUPER close to SR
Old 12-11-2019, 08:50 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Zura glad you resisted the urge, I was the same, I sat in my car reading on here until I felt safe to go home, not that I wanted to go home..
Drinking cranberry and soda and cleaning windows right now but it's a very warm evening that conjures up images of drinking in the garden...but I won't..
Old 12-11-2019, 08:51 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jewel72 View Post
No temptation at the grocery store. Thanks for tagging along in spirit, Venus!

Ending another sober day feeling healthy and grateful. Time for reading then sleep. Night all.
There's a temptation everytime I go at the moment with all the Xmas tastings on at the one I go too..
Old 12-11-2019, 09:24 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Checking in for Dec and my FIFTH month sober woohoo!!!