Notices

Class of December 2019 part 2

Old 12-12-2019, 02:46 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Im sorry your feeling meh, i know you love gardens so here's a flower to cheer your day Ooooh chicken soup, soul food
Old 12-12-2019, 02:49 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Awwwwww......thank you. ❤️

That's a lot of the meh.....for months here there are no flowers.....well not outside, but INSIDE my house with my 200 odd houseplants.....oh yeah.... s xx

Not great.....but blooming under plants lights inside in winter so

Old 12-12-2019, 03:01 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Wow that's fantastic! They are beautiful. I love that you're surrounded by plants even in the extreme cold.
Old 12-12-2019, 03:06 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

It's my way of being an Aussie here....massive amounts of greenery and flowers....lucky my husband loves it....a lot of people would be like

....And my mum and I always had primulas.....the awesome thing is they are actually mega-hardy, and I have a few alive outside right now. No flowers, but lots of green.
Old 12-12-2019, 03:25 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

That's lovely , So nice you ave been able to bring a piece of your homecountry/upbringing with you. My Mum loved roses and had a beautiful rose garden and I spent many nights growing up falling asleep at night to her playing The Rose by Bette Midler on the piano..... I regret not taking cuttings of her flowers for my garden when she passed but my dad cut them down before i could lolol he didnt "get it" re Mum's love of beautiful things (pragmatic Old Scot he is) so I'm pleased your hubby gets it
Old 12-12-2019, 03:42 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

That made me think....the primulas came from the UK to Aus....English Primrose....and then different varieties emerged with the climate, and no.....I had not ever seen them in this part of the US before I brought them....they are only in the hot parts of America....and I have quite a few planted in the soil outside as well as in pots....who knows what they will become and breed in the future.....isn't that just fantastic?
Old 12-12-2019, 04:04 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

It is beyond Awesome Sauce!! (I laughed so hard that you say that too, its one of my favourite phrases and i dont get to hear people use nearly enough). It really is incredible that they have traveled so far and are surviving!
Old 12-12-2019, 06:09 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

"Awesome Sauce" - that makes me laugh. Round here they say "Proper mint" (I don't because I'm not originally from these parts and you have to say it in a Newcastle accent really.
So now I'm combining the two, if that's ok, and going to say "Mint Sauce" if that's ok with you.
2 a.m. woke up after a few hours deep sleep, made the mistake of popping on to check how the election results are looking. We can't talk about politics, but one of my puddycats namesakes is looking extremely smug on the BBC news right now. Not what I wanted. Hey ho. Least I'm sober...
I love to garden! I have lots of colour this time of year. Baskets of winter pansies, primulas. Have planted loads of daffs, tulips, snowdrops, honesty for early spring. Then my favourites will be planted as tiny seeds in April - Cosmos! I grow them from seed, pot them on and the garden is full of them from July through to November. Warms the soul.
Old 12-12-2019, 07:09 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

So nice to see so many successful gardeners here, I only wish I had your green thumbs. I finally gave up, nothing seems to survive at my hands.

I stopped at the grocery store after work and successfully shopped with no AV interference, made it home sans the sauce and no regrets. Winding down and wrapping up day 6. I'm so looking forward to seeing and feeling the benefits of sobriety, but as it's been said before, being in my late 50s has taken its toll on me physically; fortunately my mind is still functional.
Old 12-12-2019, 07:46 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Safe and sober in bed.

Took one of my children out for an evening of dinner and Christmas shopping. It was lovely. I am thankful to be present and sober for my kids. They are great kids and they deserve a mom who doesn't choose wine over them.....EVER.

Good night or good morning to all you lovelies.
Old 12-12-2019, 08:04 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jewel72 View Post
Got the urge to run again today. Just did a 5 miler. Running is pretty important to me and I only feel the full rewards when not drinking. I’m glad this forty something body will still cooperate! I guess the wrapping will have to wait.
Awesome, Jewel!
Old 12-12-2019, 08:11 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Winding down tonight. I am so mentally distracted; it is difficult to focus on work. Glad to be sober, no matter what.

Nice to see everyone trucking along. [I was going to say "chugging," but that is an inference a lot like "awesomesauce" ].
Old 12-12-2019, 08:31 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Friday 530pm.. No one is home, yay! Not tempted to drink and I can relax before the other half gets home, have a snooze after the big lunch we had at work today..
I've been reading and watching the news about the volcanic eruption that happened here in NZ this week and I am overwhelmed with sadness for the tragedy of these families and the severity of the condition of these people..
​​​​​I feel lucky to be alive and well as anything can happen at anytime to anyone...
Old 12-13-2019, 01:11 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bobdrop View Post
Hi all. I don't always read stuff outside of this class, but I just read through another thread going, "planning for relapses in the future". Wow, almost knocked me out of my chair. So much to think about. I will definitely start reading more on this site.
I thought exactly the same bob.It was a great thread.
Old 12-13-2019, 01:31 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Beginning of day 2 for me. I can't believe how everything unravels so quickly for me whenever I drink. However there's been a few red flags for me along the last few weeks. I've been working very hard the last few weeks and not been doing work around maintaining my sobriety. I think that it's left me open to the latest relapse. I'm trying to take positives from this situation: I think that I need to keep in touch on here a lot more. I need to make better plans work through those plans. I've been working from home a lot recently to try and catch up but it's made my mental health deteriorate rapidly.
Old 12-13-2019, 02:15 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Day 4 here. Just waking up and checking in.
Old 12-13-2019, 06:01 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Good morning class, waking up after a restless night's sleep is never easy, but it's part of the process so I'll keep pushing through. Day 7 and my goal today is to not give into any cravings that may erupt come evening, and turn in tonight with one week under my belt.

Wishing everyone a happy end to a hectic week!
Old 12-13-2019, 06:10 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Red78 View Post
Friday 530pm.. No one is home, yay! Not tempted to drink and I can relax before the other half gets home, have a snooze after the big lunch we had at work today..
I've been reading and watching the news about the volcanic eruption that happened here in NZ this week and I am overwhelmed with sadness for the tragedy of these families and the severity of the condition of these people..
​​​​​I feel lucky to be alive and well as anything can happen at anytime to anyone...
I know.....it's terrible. s
First thing I wondered when I heard was how far you are from there. s

And um, yes, Pouncer is right....never occurred to me that my term was not really very appropriate.

Everyone is kicking some big goals....really wonderful.
Old 12-13-2019, 06:11 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hopingwishing View Post
Beginning of day 2 for me. I can't believe how everything unravels so quickly for me whenever I drink. However there's been a few red flags for me along the last few weeks. I've been working very hard the last few weeks and not been doing work around maintaining my sobriety. I think that it's left me open to the latest relapse. I'm trying to take positives from this situation: I think that I need to keep in touch on here a lot more. I need to make better plans work through those plans. I've been working from home a lot recently to try and catch up but it's made my mental health deteriorate rapidly.
Stick close dear Hoping. s
Sending love and prayers for a much better day for you today. s xx
Old 12-13-2019, 06:43 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Thanks venuscat. I am certainly sticking close to here. Been obsessively reading everything I can. I can't believe how stupid I've been. Feeling awful and smoking like a trooper. I feel so much at a loss.