Notices

Day 19 and struggling !

Old 12-19-2019, 06:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
herby

Day 19 and struggling !

I really could do with a drink. I know I can't just stop at 2 drinks and I get terrible hangovers but I feel like giving in. I know the only chance of a happy life is sobriety. Your advice please everyone. X
Old 12-19-2019, 06:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

"I know the only chance of a happy life is sobriety."

I think you have answered your own dilemma
Old 12-19-2019, 06:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

When I have a bad day, I sometimes just go to bed. I chalk bad moods and cravings up to a sick day, so-to-speak, and try to wrap up obligations, maybe reschedule non-obligatory activities and go to bed or watch a movie in bed. Usually after some rest I wake up feeling better and stronger for riding the wave of the craving and just calling it a day. Also very necessary for me if I feel down about not drinking, I remind myself that it REALLY WAS THAT BAD when I was drinking and had debilitating hangovers, lingering anxiety and depression from it, besides all the other physical unwellness I felt often during that time. I think about how easily it would return to that and how much I just can’t let myself feel that bad any more.

Stay strong and good on you for posting here! Definitely shows strength and commitment. Keep posting and let us know how your day goes from here
Old 12-19-2019, 07:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
nez

I used to ask myself the following questions. What would be the reason to give in? What would be the reason to not give in? One question and answer is about wants. One question and answer is about needs. Which is more important to me? I didn't always like the answer, but it got me to today, which is what I needed. What I needed is what I want and have today. Amazing how life works out, if I let it.
Old 12-19-2019, 07:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Don't drink Herby. You may have already. 2 drinks in? You can stop. You need to be sober to sort some things out in the coming months. If you get hammered, you'll feel good for about 30 minutes, start the inevitable decline during which you say and do really stupid things, and then you will come to in a fog of poison and misery with all the same motorbikes and problems and whatnot. But then you'll have to sort all that out sick and feeling like **** instead of clear headed and sober. Stay sober with us here.
Old 12-19-2019, 07:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

I wake up almost every morning with a natural melatonin high. It kicks in at around 5 to 6 hours of sleep.

It is a gift from God because it feels like a booze hang over, but totally goes away in a few minutes.

I will never give that up. I never knew what.it.felt. like because I was a drunk since I was a little kid.

I had to suffer like hell for several months to get to this state of wellness.

Booze causes permanent brain damage. Quitting let my brain rewire.

Time healed me. It has taken the better part of 4 years.

Sr and the internet educated me, the rest was suffering.

Thanks.
Old 12-19-2019, 11:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
herby

Thank you

Originally Posted by KeepingUp View Post
When I have a bad day, I sometimes just go to bed. I chalk bad moods and cravings up to a sick day, so-to-speak, and try to wrap up obligations, maybe reschedule non-obligatory activities and go to bed or watch a movie in bed. Usually after some rest I wake up feeling better and stronger for riding the wave of the craving and just calling it a day. Also very necessary for me if I feel down about not drinking, I remind myself that it REALLY WAS THAT BAD when I was drinking and had debilitating hangovers, lingering anxiety and depression from it, besides all the other physical unwellness I felt often during that time. I think about how easily it would return to that and how much I just can’t let myself feel that bad any more.

Stay strong and good on you for posting here! Definitely shows strength and commitment. Keep posting and let us know how your day goes from here
Thanks very much for your support, it really helps 😀
Old 12-19-2019, 11:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
herby

Thanks I'll stay strong

Originally Posted by KeepingUp View Post

Thanks everyone. I'm going to beat this thing. My mind is playing tricks again trying to convince me it's ok just to have 2 drinks. I'm not listening.
Old 12-19-2019, 11:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

This link is gold Herby

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html

Part of you - your addicted self - might feel as tho a drink is the answer, but waking up tomorrow sober is a real gift - one you owe yourself.

You already know what happens when you drink. Allow yourself to experience what happens when you don't

You can do this

D
Old 12-21-2019, 10:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
herby

I did it. I stayed sober !!!

Thanks everyone. I stayed strong even when my husband brought booze into the house. I'm really proud of myself.
Old 12-21-2019, 10:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
herby

I did it. I stayed sober !!!

Well done me.
Old 12-21-2019, 10:22 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Herby!~

D