Notices

Class of December 2019 part 2

Old 12-13-2019, 06:45 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

I don't think it's about being 'stupid'. s
We get stuck inside this illness and it can be very hard to get out.... you are here and trying your best....that is awesome.
Old 12-13-2019, 07:28 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Thanks venuscat, you made me cry with your compassion in that post. I'm going to make this stick this time. I'm driven by the notion of getting ahead of the game over Christmas and having 20 days clean living before the starting the New Year and new decade. To put this last crummy one behind me and start afresh.
Old 12-13-2019, 07:33 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Day 5 here and feeling better mentally than I have in a while. Now if I could just get some damned sleep! Going to my 4th meeting in 4 days (doing the 90/90 challenge as suggested by a guy who has been sober for 29 years). Wish me luck on my journey!
Old 12-13-2019, 07:43 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Good luck cantsleep! That's a great goal. All the best :-)
Old 12-13-2019, 08:21 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,
Hope work went well Pouncer.

Great news on more money Stevie.

you're not stupid at all hopingwishing-please be kind to yourself.

Hope you get some sleep can'tsleep. I do that reverse psychology thing, lie in bed ad say 'don't sleep, you must not go to sleep' it works surprisingly

Tired today, stayed up late watching the election coverage which was very interesting. Some shocks in your part of the country Stevie? Came to visit relatives today. Drinking sparkling water. I will be in charge of children's enetrtainment. Not that anyone is a big drinker but it is still there. I will wake up with a clear head tomorrow on day 7.
Old 12-13-2019, 08:45 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Waking up with a clear head is the best Pouncer. Keep up the good work.
Old 12-13-2019, 08:49 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Day 4 and busy doing 100 things. Will not drink today. I look forward to catching up tonight.

Happy Friday/Saturday.
Old 12-13-2019, 08:52 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Glad you’re feeling better, Can’t Sleep.

Good morning, RAL, Suze and HopingWishing - and anyone reading this.

Day 10. I don’t drink anymore.
Old 12-13-2019, 10:14 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I've thrown away my cigarettes and just been up to the shop to get a vape. That's one positive action from today, on top of not drinking of course. I'm absolutely exhausted and am wrapping myself up in bed. Please let tomorrow be a better day.
Old 12-13-2019, 10:15 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hopingwishing View Post
I've thrown away my cigarettes and just been up to the shop to get a vape. That's one positive action from today, on top of not drinking of course. I'm absolutely exhausted and am wrapping myself up in bed. Please let tomorrow be a better day.
I tossed mine out 7 1/2 year ago. Best decision ever (well that and quitting drinking).
Old 12-13-2019, 10:37 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Thanks cantsleep! I only smoke when and in the aftermath of having a drink. It's always been a way in which I beat myself up after I've relapsed. But I must stop the downwards spiral. I'm two days sober. I need to stop feeling so bad about myself.
Old 12-13-2019, 11:06 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Day 217 and off to my Rehab Aftercare now.
Old 12-13-2019, 11:14 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Oooo new thread !!! Double digits. Day 10!!! Hope we all have a fab FriYAY!
Old 12-13-2019, 11:33 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

That;s wonderful Reid and go Hoping and hey Cute and cantsleep. s xx
Old 12-13-2019, 12:45 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Coming to the end of day 14 here.

Off to see my ill brother (liver failure) this weekend.
Old 12-13-2019, 01:15 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Evening
Yes RAL, some big changes in our locality - interesting times ahead. If it all gets too much I shall hide in a fridge!
Coder, hope you're managing, and the visit goes as well as it can, sending you best wishes.
To everyone who is under a few weeks and can't sleep: that was me just over a week ago - I didn't sleep until about the 16th day, and was so tired. Still not great, but am managing a good few hours now, so just wanted to reassure you that it does improve.
Love to all
S x
Old 12-13-2019, 01:19 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

My thoughts are with you and your family Coder, I cant imagine how hard that is. To everyone else, I am still having trouble matching comments to names enough to reply personally but I see many are withstanding their urges which is great! I too need to quit smoking and it is very inspirational to see others doing so early in, I may even join in on that quit soon too.

Day 6, lethargy lifting a little which bodes well for my 6 weeks of solitude. I have so many physically demanding projects to complete in that time and obviously the stronger I feel the easier that will be. Having complete time to myself will not only allow me to complete these important projects but also time to simultaneously focus on my recovery at the same time. I will still even have time for my treasured daily spiritual rituals & general well being/health routine. As conditions are perfect to support my recovery i dont want to waste such a valuable opportunity.

Hope everyone is doing well xxoo
Old 12-13-2019, 01:34 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

I'm day 6 too zura tho just off to bed. Think we are in different time zones.

Good night all. Sober sleep. You can all get through Friday night and think how great you'll feel in morning when you wake up clear headed and sober on a Saturday x
Old 12-13-2019, 01:37 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hello dearest Stevie, RAL and Zura. s
My thought are with you as well dear Coder. s

Sleep well dear RAL and all in the UK.
Old 12-13-2019, 01:44 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Another UK poster here that feels incredibly tired after watching the General Election play out overnight.

I'm still sober and working out in the gym on a regular basis. I have to admit I really let myself go last time around when in the fog of perpetual inebriation. I've managed to lose 16 pounds (7.25 kilos) in just 24 days of sobriety, weight training and many long walks - but I guess that drastic turnaround can happen when you exchange +3,000 calories in booze with -750 calories a day in exercise (a daily 3,750 calorie swing)? I have about another stone (14 pounds) to lose before I'm back to my lean fighting weight. I reckon the weight loss will slow right down now and take another five or so weeks to complete as I regain muscle and the body readjusts to the shock of a different lifestyle? You see - I've been here before....

As Dee knows (he's like an omnipresent elephant that never forgets) I seem to get triggered again when I think the hard work is done and that I'm looking ok (on the outside) again. The fact that I start to rot my insides within quick order is something I like to artfully swerve (in my mind) as I disappear from SR for another six months; drinking myself into an early grave,

And so the cycle goes.

I'm hoping this time will be different and that I have finally seen the light. I am doing some things differently this time and concentrating on alternative and more sustainable goals as well. It seems to have got me onto the cusp of day 25 so I guess I'll see you in the morning.

Goodnight Decemberoni's

JT