View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 04:24 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  
venuscat

Originally Posted by MagnumCat View Post
I just finished my third week of my IOP. Nine more to go. I'm still enjoying it and getting a lot out of it.

Was a little ticked at my husband yesterday. I went to get groceries and my husband sent me a text asking me to pick something up for him. I didn't hear my phone, but I always check for texts before I hit the cash register. I texted back then and finished my shopping. When I got home he was in a frenzy, asking me where the heck I've been. I'm standing there with grocery bags and I was only gone just over an hour. Apparently, I didn't answer his text fast enough, so he phoned. Seven times!!! I never hear my phone in the store. So therefore, he immediately thinks that I'm sitting the parking lot drinking.

Obviously he still doesn't trust me! I get that it will take time, but I'm in my program and they test us every week so he should know that I'm not drinking. I had my meeting an hour after that and we were tested again and I passed. I told him and expected an apology, but I didn't get one until today and I had to basically ask for it.

Did I have a right to feel hurt about this? Probably not, but I did.
That would have driven me nuts as well, but I think I would look at it differently.....maybe he was worried. He loves you, loves that you are on this path and he just got worried something had happened to you....plus you were driving.....so then his head went completely off....he loves you. So he may not have felt the need to say sorry for being worried. Maybe?

And awesome re your IOP program.

And more love darling LuLu. s ❤️