Notices

How/why did you select your user name?

Old 10-08-2019, 02:06 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I’d love to answer with something very profound 🤓

Im just a bit of a multi coloured, multi emotion bod who sometimes feels like an alien amongst folk!! It also incorporates the rainbow 🌈 flag 😎 think I was still drinking when I thought of it seems like a long time ago lol
Old 10-08-2019, 02:12 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Mine was my stickball name for my lead off hitter, Miguel Tailai, which rhymes with Pele. Slap hitter, not much power.
Old 10-08-2019, 03:18 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I'm very bad at choosing usernames. What's funny and a little counterintuitive about mine is that Joe is not my real name, I chose it for anonymity purposes. 787 came to mind because I've been flying a lot (as a passenger, not a pilot...don't worry lol).
Old 10-08-2019, 03:44 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Mine was on accident. I was having a hard time logging in, I had forgotten the user name I had chosen when I first signed up. I had tried and failed several times. I wanted to try something else, but it was my third or fourth try and I didn't really think it would work. So I just put in a name that came to mind and bingo! it worked. But, I was stuck with a name I don't like much. I encourage people to call me Karen, but if not, no big deal. what's in a name, right?
Old 10-08-2019, 07:35 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Mine is the initials of me and the people I love plus my age...not the most creative but I like it!
Old 10-08-2019, 07:51 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

My Chinese zodiac is the Water Ox.
Old 10-08-2019, 07:57 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

It's interesting to note that the nature of this site has a lot of us joining desperately. The last thing some people are thinking about is what sort of cute user name they want. As a result I see a lot of names like "WhoGivesACrap" or "MyLifeSucks" and usually assume they are fairly new to the site.

I'm sure there have been plenty of people who changed their name once they got a foothold on their sobriety and started feeling better
Old 10-08-2019, 08:42 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BeABetterMan View Post

You’ll now forever be in my mind as Crazy as Hell, 😂😂😂
Used to be that way.

And miserable also.
Old 10-08-2019, 11:41 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
Sorry about that.
No, no, no ,no no.....
Please don't be sorry...
I'm happy you love your Suki as much as I loved my mine!

😻🐶🐈🐱🐕
Old 10-08-2019, 12:09 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

American boy with Irish, Scot and British dna. Focusing on spiritual aspects of life.
Old 10-08-2019, 04:54 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I'm not really "by the sea" anymore, but when I first joined here I lived in a town that had Sea in the name. I do live in NYC now so I guess I kind of still am? Haha
Old 10-08-2019, 05:27 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I was not trying to have my name be Suki but that was the name of my chinchilla. Just find it funny that so many people here have had pets by that name!
I just chose Babycat because I love cats and they always make me happy no matter how deep the darkness is for me.
Old 10-08-2019, 06:28 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I earned the nickname because I always wear a hoody

Numbers are a combo random enough to not get recognized but still mean something
Old 10-08-2019, 07:55 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Administrator

everyone in my life knows me as D...being Australian I didn't think 'Dee' would make people think I'm a woman (I'm not )

The 74 referred to the birth date I put in when I joined. Its not my real year of birth but I was pretty scared & paranoid when I opened my account here

D
Old 10-09-2019, 03:24 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by babycat View Post
I was not trying to have my name be Suki but that was the name of my chinchilla. Just find it funny that so many people here have had pets by that name!
I just chose Babycat because I love cats and they always make me happy no matter how deep the darkness is for me.
My friend sent me a video of two bobcat kittens playing on his back porch today. ❤️
Old 10-09-2019, 03:25 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
everyone in my life knows me as D...being Australian I didn't think 'Dee' would make people think I'm a woman (I'm not )

The 74 referred to the birth date I put in when I joined. Its not my real year of birth but I was pretty scared & paranoid when I opened my account here

D
I did, at first, think you were a woman. I can’t say I ever knew or heard of a woman named Dee either. In fact, the only Dee I ever even heard of is a guy. Weird.
Old 10-10-2019, 05:00 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Soturi is Finnish for warrior, I believe. I like to think I'm a warrior because I'm finished with drinking.
Old 10-10-2019, 07:26 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Mine is random nonsense involving a childhood pet and a street I once lived on.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:17 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I picked the username NessunDorma after the song in the opera Turandot. It’s a beautiful and uplifting tune, all about things being darkest before dawn. The singer faces life and death challenges the next day and is thinking about what is to come - ending on the triumphant phrase ‘vincero’ (I will win), for me the most resonant and moving piece of any music. It just conveys what it it is like to overcome the struggles we all have with alcohol...have a listen if you have a few minutes...
Old 10-10-2019, 08:56 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NessunDorma View Post
I picked the username NessunDorma after the song in the opera Turandot. It’s a beautiful and uplifting tune, all about things being darkest before dawn. The singer faces life and death challenges the next day and is thinking about what is to come - ending on the triumphant phrase ‘vincero’ (I will win), for me the most resonant and moving piece of any music. It just conveys what it it is like to overcome the struggles we all have with alcohol...have a listen if you have a few minutes...
That’s great and I will definitely give it a listen. I like to broaden my tastes. Can I ask, do you have some sobriety under your belt? It seems like yes.